ITT: underrated movies

ITT: underrated movies

No box office recycled garbage

This

>hey guys, let's train miners to be astronauts. That'll be WAY cheaper than training astronauts to drill

Blue Ruin
Sinister
the 90's remake of Sahara

Waterworld

It's meant to be a stupid yet fun movie. Funny thing is that Ben Affleck mentioned how dumb the concept is to Bay but he was just told to fuck off instead.

Blue ruin is great

Movies that have long periods without dialog I seem to enjoy when done well

Enemy at the Gates

Fucking Swiss Army Man

That movie is amazing.

Forbidden Planet (1956)

Seriously..., check it out if you like SciFi.
- Way ahead of it's time.
- Great cast.
- Shakespeare's 'The Tempest' in outer space
- First ever use of an all electronic/synth music score.
- MGM produced buy special fx by Disney.

I Like Killing Flies

Blown Away. IRA bomber going crazy in Boston. Fuck yeah.

Push, I really liked that one.

Dredd, never got the respect it deserved

seen it.
pretty good even though it's dated.
heavy "freudian" subtext.
worth watching if ur a fan of the genre.

you mean the scifi version of the raid?

Main character is a russian played by a Brit complete with accent, I'm glad its underrated.

Pile of trash movie.

Yeah I remember that.
All that stuff about "The ID" monster plus the implied Father/Daughter incest.

Dredd was announced before The Raid and the Dredd script was leaked before The Raid even started filming

You couldn't be more wrong

Did I say one came before the other? Are they not basically the same movie? Isn't Dredd more or less a sci fi version of the raid?

The Raid was more enjoyable to me because I like a good martial arts flick.

Anyway back to the thread:

Ip Man, I only ever hear film critics and not us unwashed masses talk about so I guess that may count.

Shit film. Stalingrad 1993 is better

Waterworld was great too. Fight me faggots.

This

I'll watch anything with Robbie the Robot

Kubo and the Two Strings

Fuck you all for not seeing it.

First person horror film from the perspective of a serial killer.
Great soundtrack too.

I know, right??
Robbie went on to have quite a prolific career himself in both film and tv.
Pretty funny.

This.

The original is good too

I agree.

Yep. I like it.

>armageddon
>underrated movies
are you retarded

>Waterworld
true

I made an edit of waterworld and the postman mashed together into one epic, minis a lot of filler and incongruous clutter. Was cool, didn't share it, lost HD, punched meself in the nuts.

The raid, you mean the kung fu version of Dredd.

>falling for obvious bait

Co-sign Waterworld tho

>Space 76

David Cross as the robot physchologist was hilarious.

Actually the whole thing was pretty funny.

Titanic, Saving Private Ryan, Starwars.

agreed. underrated sci fi comedy

Holy shyet, how did you stitch the 2 stories together tho?

bye bye little mauz!

No shit. Why did Waterworld get such shitty reviews.

I loved it.

Battle field earth. It gives you an orgasm if you watch it. Its like the shittiest movie ever. So damn good. But again im a scat fettish so yeah i lioe shitty movies

UNDERAGE &B

this. Push is a good mix of sci-fi, action, and comedy with a good soundtrack. No one even talks about it anymore.

Dredd's storytelling elements were really good and I think the film was underrated because people assumed you needed to consume the source material to appreciate it.

Yeah..., those are real 'sleepers' user.
Practically unknown.

This fucking movie right here. Best found footage flick I've ever seen.

I removed it. It was basically just Costner wandering, first on a sailboat, then finding land, then on horse, then oh yeh, forgot to mention, in the wilderness with a bit of Never Cry Wolf stitched in.

In the movie they tried that, and the astronauts fucked up. Or, rather, the NASA engineers couldn't build the damn drilling machines with the proper torque, or with proper governors, and the drills kept breaking.

Misplaced expectations, considering it was the most expensive film ever made when it was release.

The White Buffalo
Mystical Western taking place mainly in a cave.

Found footage is a dumb gimmick if it's not actually found footage.

Church of Scientology produced it.
WTF were John Travolta & Forest Whitaker thinking??
POS movie..., but..., many keks were had.

"A Boy and His Dog." Look it up. Don Johnson when he was young. Serious cult movie that just didn't make it to the level of Rocky Horror, or Eraserhead.

Bump for Water World.

Loved that movie, then one day I find out the world considers it a failure and critics shat on it

Also gonna say Ex Machina.

Mby my favorite movie of the last 10 years

>Ex Machina
This.
Was definitely underrated.

AM1200

A film from the seventies about sharks called Jaws. It has a ridiculous plot about a killer shark and bad effects, but somehow it is still entertaining.
Check it out if you can find a copy.

Full title was, "Battlefield Earth: A Saga of the Year 3000" The Scientologists actually teach that will happen. Part of their predictions of "future history."

one of my favorites of all time

That was the AI chick one, right?

Pretty good, from what I remember. It's been a while and it's hazy on the details.

I was just about to mention it. Honestly, I don't think any other found footage movie works on the level this did.

It's a gimmick that has been overused by shitty horror movies to the point that most of them use the same shitty elements. The gimmick itself can be great when done right but if half assed, the film becomes a 2/5 easy.

Also, there are so actual found footage stories that are actually good to watch.

>It's been a while and it's hazy on the details
lmao.
it's been like a year.
smoke less weed, user.
lmao.

The details on the end....

I also don't remember what I ate for breakfast then..

And don't do drugs, Mkay...

mynigga.jpg

If it's said on Tumblr, it's so.

I agree, but this one is great.

Phantom menace

kek

Only good bit was where he crushes the beer glass in the dude's hand and goes apeshit.

The plot itself was a drugged up 70s mess.

Prometheus
It was entertaining.

the hidden massage here is that the brits actually started ww2

Ya I didnt get the hate on that one, it was fine, sure there were some dumb moments, but as long as you treat it as a popcorn flick and not a thinking man's movie, it was fine.

Robocop streaming now on arnabstream doot com

ikr !

Gonna have to go with Stardust.

It's not underrated. Heard it 4 times already, it's underrated for plebs and that's why it's awesome.

nah it's just shit.

go to tumblr if you want to look like a bonafide connoisseur of old-ass movies. can't fucking wrap my head around those idiots, the tecnology at that time sucked so much ass that the movies nowadays are shit, it's way better reading a book ffs than watch an old black and white movie in a basemend wearing a fedora and thinking that's classy. If you aren't 60 years old, you don't have a fucking excuse to be seeing this shit.

This guy is either super edgy and dumb or master baiter and dumb

You can't just denounce the value of old art based on the pretense of the image quality getting better unless youre a one dimensional moron

Pi and Clerks didn't rely on any fancy tech, just good writing.

Deep Dark

I tried watching Pi and just couldnt get into it. "Liked" all the other Daren Erinofisantfuckingspellhisname movies though. Mind you I will watch each one once, then never again because I dont need to feel that low.

>implying I care about art
>implying it's just not another way of tipping fedoras
sooner or later what you call art can lost it's meaning because of the shit-tier ways it was made.

>pic related it's some shit someone wrote 40 thousand years ago and no one understand's it

why didn't they wrote a fucking book then? the colors would be the fucking same.

>dumb
>one dimensional moron

I'm pretty sure you nailed it.
Dumber than dirt.

>why didn't they wrote a fucking book then? the colors would be the fucking same
Because it's tough to read a book in 90 minutes.
>also lol

so movies are for lazy ass motherfuckers who don't know how to read a book? I partially concur.

Idk if you realized but you have now proven yourself to be the dumbest person in this thread

He's not the dumbest if I'm still in the thread.

Here's a thought:
After you've finished your homework from Middle School, why don't you start a YouTube Channel where you review movies.
You could be like, the 12 year old Leonard Maltin.
I'm sure you'll get lots of views and attention.

>trippin
Movies are for folks that want to ingest an entire story and still have time to fuck their wives before the end of the night.

>browsing on Sup Forums
>calling peoples dumb and presenting no arguments

u mad motherfucker? your mom's basement is always open for you to kys.

to review a movie I have to watch it first, but since I've have a job and not a shitty empty life I'll not waste my time to look at shit-tier movies some dull spasmic motherfucker told me to watch.

not for you then, you only have ponnies and a jar of cum waiting for you.

Motherfucking Chappie

topkek

Was it actually good? Remember nearly watching it then talking myself out of it.

I don't think you even know what an argument is. It has premises with a conclusion that logically follows. Needs to be valid and have sound reasoning.

Nothing you posted fits any of tht criteria. You didn't go beyond "hehe fuckin idiot fags those movies suk"

BITCH I AM THE PONNI