Why does Sup Forums not like this? the lyrics are better than anything radiohead has written

Why does Sup Forums not like this? the lyrics are better than anything radiohead has written

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=86Qe5wo_x4E
youtube.com/watch?v=78Gu8jD6yec
youtube.com/watch?v=ot_Fba49Woo
youtube.com/watch?v=otSw-6vmMRk
youtube.com/watch?v=wKrSYgirAhc
itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/father-john-misty-hemma-hos-strage/id1147279887?i=1000382995145&mt=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

p4k-fueled political bullshit aside, its good music

this

>the lyrics are better than anything radiohead has written
>mfw you think this is some sort of accomplishment

This album reminds me of when atheism was cool. i miss those days

vampire weekend should toss their upper middle class wes anderson bullshit and make an alt country album about being addicted to opioids while living in the rust belt

>upper middle class
>ivy league preps

I'd say upper class old money.

that feel when this song has more pain and reality then literally every single one of vampire weekends albums

youtube.com/watch?v=86Qe5wo_x4E

Listen to Ya Hey. best Vampire Weekend Song

No one on this board cares about lyrics because it's 'plebby' (they're just intellectually insecure)

No one listens to Radiohead for the lyrics though, Them Yorke's a bad songwriter and they're good in spite of his words rather than because of them.
Musical Vampire Weekend are really dreary though, I don't know how anyone enjoys them

Vampire Weekend is just insufferable. Every one of their albums is dogshit.

vampire weekend is the definition of white privilege

Whats wrong with being White?

nothing if you're poor/middle class
but when you're rich white boys like vampire weekend. pretty much scum of the earth that treats everyone like shit.

Animal Collective come from the same background but everybody loves them

No, the are the definition of having rich parents privilege. Money transcends race.

because they put their soul into music thanks to all the acid they did.

vampire weekend is bland yuppie trash. its like the main character from "the comedy" decided to get his best ivy league pals together to make music just for the fuck of it.

>thanks to all the acid they did
are you 12?

Because my vampire weekend phase ended when I turned 17

but why MVOTC is a GOAT

vampire weekend is music for yuppies, music you find out about on NPR while on the way to the yoga studio as you drive by the bad side of town where the drug addicts and crust punks take naps at the bus stop.
Musically its watered down talking heads with a side of 90's Disney cartoon musical segment. Its music that lives in a bubble of diversity and happiness and liberalism that makes you feel morally Superior while still being a rich asshole.

All while guys like cranford nix die unknown.

youtube.com/watch?v=78Gu8jD6yec

youtube.com/watch?v=ot_Fba49Woo

youtube.com/watch?v=otSw-6vmMRk

BNM 8.4

typical white privilege response

This album was a step in the right direction for the band. On Modern Vampires they completely dropped their WASP prep act and wrote songs about religion and agnosticism that were actually really good.

Right!? I can't think of an album that has come out since this that has dealt with religion so maturely

youtube.com/watch?v=wKrSYgirAhc

Because lyrics aren't the sole basis on which I judge music.

I like that song, but idk if its very mature

he literally grew up(well claims) in a religious cult. don't see how it can't get any more legit than that.

Im not saying he doesn't know what he is talking about, but its not very well rounded. that aspect of the song boils down to religious people = idiots.

Whereas Ya Hey deconstructs the concept of God point by point.

I feel like singing/talking about religion has become super corny, i feel dumb even typing this

>that aspect of the song boils down to religious people = idiots.
no i think you misheard the song he doesn't say that at all.

listen to his recent interview itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/father-john-misty-hemma-hos-strage/id1147279887?i=1000382995145&mt=2

DUDE
GRACELAND
LMAO