Muh wife

muh wife

DUDE TRUMPS A FASCIST

Why did it have to be this of all albums that retards chose to meme

cause its shite

Are you kidding it's a minefield of memes waiting to explode

This album.. Like, I decided to give it a listen and the first lyrics on the first track made me instantly turn it off. I'm actually still cringing.

The memeing of this album is sadder than the album itself

He should've waited longer to release music about her. This album is only "good" because she died. Ignore that and it's just another guy whining over guitar tracks. Boring.

Is hiding in the basement.

Because it's hyped as fuck, and no one can come up with an articulate defense of it besides "muh emotion excuses the total lack of interesting musical ideas"

Okay so if an album makes me feel emotions and has me re-thinking a lot of things then that is trumped by a lack of "interesting musical ideas"? Give me a break. Y'all pretentious shits who just can't get over yourself. An album can have a million "interesting musical ideas" but if it doesn't make me feel anything: why should I even listen to it?

>interesting musical ideas
I've seen some pseudo-intellectual shite in my life, but this is something special.

So long as the music and techniques are used to convey the desired idea then nothing else matters. But when you go full literal with your output then you're pretty much defeating the purpose of using music to convey an idea in the first place which is the issue with this thing.
If what you're trying to say can just be said then there's no point in throwing out a gentrified, 'look at me I'm sad' album.

same

what? He kinda sorta indirectly references Trump once in the last song, I'm pretty sure. Are there other references I missed?

That's how I felt my first two listens so I dropped it. But being a Phil fan I stuck around to listen to an interview he did where he talked about how the songs really weren't meant for being released. They were really just for him. And whoopty-do he realized he'd made an album so he put it out. In that context the lyrics sorta do make sense, it's literally just a diary of sorts.

>implying that emotional isn't an enormous part of appreciating and critically analyzing music
what do you listen to?

>He kinda sorta indirectly references Trump once in the last song
where?

In Crow, he says something about the world his daughter is born into being fascist. I dunno, the song is set in November, and it was released as part of an ACLU charity thing, so I just made the connection.

Kill yourself if you can't appreciate this album. You're worthless anyway.

was murdered.

I see this complaint even for Bob Dylan's music, though I haven't listened to Mount Eeriee's new album yet. What do you expect from folk and folk rock? Allan Holdsworth level chord voicings and phrasing? Twenty minute ambient motifs? Take folk for what it is.

muh autism
muh shitty grandparents who let the internet parent (You)
muh "My kids had kids early b/c i accidentally raised them to be whores but i'm not going to let them have an abortion even though they or I shouldn't be raising a kid because abortion is a SIN!!!1!!!!1!!"
you should kys, because you were doomed from the moment you came out