How does /b feel about vigilantes?

how does /b feel about vigilantes?

as long he kills niggers i am happy

Vigilantes in general or vigilantes who are specifically like Travis and didn't truly care about what they fought for?

/thread

any type really but lets go with the travis type

newfag here, what does /thread mean?

bump

Probably one of the most interesting types of vigilantes, that's why the film is still praised multiple decades after it's release.

In multiple programming langues is used to declare that the element has ended.

He's implying that the thread is done.

have you ever seen the movie Magnum Force (Dirty Harry series)?

Kind of rude but I guess it is 4 chan

Could you guys ever see yourselves becoming the law in your area?

its not possible you would have to know when and were crime is happening to fight it...

its more about revenge if anything, you don't intervene (unless you happen to be there). its hunting down the rapist after they got away rather than stopping them

also even if you do ecounter a crime happening and dont have training,bodyarmor,or a fireman your pretty much toast speacially if their is a group of "bad guys "whit guns vs you alone, for it to work not only do you need super hearing powers to know when and were to step in, but you also need a gang of vigilantes to face 5 or more targets

You can buy body armor and guns. While you alone can't straight up just take on 5 dudes you have to make smart encounters

It's a dated concept, for the most part. When's the last time you've heard of a solo vigilante? Bernie Goetz? It was a big theme in the 70s and 80s due to rampant, uncontrollable crime in big cities and the police being too understaffed/underpaid/corrupt to properly control the situation. That said, Charles Bronson is the man.

The legal system is already muddy enough about figuring out whether a crime was actually committed. Expecting vigilantes to, say, observe due process and respect reasonable standards of evidence is... pretty optimistic.

both are really insightful posts, thank you

>vigilantes?

In real life, they don't actually believe in justice, but rather vengeance. Having a legal system is a huge improvement over that.

On the other hand, the legal system doesn't always work right.

How could I not be a fan of someone doing the job cops should do.

This is something I never understood about the RLSH crowd, they couldn't know where to go to "fight crime" or whatever either.

IRL Travis is a faggot who moves out of the country because some poopyhead he doesn't like was elected President.

thats why some people think we need vigilantes to mop up the pools of drool the legal system lets slip

That's not vengeance, though. That's just killing for fun. Not justifiable in any way.

Let dregs be dregs.

if you play the tactical roullette all alone your more likely to get killed

what do you mean, if a peice of evidence was obtained illegally do you think a criminal should face no punishment? the legal system says yes, the people might have a different answer

>if a peice of evidence was obtained illegally do you think a criminal should face no punishment

There's a reason for those rules.

Unless you want *more* dishonest cops in the world.

do you have to be solo?

They wan't to have a place in this world, a purpose, feel like they have made a difference

even if there actions are misguided

I'm not saying we should go out and curbstomp every Jaywalker that gets off easy, I personally think it should only be a resort for capital crimes

Well, I believe that is what OP is asking. Vigilante, as a term, tends to refer to individuals.
Nice fukkn trips nigga

>only

It already is. Just don't get caught.

I feel like there can be groups of vigilantes or even vigilante movements.

it can lead to the abbuse of power do, even more so when they are not regulated and follow their own rules.

There were those groups, I think they were called the guardian angels or something like that up until the late 80s, kind of stylized after the black panther look, with berets and all. As far as movements, in some people's eyes ISIS would be considered a modern day vigilante movement, I suppose. It just seems that OPs theme is more directed towards solo vigilantes. When people move for their own version of "social justice" as a group, to me, it becomes terrorism, or modern day feminism. Call it what you will.

Keep in mind, Bernie was out in the subways looking for an excuse to stop a crime.

Learn what "force multipliers" are and how to employ them.

Batman is pretty dope, I guess.