Denied release in China

>Denied release in China
>Shit word of mouth already affecting its release date
>Pre-order ticket sales are practically non-existent
>Needs to make at least 400 Million to recoup its investment

Are you ready for the biggest box office disaster since Pluto Nash?

Are you ready for the biggest box office disaster sin

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/anti-ghostbusters-revolution-will-not-be-upvoted-239374
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Are you ready for the biggest box office disaster sin

Fuck, didn't mean to type that

CERTIFICATED FRESH

MANBABBIES ON

Not being released in China is bad for the "GB Cinematic Universe" they're wanting to make, but I'm not sure it'll bomb. Films that bomb are films nobody is talking about... And everybody is talking about GB 2016

I'm talking about it but I'm certainly not paying money for it.

And it's all going down on a weekend where Ghostbusters has no major competition.

How pathetic for them.

I hope this ruins Paul Feig's career. Run back to your Spy sequels, you fucking trash merchant.

I'm fucking ready for the feminist butthurt when it bombs.

Secret life of pets, kids will want that more. Star Trek soon.

>Shit word of mouth already affecting implying this will keep the "progressives" and normies away
>Pre-order ticket sales are practically non-existent
Since when has this ever been a barometer of success or failure?
It's budget was $140 million, $250 million return would be a great profit return

I look forward to Sup Forums being btfo yet again

>$250 million return would be a great profit return
Domestic gross alone or does that figure include international money?

>It's budget was $144 million, $250 million return would be a great profit return

Right. You've completely left out world wide marketing for the movie, and that's not cheap. Even as a bare minimum it's estimated that the marketing for this movie was approximately 75-100 million.

They would need to make, atleast, 350+ million to make a profit.

>the average pleb likes bottom tier humour
More news at 11.

I also wouldn't be surprised if "feminists" are flooding it with praise simply because of the female leads even though they haven't actually seen it yet.

What are your top 10 films of all time?

what's funny is the top critics score is still below fresh, but it still is a red meter because they made it "certified fresh." It's literal damage control before your eyes.

What is the relevance?

>the average pleb likes bottom tier humour
I want to see your taste in film
Especially to see if you are one of them too and don't realize it

Taste in humour =/= taste in film

Not every film is a comedy. Again, it's not relevant.

Sure if you're going to beat around the bush then we can do it

Post your top 10 comedy films of all time

if women are just as good as men, if not better, why can't they make a good ghostbusters movie?

You do know Sony spent $400 million. That's FOUR, ZERO, ZERO MILLION. promoting Angry Rids right? Imagine how big the Ghostbusters ad budget was for the amount of shilling being done.

Assuming it's around $300 million for the ad budget at the bare minimum, it would need to make at least $500 million to even consider breaking even. (that includes all the other costs that are kept under the books)

>shit on the original fans and men in general
>wonder why it does terrible
It's good that this shit has united Sup Forums

why are the chinese so afraid of spooky monsters

you know how when you squint your eyes and then also at the same time it

I don't think I've ever been so eager for a movie to tank, and this weekend is going to be glorious to behold. Monday morning I'm going to be on box office mojo mashing F5 and cackling in delight as the sweet, sweet schadenfreude rolls over me in waves.

Paul Feig made it, he's also the one who lead the charge calling all detractors misogynist. When his shit film bombs it will reinforce his world view that sexist men are ruining the world and need to be taken down a peg. Luckily he won't be trusted with big budget movies anymore.

>It's budget was $140 million, $250 million return would be a great profit return

not him but why aren't you interrogating literally every other Sup Forums poster? Nothing he said was particularly special

you're a freak among freaks

I saw Pluto Nash opening weekend in theaters

Then don't reply unless you are sure your cinematic skill set is above mine.

They don't get 100% of ticket sales. Also as some anons pointed out, you're not counting advertising.

These are the retards hating on ghostbusters.

There's next to no marketing for this movie, all the marketing was free thanks to the stink caused by literal baby men. Even if there was a marketing budget what makes you think it would be twice the budget of the movie itself

I don't care about your cinematic skill set but your autism is intriguing

What about all the reviews claiming it's great and anyone who dislikes it is a misogynist shitlord? And what about normies?

But you said you weren't him or was that just more beating around the bush because your taste is terrible

Maybe not 100% but they would get the lion share upwards of 80% easy

>Films that bomb are films nobody is talking about... And everybody is talking about GB 2016

It doesnt really work so well if people talk about it, but no one's actually spending money to see it. Lots of people talking about it works if it gets other people to watch it, which is really isn't at this point/.

You haven't posted your favorite films so your point is moot.

Maybe from domestic, I don't know (and neither do you), but not from international.

saying that plebs like shitty humor is just such a basic post to make here though

I was confused as to what about it made you so interested as to pester him for a list of his top 10 films

but it doesn't matter, enjoy your investigation

Let me know what you think. You should be able to in detail if you're above the average pleb

You're wrong

>Then don't reply unless you are sure your autism is above mine.
Fixed that for you, pleb.

I know, I can't wait to drink the tears of manbabies who can't stomach a female lead movie being a success

>american economics
typical amerifat
go fuck yourself and let the big people talk. If you can't keep up in a conversation then best to not speak of it at all.

>80%

What charity organizations are running theaters where you're from?

Most places are going to take 50% minimum. In America at least. Probably more internationally.

Being generous, assuming everyone goes the America Standard rate of 50%, Ghostbusters is going to need double it's budget in sales to make it's money back.

>$250 million return would be a great profit return
It's always the libcucks that suck hard at economics. No wonder they tend to be commies.

are you OK?!?! Did someone summon Candlejack in this thr

And? I want to see the plebs taste if hes going to step up on Sup Forums 2016

>75%
>horrible average score despite this
>the rest of the reviews aren't even in
>certified

Somebody's getting a stern talking to for certifying that.

Actually, film companies do get the lion's share of ticket prices, somehwere in the range of 70% infact. That's one of the reasons movie theatres charge such high prices at concession, because it's where they make all their money

>newfrog memer is against autism

Holy fuck you are one deluded motherfucker

protip, if what you said were true movies like these would've stopped ages ago

There isn't any "hidden" 400 million dollar marketing budget

Give it a rest manbaby

avclub.com/article/anti-ghostbusters-revolution-will-not-be-upvoted-239374

It's closer to 50% for most. Only huge studios like Disney can blackmail people into 70%

>I don't know what the word profit means
Quick, donate to Bernie, he still has a chance friend!

>170 million dollar production budget
>At least 50% more on top of that for marketing (because it aint cheap, and Sony Pictures are retarded)
>AT LEAST 250 million in with production + marketing, if not more.
>1.4 billion people said "No thanks"
>Literally no traction overseas
>The sliding scale of domestic release payouts at domestic theatres begins at 80% in most cases.
>Comparable to Fury Road @ 150 mil for production, which did just short of 400 worldwide, and is considered a box office failure.
>The week after its release Ice Age and Star Trek come out.

It's industry standard and it's true for all first world countries (admittedly I'm not 100% on international)

This fucking meme, theatres make up their revenue from concessions and make a pittance from ticket sales

You seem underage, if not you're definitely still living with your mom

God youre a fucking faggot.

>being this mad over not understanding economics 101
I am feeling the bern.

>Hey guys marketing the movie doesn't cost anything

My feminist friend has watched this movie 6 times and offered to buy tickets to everyone she knows. I told her I didnt have time which is obviously bullshit I just dont want to watch it. Should I? I dont think I can keep dodging this.

It's coming out with no real competition since Independence Day, Central Intelligence and Dory have been out for a while now.

It will make the number 1 spot but Star Trek and Bourne will bury it in the coming weeks, GB won't even be top 10 grossing of the Summer.

Mexican cuisine never ceases to amaze me.

Tell your friend that every time she spends money on the Ghostbusters movie, she is taking that money away from real feminist causes like Feminist Frequency and abortion clinics

This piece of crap cost $400 million? For what? Melissa McCarthy's food and toilet paper? Everything in the trailer looks cheap, from the costumes to the sets to the cgi. Somebody is getting fleeced.

Take your own advice, goober. What we're talking about is business, not a social science

Why don't you try learning about cinema before trying to play with the big boys next time.

>Manbabbies are still at it
>"word of mouth" for an unreleased movie
>chinks mattering in 2016 (see Deadpool)
>implying you have access to pre-order stats

HAHAHAHA

It doesn't, it's just an uncitated claim and numbers pulled out of OP's angry ass

>$00.01 has been deposited into your account

>establish he knows nothing about business and economics
>I am talking business!

I am literally kekking out loud reading your autistic posts, please don't stop

Of course you are. You're not a local to this board

Damn, someone my age

Who cares about the feminist issue? I'm more pissed off Hollywood seems incapable of making original ideas anymore, everything is a sequel, reboot, remake, or some liberal Oscarbait.

>baby men detected

I hope you stream your inevitable suicide

You're joking right? The angry bird movie's budget was $73 million. They then spent $400 million in advertising it That's over 5 times the budget itself and you saw ads for it wall to wall. Now the same thing is happening with ghostbusters since they want to make it a franchise.

Of course the budget is that big.

>y-you know nothing it's established!!

okay, where? All I see is a mouth-breather frothing at its mouth. You aren't ever going to get anywhere just pulling numbers out of your ass and saying everybody is wrong. It's why I take it that you're probably and underage baby or immature twat living with your mom still. Learn some humility

>Paul Feig was hopeful it would get a Chinese release.

it amazes me there are so many newfags who dont know basic shit about box office

> mouth-breather frothing at its mouth
Maximum projection, achieved.

Are really that dumb, or are you just a woman? Honestly can't tell. But that would at least give you an excuse for being so economically illiterate.

They're from reddit and SJW sites, of course they don't know how this shit works.

Why not give your source for this super economically proven fact? I worked at a movie theater company for 4 years and they definitely do not take 50% profit faggot.

Its hilarious
same with RT score. Its been like this for years and people still refuse to learn

>chinks

How socially just of you!

I find it hard to believe that people still think $1 at the box office means 1$ for the studios. There are a lot of moving parts there that people don't know about.

Before I left to get a real job, I worked as a manager overseeing about 40 theatres along the east coast. The theatre chain negotiates the contracts for % of payouts when it comes to domestic releases on a studio basis, but there is wiggle room. It can be as high as 90%, but Ive also seen it as low as 50%. Not surprisingly, Sony Pictures was the lowest in the 4ish years I was there. I never saw them take more then 70%, while Disney took 90% no matter what.

I'm not longer there, but my theory with GB's and Sony is they are hoping for a franchise, new cartoons, video games, merch, etc. to come out of this, and launch a bunch of sequels. I don't see that being a reality though.

Dont reply to me ever again

Then you would know that every movie is different pending on the studio. 50% is the average over the run of a typical movie. Higher percentages come from blockbusters. You would also know that the House Nut cuts into it even more in most cases, had you ever worked at one.

If you even worked a day of your life in business you would also understand the gross and profit are not synonyms.

But you haven't, and you're making up shit on the internet due to your insecurity.

kek

This is going to shit the bed hard.

There's a reason people that have already seen it are not allowed to review it on movie sites.

>people that have already seen the movie are not allowed to talk about it.

It's that fucking bad.

I didn't even know 'review embargoes' were a thing before this little remake. That doesn't exactly scream success now does it.

I hope this shit crashes Sony.

I heard on a movie podcast light night that Sony was literally always retarded. They used to give hundreds of millions of dollars to the stupidest ideas. Every movie that was pitched, no matter how terrible, got a huge budget. And then Amy Pascal came along and somehow made even WORSE decisions.

Feig needs to be euthanized.

>no china release
that's like almost 40% of its total gross down the tubes

Why does reddit hate Feig so much when he created their favorite pleb show Freaks and Geeks?

We're speaking in averages for Sony studios. You are literally retarded if you think 50% of ticket sales goes to the theater simply for showing the picture in their location.
>hurr I took Econ 101 online I'm gonna act like a business genius on Sup Forums

>costs
>kept under the books
I want children to go to bed.

Your ass isn't a credible source

Can you just imagine the shitstorm of tears if it was 4 men stepping on a bitch?

Like I said.

Women & Niggers don't want EQUALITY.

Women & Niggers want REVENGE.

Chinese government thinks having "afterlife" themes in movies that they themselves don't curate will foster more creative thinking and make Chinese citizens think outside of their shitty ass garbage lives.

Not joking.

>We're speaking in averages for Sony studios.
Literally the first time you specified that. The female brain works in mysterious and irrational ways, eh?

Over the course of the typical run the 50% of the gross is the average though. Sorry, not sorry.

>mfw pokenmon go will make more profit and it's free

>Women & Niggers don't want EQUALITY.
>Women & Niggers want REVENGE.

holy shit, did you just figure this out?