ITT

10/10 pop albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmFzVVk6F8Y
youtu.be/O0LT6Yp_MCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Never understood why Billy Joel is never discussed on this board.

>inb4 muh post-rock, much indie

Recommend highly if you haven't heard. Strong Beach Boys influence.

>tfw you own a physical copy of this album

Jealous

I mean you can get it on Amazon for like $12. I'm honestly surprised someone else actually likes this album. Obviously Dan is more popular for other reasons but I really do like that album.

I don't know if you've heard this before but it's pretty great in my opinion:

youtube.com/watch?v=AmFzVVk6F8Y

XD

Good album but 10/10... c'mon.

>Can't fight the seeether

Muh niggas. The only 10s in this thread

Seether is the only sub-10 song. Amazing album. So many sub-10/10 albums listed in this thread and you're going to knock American Thighs. whatevs.

You guys are posting pop that's pushing the envelope, so shall I.

youtu.be/O0LT6Yp_MCo

If you were even thinking about posting any of these albums you need to be castrated

YOU'RE NOT THE OOOO-OOOO-OOOOO-OOOOO-OOOO-NE

billy joel sucks hard. I hate his cheesy, lazy melodies and "stories", probably an unfair amount, but people who aren't music fans always go on and on to me about how he's the greatest ever, and "his songs tell STORIES" like he's the only narrative songwriter in western music or something. I'm also a pianist, and I've probably been asked upwards of thirty times if I can play piano man (along with Clocks and Don't Stop Believin') so I've grown incredibly prejudiced. Still, his music is nothing special. Just listen to Elton John instead.

NOBODY ASKED ME

IF I WAS OKAY

NONONONONONONONONONON

I WISH THESE 24 HOURS
WOULD NEVER END

great picks, especially the Sky, Nick Lowe and Zombies. Never understood why this board (and music communities in general it seems) have such a huge hard-on for the Beach Boys but the Zombies get a much shorter end of the stick. I've always thought The Zombies had better arranging and melodies, and the Beach Boys' production doesn't seem crazy better either.

OH JAPANESE JESUS

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME
IS MY TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME

TRY TO TEACH ME A LESSON

I'LL KEEP

I'LL KEEP YOU GUESSING

much better album comin through

With a little time, you discover all his albums until Glass Houses are classics, You have to overcome a little corniness. Sort of like how you have to get over puking when you do heroin.

also, does talking heads count as pop?

This and pretty much all these Rockpile/Dave Edmunds/Nick Lowe albums are this good. Same band for all 5 of these albums.

1978 Dave Edmunds - Tracks On Wax
1979 Dave Edmunds - Repeat When Necessary
1979 Nick Lowe - Labor of Lust
1980 Rockpile - Seconds of Pleasure
1981 Dave Edmunds - Twangin'

i wouldn't really say so, like they're relatively popular, but I'd consider them more new wave, like they don't fit a lot of the traditional pop genre conventions. They were also predominantly played on college and alternative radio so i don't really think so

Stop Making Sense afterwards for sure. They split the art/afro punk from the pop...and the results didn't suck..for 2 albums.

Am I the only one here who thinks Fear of Music is just as good as Stop Making Sense?

Oops, I meant Speaking In Tongues for "Stop Making Sense"

Little Creatures and True Stories

definitely not, I think basically all of their albums in between More Songs and True Stories are equally great

There are plenty that prob think both are great. Not sure where anyone would slight either.

this is more indie rock than pop.

Mostly pop and 90% of the songs are sexually graphic. LOVE the Vaselines.

>Still, his music is nothing special
He made songs that millions of people like, so his music is at least more special than yours..

>x is bad
>oh yeah? well x is pretty fucking famous, and you're a nobody, so your criticism is invalid

do better please, i know you can

Why do you think he is famous? Because he wrote good pop songs that most people like. He could have been one of the thousands forgotten and unknown pop artists with cheesy and lazy melodies of the 70s, but he isn't.

there are tons of famous artists who are absolutely terrible, many of whom have endured for decades, and the same is true in every form of media. this is just not a compelling defense of Mr. Joel.

once again Sup Forums shows its faggotry

>there are tons of famous artists who are absolutely terrible

And Joel is not one of them. The stranger is a critically acclaimed album that won the grammy and any serious musician understands that it's good. You are the one with terrible musical taste here.

This

The Stranger [Columbia, 1977]

Having concealed his ego in metaphor as a young songpoet, Joel achieved success when he uncloseted the spoiled brat beneath those bulging eyes. Here, the brat appears only once, in the nominal guise of the stranger. The rest of Billy has more-or-less grown up. He's now about as likable as your once rebellious and still tolerant uncle who has the quirk of believing that OPEC is a plot to ruin his air conditioning business. B-