/Bjork/ - Vulnicura edition

Vulnicura is so much more emotionally devastating than Homogenic and Vespertine; that alone makes up for the relative lack of variety in instrumentation and beats - it's her best album yet

Other urls found in this thread:

setlist.fm/setlist/bjork/2017/foro-pegaso-toluca-mexico-7be6ba2c.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anohni
youtube.com/watch?v=Tlrw4xs-9sc
youtu.be/IcYeRPtWi7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Appreciated, but disagreed with.

Vespertine stands alone as the best album in her discography. I don't think she'll ever be able to top it.

Vulnicura is among my least favorite, but it's still pretty good. Black Lake has to be the most annoying song she's ever written though.

Agreed, such a fantastic album. I think Family is possibly the best song she's ever made

Nice, I also have it on vinyl along with Post, Vespertine, and Volta.
Was going to get Medulla and Biophilia Live but my brother snatched them up before I could

>Black Lake has to be the most annoying song she's ever written though.
Elaborate

From what I heard the trick doesn't work quite as well on vinyl but that was only one person here.

Her set at ceremonia festival in Mexico last night was pretty fucking neat.

setlist.fm/setlist/bjork/2017/foro-pegaso-toluca-mexico-7be6ba2c.html

But I love black lake ;-; it's a long song but it is so beautiful. I kind of wish it was longer since towards the end it goes from a gloomy song to a more hopeful and bright song but end quickly.

I just don't like it. I find it incredibly cheesy (melodically and lyrically) and repetitive. The song never goes anywhere interesting and there is no need for it to be 10 minutes long.

I think I'm out of the loop
Trick?

Fair enough, I can't say I agree though.

is this loss?

What?
Am I missing something here

Fuck the haters, I love Volta. Just something about that album. Underrated, imo.

It's got some killer tracks like Vertebrae by Vertebrae and Declare independence, but also some awful ones like Hope and My Juvenile - it's an okay album overall but there's just too many misses to consider it a great Bjork album overall

The outer cover clear slip sleeve is supposed to be reversed. How it originally comes in the packaging is a trick. Doesn't the vinyl come with a clear outer slip sleeve? I coulda swore someone showed me.

I haven't previewed this pic so I dont know if it's a good one. The cardboard and plastic sleeves both have the titles which perfectly align when reversed.

Yeah the pic is fine if not very good

Vertebrae by Vertebrae is so good. I also really like I See Who You Are. Earworm.

Agree, I'm and I play it more often than Post
Besides a couple grating tracks (you know the ones) I think it's a lovely album. The brass on on tracks like Pneumonia and Vertebrae are gorgeous

you have nice taste, user

Danke

>Liking Declare Independence
>Disliking Hope and My Juvenile
Both good songs, and My Juvenile>Dull Flame of Desire

Oh that? I didn't even see that as a trick, never mind

how do you sort your music? It looks vaguely colour coordinated but otherwise is it just rand- why do you have The Astonishing?..

Oh shit I forgot Dull Flame of Desire was on Volta shit son that's a good tune

I like Antony's vocals when xe's not writing xer's own material

>I like Antony's vocals when xe's not writing xer's own material
>xe
>xer

antony is a he, friendo

Vespertine > Homogenic > Medulla > Debut > Post > Vulnicura > Biophilia > Volta

If you disagree you have shit taste

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anohni

>Wiki uses female pronouns

hmmmmmMMMmm

Vulnicura > Vespertine > Medulla > Homogenic > Biopgilia > Post > Debut > Volta

after all these years homogenic is still the most refreshing, tight and consistent to me

fuck this remix is still 10/10 after all these years

youtube.com/watch?v=Tlrw4xs-9sc

Dull Flame's really great, but I always thought there wasn't enough development to justify the length

>I like Antony's vocals when xe's not writing xer's own material
This

Ahem

Vulnicura > Vespertine > Medulla > Homogenic > Biophilia > Songs From DR9 > Volta > Selmasongs > Post > Debut

Took a few pictures - I think it aligns with the name, and it looks like some sort of aura when reversed. Sorry about picture quality - took these on my ipod touch.

1/6

2/6

3/6

4/6

5/6

Neato

Anyone seen the video for Notget? Pretty cool

One more - my innate, savage autism and lack of sleep prevented me from comprehending what you said the first time - you noted that there's writing that aligns - here it is, I think.

7/7

By year and then there's quite a bit of color and design coordination

>aoty
The Astonishing

>runner up
Miranda Lambert

>honorable mention
Child Bite - Negative Noise

Right but this is the cd, no? That's some large wood grain.

>>aoty
>The Astonishing

user it's not funny anymore you can stop joking now

Are you implying Memestar was aoty?

>he doesn't think Blackstar was AOTY

Memestar wasnt even the best album that came out that day. Quite a coincidence with the album covers.

youtu.be/IcYeRPtWi7A

I take back saying you had nice taste

No, you can't do that. You can't talk about my pictures being about the CD then talk about the size of my desk's wood grain. You can I won't let you reeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Was that not you?
But yeah it's pretty awesome. Notice how her ring turns purple. Then on the back cover her name seems to turn into alien trees in the background.

Yo, I'm There's another user posting his cd collection which is who you're talking to I fink

So does your vinyl not have a clear slip case to "perform this trick"?

It does, I just didn't consider something so uninteresting a 'trick,' so I assumed there was something else to do with the record I didn't know about

Well in this day and age it just seemed more important than it probably would have back when physical media was the standard.

>Vespertine

Your post made me look up the album and holy fuuuuuuck. So good.

Vulnicura kind of bored me in its sameness, but now I have to re-listen. [spoiler]Stonemilker reminds me of my ex[/spoiler]

>declare independence
>killer
don't make me RE

just listened to vulnicura a day or two ago, super good