When you have a million dollar voice...

>when you have a million dollar voice, but the only good melodies you come up with are satirical Eurotrash Schlager-type songs

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s016lAVsTSkN
vocaroo.com/i/s0o3D5IGb3Ax
youtube.com/watch?v=VSnL-ZEK08w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

TRO...

Shit, if only there were some sort of collaborative effort where different talents could come together to create music.

You think you can't make serious $$$ from that? Post vocaroo

I can write hella amazing melodies, hmu OP

op how u gonna make a claim like this and desert your thread huh

This Eurotrash Schlager music is contained only to half my country (Belgium) and if I'm lucky the Netherlands.

You can make a decent living for sure if you're in the top (which would be certain to happen with my Eurotrash Schlager writing skills).

My voice is something else though; it has the potential to go global, but not when all my brain comes up with is ironic Eurotrash Schlager music.
Best I could hope for is Sinatra impersonator.

I'm here, I'm here.

I'm pretty amazing at writing these ironic Schlager songs too.
Within minutes I'll have a chorus and bridge, complete with deliciously ironic lyrics, and I can even hear the entire arrangement in my head.

It's all in Dutch, so a lot of the deliciously ironic rhyming doesn't translate, but here's a little taste:

(singer singing about trying to bang some recently divorced woman, who turns him down and says:)
>"it is not long enough...
>... ago since he has left.

This particular song I imagine with a male Russian choir and vigorous piano.

dawg why won't you just post a sample of your voice, how are we supposed to believe you with zero proof

I'll record something in a sec, there are some people working just outside.

lets start a band

seriously, as someone with a good melodic sense and songwriting ability I'd love to get in on these ostensible millions

OP here, how would we fit though?

My writing skills are Euro Schlager, and my singing skills are (apparently) crooner.

I'd love to have an ironic band and churn out ironic Schlagers in the studio, and I'd love to have a crooner band and perform around the world.
Not sure if I could perform the ironic Schlagers (not without a disguise), and not sure if I can write potentially popular crooner songs.

lmao wait, so the Schlager music is actually the goal? I thought you were looking for people to help you write better music to capitalize on your voice. If you're actually gunning for a Schlager factory, what's the problem?

Ideally, I'd like to write crooner songs as well as I do Schlager songs.

desu the melodies are so good they're just a step away from being unironic.

>If you're actually gunning for a Schlager factory, what's the problem?
Getting it recorded I guess.

I have those Korg Volca things, but it would take me weeks to put something together and it would still sound shit.

for a 150 bucks you could have a solid vocal mic and a pirated music production software, don't let your dreams be memes. Problem with writing good crooner songs is you need really solid knowledge of songwriting and music theory, do you have that?

>Problem with writing good crooner songs is you need really solid knowledge of songwriting and music theory, do you have that?
The Schlager melodies I come up with are pretty intricate, I'm sure I have the natural technical ability to do crooner too. If only I could tap into that mindset better.

I guess I'd have to live in an area that's conducive to that kind of music. I actually live in Schlager country, so maybe that's why.

Standing by to record muh voice4u, waiting for these workers outside to leave.

as someone with ample natural technical ability, you almost definitely do not have enough to write crooner songs a la Sinatra et al. they're deceptively complex, with dozens of chords with specific voicings. I would be really shocked if you could produce an acceptable facsimile without that background. I mean if you can, good for you, but I would recommend educating yourself on that stuff at least to augment whatever natural ability you may have, I guarantee you everyone who wrote solid crooner songs had that background.

A+ thread

>20 replies
>7 IP's
>no vocaroo
GOod thread.

this desu fampais

OP here, here's a quick rundown on my voice:
vocaroo.com/i/s016lAVsTSkN

Gonna record me whistling one of the Schlager melodies in a sec.

Did you intentionally change key right in the middle?

Yes. It's a kind of vocal warm-up.

>vocaroo.com/i/s016lAVsTSkN
Nigga that's bretty gud desu

wow okay finally, i really thought I got baited there.

you literally sound like a Sinatra impersonator, fwiw. good voice, but idk if there are a million dollars for that in 2017, i mean we already have michael buble

And here's the basic melody for one of my ironic Schlager smash hits:

vocaroo.com/i/s0o3D5IGb3Ax

A bunch of friends and relatives know about these songs, so don't steal pls.
(although this one is only a few days old, so I'm not sure yet if I stole this from somewhere myself)

>we already have michael buble
Ya, him and Robby Williams both have voices that are too high for a lot of crooner songs.

GLO...

Bump for waking burgers.

Money in the bank, my friend.

Go on one of those talent shows or some shit, you've definitely got talent.
But gettin real here with you: It's an I've heard it before kind of voice.

You can definitely sing, but I really don't like this delivery on the tail end of 'robot'. That's the kind of cadence that might have been novel or enjoyable like 80 years ago, but today it really won't do you any favors.

Unrelated, but what's the original source for this melody? I've been searching high and low to it for no avail, only a heap of shitty techno remixes.

I'm just copying link related. It's more of a vocal exercise/showcase than anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=VSnL-ZEK08w

See link above.

I'll admit, I never expected a vocaroo sample and I really really didn't expect it to be this good

you just need to come up with a daring synthesis