How are your investment gains coming along Sup Forums?

How are your investment gains coming along Sup Forums?

I am making some gains that I'm bretty happy about!

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/simulator/
nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/best-online-brokers-for-stock-trading/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

i am loosing money for being perma-bear
the next crisis can't come soon enough

I am survivng

Thanks Tim Cook, I knew I could count on you.

Wtf Sup Forums is full of smart/rich fags
Might not be such a bad investment of time after all

I started with a small loan from my father

>Beginning balance 120k
Come on

Hello, mr trump.

it doesn't matter
what matter is that he can multiply it and you can't (or I can't)

Delet

I more than doubled my money in crypto in 2016

T. Ethereum shill

I have no investments, just hard work.

I started investing about 4 or 5 years ago and it was basically a money hole for the longest time, kept at it and just this year and last year all my investments have started to turn green
almost 7% up which is good

I just started investing recently, in 4 months I've made about 6% total growth on my initial investment, which I'm pretty happy about.

Also what apps do you guys use to track the long-term evolution of your portfolio (for example and )? My online broker doesn't have any tool which allows me to track long-term changes like that, only day-to-day.

HAHAHA holy fuck, stocks have been SURGING these last 5 or 6 years.

What the fuck were you investing in?

7% in 4-5 years? Or 7% YTD?

An excel spread sheet

>invite to earn more
do it faget, I want to earn more demo dollars

I invested in stocks with better dividends over short term value gains, I can't really get stats on how much I have earned from that but it has been pretty good

REMINDER: THIS IS IN CHILEAN PESOS, he basically only has $500.

Here are my holdings:

Consolidated Edison: 75 shares($76.67 each) 5750.25
Berkshire Hathaway Class B: 100(175.68) = 17568
Gay Lea Dairy: 500 shares, non-public shares

No other shares presently.

In Malaysia we have this semi-gov mutual fund called ASB. Only Malays can join. Returns have been around 7-9% p.a. since inception. Feels good to be malay.

Yeah, but that's in a single week, 34 hours work. My mom is a teacher, studied in uni works 45 hours a week plus unpaid overtime and makes less than me driving drunken idiots around.

Fair enough, what kind of work do you do?

Uber driver

I used to work but my job was so shit I quit after a month

How does one buy stocks

Open a broker account

It's just my Broker's meme chart lol

But yeah this is turning out to be a good year lads. Only shit thing is since my portfolio is so small I'd be better off just working more baka@myself

OPs mom literally gave him $20k

likely a toronto chink

I can't invest if I don't have money. Can't get money because I don't have a job. Can't get a job because I'm sick.

Would love it if my money could work for me.

Lol not a chink, not even a poo either

It's complicated

Sick with what?

How and where? Where did you learn?

Cancer

throat?

Are u the same guy I was telling yesterday

Just open one at your bank or research online brokers.

Learn by reading Jack Bogle's books and forum but tl;dr buy the s&p500, invest often, buy the dip, don't sell for decades, time in market > timing the market, try to maximize income and extract maximum value from spending

Lift weights, eat well sleep good don't do drugs or smoke, eat your vegetables, pray to God and make ammends with ur enemys

That's it you're now successful investor.

Just register here: investopedia.com/simulator/

It is with fake money so if you fuck up bad you don't actually lose anything.

Non-Hodgkin lymphoma
If I want to play with fake money then I would play a vidya.

Alternatively go on /biz/ and r/wallstreetbets and gamble your life savings away on penny stocks and options thinking you can consistently beat the market before you hang yourself

Are you going to live or die

How did you get diagnosed

I'm hopefully going to live. And a big lump in my pants that wasn't my penis. The local lymphatic system was the size of a handball by the time the chemo started.

>It's complicated
Absolute mongrel?

No lol I'm white, I meant the situation in regards to the money is complicated.

Okay I hope you make it bro

Get off Sup Forums and think happy thoughts. Fuck this degenerate shithole you deserve better

Just open something at any one of several internet brokers
nerdwallet.com/blog/investing/best-online-brokers-for-stock-trading/

I am a day trader in the only english speaking day trading company in Japan. Ask me anything.

Is it fun

Not everyday
Sometimes when you make it big you feel like you own the world, on days where you lose though...

Is it a prop trading firm?

Who covers the losses?

Yeah, proprietary trading firm, they cover all loss and calculate everything on a monthly basis.
Meaning you can lose 5000 dollars in one day and be almost assured not to gain anything for the month.

Is it even worth it honestly?

To be honest I'm only doing this to get nice certifications to get into some nice niche financial institution in Luxemburg after graduation.

Money wise there's better out there, that's for sure, but the thrill of winning money by an inspired decision (or that of not losing money by pulling just in time) is priceless

True senpai

I want to learn to trade options

It's the more math heavy option, but I heard it pays much better once you know what you're doing
A few of my colleagues used to trade them before getting fired for various reasons

>various reasons
hmm, maybe because derivatives are the most volatile, unpredictable shit there is out there and they fucked up like nearly everyone?

B-but muh tastytrade said Options are free money!!!

I think it was more that they developed a gambling addiction on the job and refused to let go of it
>Like nearly everyone who fucked up

What are the future prospects of Nippon Steel?

Average but safe,
who will never need steel in a political economy heavily reliant on construction contracts to promote full employment?
Then again, I am a day trader, not an investor. Also I mainly trade Amex, NYSE, Euronext and Frankfurt so others may know more about the JP market.

Everyone needs steel, but there are plenty of companies that supply it.

As the population of Japan declines, they might need far less. Also cheaper foreign steel from places like China

>Also cheaper foreign steel from places like China
This is Japan we're talking about. Hidden trade barriers in the very structure of its administration exist, and they are especially protective of their construction projects.
>As the population of Japan declines, they might need far less.
It's not about the needs for construction really, it's about how much money is already allocated to each prefecture for construction and repairs.
Since they all act like its a feudal dick measuring contest, they will not allow one yen to slip out of their grasp.

Of course you are right to think that this will eventually stop and lower, but as far as the short and medium term are concerned, it's safe as is.

Do you think Japan will succumb to the forces of multiculturalism?

What's investing in Japanese firms like? The attitude towards business? I knew Japan was quite difficult to enter for foreign companies, but beyond that businesses run about the same as they do here?

>succumb to the forces of multiculturalism?
Not a chance, Japan confucian heritage makes it impossible.
If you try to breach it you make your own community and are isolated from the rest of the country on every level.
>businesses run about the same as they do here?
Not too familiar with Canada, but here in short everything resolves around cooperation over competition.
>In long: You have big bank conglomerates which links to minor and major companies which links to the political and administrative sphere (Indirect administrative guidance is omnipresent here). They all work hand in hand to generate permanent employment and apply governmental goals.
If you try to compete you are out of the loop and will not compete against a few firms of the same kind as your own, but against the entire system.

How do you think the abolishment (whether it's possible or not) of this quasi-feudalism or at least the protectionist aspect you described would affect the future growth of the Japanese economy?

I think it would lead the economy to face a harsher crisis, something Japan is horrible at dealing with.
Little story: GM had a few billions in deficit when they tried to breach Japan in the seventies, what if it tried without being shut down by the administration?
It would have crushed the automobile industry of the time, even without the support of Japanese banks and institutions.
Same would apply to many Japanese companies today who stand on thin ice.

Anyway since this protectionism is not officially recognize they still reap the benefits of free trade anyway, there is nothing to gain from removing the current system.