Any other military Sup Forumsros up late with insomnia dreading going to pt

Any other military Sup Forumsros up late with insomnia dreading going to pt.

Let's bullshit and complain about shit.
Civilians can ask anything if you want.

Is going to army really worth it?
Don't you regret that you didn't go for a nice desk job?

Just got off shift a bit ago. I had to stay up well past the time I needed to go to bed yesterday in order to see the actual daytime sky for the first time in weeks.

>pt
I'm USAF. I do my PT when I want. Sometimes that's on shift, sometimes that's at home.

>complaint
Support sections not supporting with any motivation whatsoever. At my earliest convenience or ASAP means the next time I'm on shift with all those day people (read: never) or on my day off. Daywalkers don't have a fucking clue.

Insomniac Marine reporting in

Almost desk job. And they gave me $40k bonus, well more like 30 after taxes.
I almost regret it, but it seems to be working out.
Only been in a little over a year, so we'll see how it goes.

AF, fuck you guys. I'm so fucking jelly.
Army attached to an AF base myself.

There's plenty of desk jobs in the Army.

I want to talk shit about marines, but the ones I've worked with so far have been pretty cool.
Bit too hooha tho.

I thought they trained you guys do spend 24 hours on watch and then do a normal duty day immediately after you're relieved. In training, anyway.

>jelly
Depends on what it is you do. Maintenance can suck a lot depending on airframe (or other equipment). There's a broad spectrum of ops-type jobs, but they either have a fairly frequent deployment schedule or you're on 12s until the end of time. I won't lie, though, I have a somewhat cynical take because I had one very bad four-year assignment that had a very good mission but absolutely piss-poor leadership and the location was depressing beyond belief.

Army reporting. Got my discharge paperwork finally just a few days ago. I'm out.

I'd love a 12hr cycle.
Night shift preferably, I always sleep better during the day. And it'd make my tattoo more worth it.
I'm in satcom and I actually like what I do.
Still feel like no matter what, it's be nicer on the AF side.

Well, green-to-blue is a thing (and ANG is pretty great if you get an AGR position or even a technician or drill-status spot alongside a fat civilian contract) in addition to L3, SAIC, Raytheon, etc. always looking for trained comm/sat techs.

Got any jobs lined up, or are you just gonna chill for a while and grow a beard.

I thought about it, but I figure I'll just ride out my 6 year contract and get a cushy civilian job.
Already talking to people at Raytheon.
I'm on Peterson and I always seem to end up in the Raytheon office in town.

Also, my tattoo, cause I never really have a reason to show anyone.

>5-speed
More of a T5 kinda guy, eh?

Raytheon's a good company. Always done right by me, even if I think the amount of stuff that'd make me just *that* much more effective at my own job falls under the "proprietary information" label. That means I can't have it because it'd eventually fall into the hands of some scummy-ass company like General Atomics who'd make their own shitty but cheaper version and so steal the contract.

Oh I've been out for about 6 months, it just took a while getting my dd214 becsuse, well, I never asked for it lol.

Can assure you I'm looking very operator these days. And yes I've a few jobs lined up, civi ones anyway.

Fit the circle design better, and everything I drive seems to be 5 speed.

Most of the people I talk to seem happy with them. Half of them are the Reserves part of space.

Sounds pretty good to me.
I can't wait to leave.
I like what I do, but the bullshit is endless.
And no one ever tells me shit, so I always end up on someones shitlist for being late.

Then you're definitely hanging out with boots. Lucky for me, guys in my field mellow out fast.

Pretty much. Doesn't change the fact that I can't sleep for shit.

Yeah. Mostly the ones in training at Ft. Gordon.
I joined to get what I can from the army and get out. Patriotic stuff is just a bonus.

Insomniac coastie reporting in.

i am a fat fruit and veg manager... i was thinking of join the military for a life chance, thoughts? i am Aussie.

Legit question, what do you guys do besides make stories for movies.

Dealt with some aussies a couple times, seemed to like it, but other than that I can't tell you anything.
As far as being fat, you can change that. I was 315 before I decided to join.

>Aussies
I had the chance to meet the first several Australian MQ-9 trainees while they were here for initial qualification training. Top-notch, really good guys. While I was there, I heard their ranking officer came in the morning after a Friday get-together at one of the squadrons and cleaned everything else up himself.

Yeah. You know as well as I do that they start young and hopeful and end up dead inside from alcoholism and shitty leaders.

Some just stay really fucking stupid though.

Is it true about the majority of military personnel being fags?

I feel like we all do.
I've never drank more in my life than after I joined.
I joined at 24, so I was pretty much dead inside already tho.

I don't know about the majority, but my gayness really came out more since I joined.
I keep it real low key tho. As much as they talk about a new army, it still isn't the best to be openly gay or bi.

Well I'm gonna go get some red bull and die at pt.
Yall have a good one.

I got that same patch off of /k/

The most I ever did was search and rescue aka being a water ambulance. We also did a shit load of law enforcement dealing with illegals and drug running. Also the guardian was a stupid ass movie that Hollywood twisted around to sound cool. Any self respecting coastie will tell you that 80% of it is bullshit.

Nah that's just the navy

Same. Started on the fast track to alcoholism.

Are you just glorified welfare queens?

....or am i grossly misreading things.....

It's 0632 central time why the fuck aren't you at PT yet

i really hope that's not permanent.
you'll never get to do SAD work now.

You're reading it very wrong
>pay with benefits
> 60+ hours a week
> going to foreign countries for 6, 9, 12, 18, 24 months at a time.
> literally having your body fucking destroyed in a matter of 4 years.
So fuck you cumstick

It is. I'll deal with the consequences as they come.

What is SAD?
I fucking hate acronyms. I swear I had a sentence one time that was just acronyms.

kek CIA Special Activities Division.
assassins and spy shit.
Laser that shit off ASAP /k/ekmando

so your saying you do it all for fun?

Why have war when we have hate sex?

Oh. Yeah, I ain't doing none of that.
I'm a computer nerd with some outdoor ambition.
I'll stick with the tat.

He's saying it's job and we get compensated appropriately. In my opinion it's not always enough.

So I took a shower and decided to sham out of pt.
Fucking insomnia is killing me tho.
Haven't slept in about 50hrs.

impressive
i can't make it through the day without a 3 hour nap.

Insomnia's a bitch.
When I'm tired I can't sleep and by the time I can sleep I'm not tired enough.

Is that a real patch bc if so, that's the coolest one I've ever seen. All of mine don't compare