Sup Forums i'm a bedroom producer who's playing her first show tomorrow night

Sup Forums i'm a bedroom producer who's playing her first show tomorrow night

the setlist is 45 minutes but I've never played live before. I have a keyboard and my laptop, acting like I know what i'm doing, but really I'm lost

what should I expect?
Please send help

>do i bring my own cords
>do i bring my own mic and mic stand ???
>what happens at soundcheck
>what do i do so i'm not just standing there rapping/singing into a microphone while my laptop goes

Expect audio problems. Your mix probably won't sound as good as you remember.

is there any way to counteract this? is it closer to headphone sound (mine are solid, audiotechnica) or shitty laptop sound

press play

>her

i hear you but a large part of the songs aren't vocal between verses, so there will be gaps where I'm literally just standing there and i'd like to not look like an ass

>so there will be gaps where I'm literally just standing there and i'd like to not look like an ass
smoke weed

>her

Stop reading there.

stay 2008 for me

Fuck off attention whore
>le quirky music grill
this is why there are so few good female musicians.
They have zero authenticity, zero respect, zero craftsmanship.
Why did you have to tell us that you have a vagina and tits?
Piss off clown.

Who the hell goes to shows of female "musicians"
They bought a fucking ticket and everything. Losers paying their hard earned money to hear a complete joke trying to imitate a man.

>her

>WOMEN EXIST AND I CANT GET LAID

Just play badly and call it experimental and berate the audience if they disagree with you.

>mfw vagina envy is an actual thing
Lol double lol.

go based off what sound you get from your headphones, that way it will be better balanced.

also a lot of DJing is showing the crowd you can have a good time up on stage, this makes them have a good time. Show your tits, do a line of coke, go crazy.

Also try to make sure the music doesn't stop.

thank you for real advice in the midst of the shitshow i accidentally caused

its okay, maybe try a better forum then Sup Forums for advice on this?

Sup Forums is known for angry virgin men so if you say you are a grill here you're asking for trouble, try reddit or official ableton forums or something.

fair enough. expected it to be honest, but Sup Forums is my first home so I figured I'd come here to ask.

>Sup Forums is known for angry virgin men so if you say you are a grill here you're asking for trouble,

t.virgin

Don't put any beer or beverages anywhere near your equipment. Keep that stuff on the floor.

KeksimusMaximus.jpg

Something always goes wrong no matter how small, don't make mountains, most of all have fun, because if it isn't it's too much like work, just keep going no matter what.I had an tube blow at a show once, thought I was cooked but walked over and plugged into the back up like nothing happened, didn't even know it was in me. You'll be fine, just have fun. Just laugh it off if goes bad and keep going.

Just keep the beat going and play favorites if you're trying to feel out the crowd.

Also never become that 'guy' that promotes himself every 30 seconds or plays an extensively long build-up. I just want to dance yo

hop around and twiddle things here and there, even if they dont actually do anything or affect the music, try to look like you are up there overwhelmed with all sorts of things that you need to do.

>her
You're not a woman just because it turns you on to dress like one.

Any normal person would just say "my first show," including an actual woman. People are giving you shit because you're making this all about your sexual fetish, like all trannies do.