Brand New Related Bands

Hey Sup Forums I was wondering if you guys knew of any bands that sound like Brand New. Specifically how they sounded on Deja Entendu. Thanks in advance.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BSk8kY_rcrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What elements of this album / Brand New are you looking for?
This album is really unique. They have this like split personality disorder and there's teenage angst and depressing heartbreak vibes as well as a God complex ego

Is it that personality you're looking for? Or that pop-punk kinda sound

Give their other album Your Favorite Weapon a spin, the same Brand New just not as depressing

Fall Out Boy

Taking Back Sunday and Straylight Run are the obvious ones.

Tell All your Friends is actually a good album.

check out Remo Drive's debut album Greatest Hits

I think the general sound of the album is top notch, but what really sells it for me is just the way they deliver the lyrics and just how powerful it is. I guess that's the kind of stuff I want to find more of. Thanks for your help.

You should also check out music by Manchester Orchestra, specifically the album Like a Virgin Losing a Child

A small and obscure band that you should surely check out is The Felix Culpa. You'll probably have a hard time finding a lot of their stuff, but they're great.

Also some stuff by Bright Eyes/Connor Oberst might checksome of your boxes. Don't really have any album suggestions tho.

Taking Back Sunday is good too, and they had beef with Brand New back in the day, writing feud songs about each other.

Some bands I have never checked out, but seem to have similar styles and fans are Senses Fail, the Used, and Story of the Year.

I guess if you haven't listened to TDAG; because TDAG shits all over deju entendu

OP here just want your guys opinion on Bright Eyes Another Travlin' Song, for me it's like my absolute favorite song by him.

WRONG

I did love that album but Deja Entendu has a special place with me for it being the first time I listed to them or any music like that in general.

For deep lyrics that get you thinking, that's still fun and within the pop-punk realm, Talon of the Hawk by The Front Bottoms

Thanks for all the bands guys I'll try to listen to them all. Goodnight

Not the whole album particularly, but I get some Deja vibes from the latest Sorority Noise record. Haven't listened to anything else by them but found the album enjoyable.

youtube.com/watch?v=BSk8kY_rcrk

As someone who disagrees, listen to First Letter, Leave the Fan On, and No Halo. If you like these three, you might like the album.

Deja Entendu is good because it's a nice middle ground between the mall-emo stuff they were doing on YFW with the more experimental stuff from TD&G onwards.

Anyway, you'd probably like Say Anything user.

Yukon Era

how the fuck could call deja entendu a middle ground between yfw and tdag. deja is nothing but emo rock like yfw

Not him, but if you can't tell the differences between YFW and Deja, I have no idea how you can appreciate any differences between any album.

Well this is literally more brand new than anything Brand New has.

TDAG is Brand New ripping off Modest Mouse.

Deja is like the seed of that, but you can still hear some remnants from YFW. Even still, they ditched a lot of the pop punk stuff from YFW, so the only real mall-emo song on there is Quiet Things.

Brand New is emo for people who don't like emo

I've never understood the modest mouse comparisons. The styles are so dramatically different.

Well I guess I respect Brand New for actually making good music then.

Mostly the whole "loud, quiet,loud thing", the fact they went from power chords to the twinkly guitar noodling that MM do and the fact they mostly ditched their peers to play crappy indie music.

idk anything on reddit really. they love this atheist emo shit

>the only real mall-emo song on there is Quiet Things
What is Sic Transit?