youtube.com/watch?v=nK4WYmTOjdI
youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

it's okay, nothing too special

6/10 - not as good as OMRTS but better than the hunter

Meh at best

As far as their most recent albums go

The Hunter > OMRTS > EoS

The Hunter actually has stand out tracks which neither of the other two can boast. It's like two entire albums of filler

I liked it

4/10 it's not good

7/10
I absolutely loved OMRTS but I overplayed it and now can barely listen to anything on it.

The Hunter still gets regular spins BECAUSE of the fact that it's just a bunch of random killer disconnected songs instead of a cohesive art piece.

nothing can redeem their fucking vocals
I mean guys, just hire a good singer at this point
Brent's nasal meowing fucking ruined Jaguar God for me

Trying too hard with those vocals, they ruin most songs. Andromeda and Jaguar God are pretty good.

it's a really well-executed effort from the band. it's also selfless in that everyone contributes to every song and exercises restraint where they're not needed. also, for the first time in a while they actually follow a storyline and did a good job of depicting a battle with cancer as a death sentence handed down by a sultan in the desert where sand represents sand, etc.

their best album since crack the skye and a top 4 mastodon album. really loved bran's vocals here as well.

8/10 best since Crack the Skye

pretty bad on my first impressions. The Hunter had some great songs but everything after I can't get in to.

You can put it beside Crack the Skye in that it's a little less proggy but also a more polished offering. Surprisingly really good album with some desert rock influence on a few tracks (appropriate given the album's concept).

Best thing they've done since Crack the Skye. In terms of progression though it seems they haven't really moved past Skye though. Hopefully with the next album they make another leap like from Blood Mountain to Crack the Skye.

Yeah, I love this album but it seems like they maxed out here in refining every element they've been working on with past releases. I really would love to hear them roll the dice and try something completely different on their next album, be it some more synthed out psychedelic hyper prog space metal thing or something more stripped down like they did for game of thrones youtube.com/watch?v=nK4WYmTOjdI

I hope whatever it is it's just weird.

Do they have more songs like Show Yourself? Only song I liked

fucking trash

it terms of straight up catchiness I would go with this
youtube.com/watch?v=jWFWazj7Ud8

thanks senpai!

REEEEEEEEEEE
It's not the Air album

It has its moments, but overall pretty forgettable.

i actually like both of those quite a bit, although they don't have the mastodon feel

I jam both during runs. I love the proggier and slugger stuff too but not when I'm trying to run for some reason. I need a nice groove to lock into. Although "Life During Wartime" by the Talking Heads is my go to track.

Sludgier

Brann has almost single handedly killed Mastodon with his vocals and lyrics which is a shame since they were decent on CTS. Otherwise, EoS is completely forgettable and aside from a few decent riffs no more than Mastodon inspired commercial rock