Sup Forums, i fucked up and i need help

Sup Forums, i fucked up and i need help

i need to find 10 fossils for a university homework assignment. apparently you can find them in tiles commonly used in flooring or in bathrooms, but anyone has any photos of fossils that they found it could really save my ass.

i dug around in my backyard for hours but i didnt find shit. this is a bogus assignment, i dont even know what the fuck im looking for, here. please help me i need this class.

so, Sup Forums, u got any fossils?

I don't think I've even found 10 fossils in my 29 years of being alive.
What kind assignment is this?!

its not an assignment. op is just weirdo

Call out professor for bullshit assignment.

bring in some KFC chicken bones covered in dirt, double win.

I've got some dank fossils, but too lazy to get photos

What class/course is this for, OP? Also if all you need is ten *photos* why don't you just get some off google, flip the images so they won't have any matches in a reverse image search, and turn those in?

its literally the first lab for a paleontology course. he expects us to go out and find 10 fossils by like, i dont know, looking in the dirt, and in rivers, and he mentions finding fossils in limestone used in flooring and stuff?

op confirming weirdo, but it is an assignment

i plan on it but right now i kinda need to do the homework

honestly closest to what i may end up doing

Easy. Pull up pictures of fossils on google.
Print pictures.

You're welcome.

i guess i can get photos of fossils from anywhere, but he is expecting us to have found these.. i could have gone to a local museum and taken 100s of photos but thats not the assignment. =(

You can find graptolites in slate. If you're lucky.
And occasionally, trilobites.

If you know what you are looking for, you can find fossils easily. All you need is a place with sedimentary rock formations and a magnifying glass. Most people think of fossils as bones or large crustaceans, but the majority of like on this planet is very small. With a microscope you can find your 10 fossils in one piece of stone.

Where do you live there is fossils everywhere where I am I fucking dig them up all the time?

Here's an idea:

If you're unsure about your assignment, ask your professor to clarify.

Wasn't that easy?

Fuck I'm stoned. I meant the majority of life.

dude seriously? just go look in the gravel in front of your house. limestone

Go to Amazon and order one of those $15 fossil collections and get one day delivery. He didn't specify where to find them.

Well I'm you are looking in the wrong place i'm afraid.

Your back yard will very unlikely house any fossils as the ground is already 'dug-up' beforehand to allow any builders to install pipes and wires.
Sorry to say that the chances of you finding any large rocks that could house a fossil are very slim.

However, what you could try is to visit an area known for fossils. There are many areas along multiple coastlines, regardless of where in the world you live, that are popular for aspiring paleontologists.

Fossils are quite common along coast lines and are usually found near cliff sides. Just be careful as there are dangers.

Also be sure to have a talk with your professor about the task if you feel it to be too hard. I'm sure he or dhe may understand.
Best of luck.

John: I really, really, really like this image.

Do this but mybe use eBay as well to buy them but make sure they are Fossils of species that could be found near by.

You could always head to the Creation Museum or email Answers in Genesis for some helpful advice.

Seriously though. Fossilized plankton is fucking everywhere. If you have or can borrow a microscope, google pictures of fossilized plankton so you know what you are looking for, then start looking at pieces of stones.

If this was the case he'd have your bring them in. The only fossils you're going to find are small ones. If you stumble upon a dinosaur or mammal fossil then fuck your professor. That shit belongs in a museum. Or your house. Bitches love fossils.

Me again

OP, if you live near a beach/river, that's your best bet. Fossilized shark teeth/fish bones are fairly common, I've found several just by walking around areas like those.

I went digging with my dad when I was 8 and we found this. I've kept it on my table ever since I moved out, still no idea what animal it's from. You can see the marrow's still there.

Find 10 fossils? the fuck?

>shitty bait or prof is retarded

Do you live close to a river, especially a sandstone wall? Sandstone is infamous for being easy to carve and having a ton of fossils. I bet if you went down to the river and picked up rocks for a couple hours you would have a pile of them.

>its literally the first lab for a paleontology course. he expects us to go out and find 10 fossils by like, i dont know, looking in the dirt, and in rivers, and he mentions finding fossils in limestone used in flooring and stuff?

Nigga you can't be fucking serious.

I'm the guy who posted this. Op, my dad and I found this fossil in a creek close to my house. Go get a sifter and just visit a creek. you'll find your 10 fossils in seconds.

florida. so we dont really have sedimentary rock. everything is sand.

florida.

no cliffs. 1 or 2 hours from either coast.

this is an online course, he cant make us bring them in. we have to photograph them with a scale next to them, its very easy to tell if we found it organically or just ripped an image from the internet.

proof incoming

Grandpa gave this to me some years ago, no idea if its even real tho

show the proofs, there is no way in fuck this shit is legit.

>so, Sup Forums, u got any fossils?
You make us cry.
This is Sup Forums.

Look up your teacher on Facebook. Grab a picture of their wife and mother and turn those in for your fossil pics.

here you go

to be fair it is the SECOND lab not the first, but #1 was like "buy the book and read the syllabus" it was bullshit... #2 is this....

Ay, Florida has shittons of creeks with fossils in them. You're set af bro, just start looking in the right place. If you're lucky, you might find some ancient tools like I did once. This is a super primitive relative to the hammer used by native Americans. You lay your index finger across the groove and it's a good tool for breaking nutshells open.

looks pretty legit thats cool man

Just look somewhere where there's a lot of rocks. I had a geology class a few years ago and we went behind a hotel and a gas station where there was huge pile of plain grey rocks and we found tons of fossils. Small, but still fossils. There's also a state park near my house and you can see fossil prints in any of the large rocks there. They're everywhere if you know what to look for. Try googling "fossil locations in (your area)" and you might get some ideas on where to go.

yea but i live in central florida, id have to drive quite a ways to get to "nature" and i work during the day, how am i supposed to go wading around a river in the middle of the night? this assignment is bullshit

Ok OP, first of all you're a huge faggot. Second, have four fossilized seashells thingies found in a field. user delivers

> Due January 19th

LoL you're fux0red.

yea totally am

Have you considered just photoshopping a ruler into some random fossil pics?

Just go to a pawn shop or something dude. They got all kindsa shit.

nigga wtf

hah yea i did consider that but if i got caught the repercussions would be far worse than just missing the assignment

its only worth 100 pts out of some 3900 total
so i think im just going to not do it, ill still make an A easily
=/

fucking asshole

>Malls, shopping areas and store frequently use polished stone in floor tiles planters and walls. fossils can usually be found in some of these stones/tiles

there is no fucking way this is real

It's simple:

Look up some fossil images taken in Florida

Flip the photos

Photoshop into them a blue blotch or smudge, in the same spot, for every image. This way you can attribute it to a defect in your camera or something.

Photlshop in a ruler (or something) for scale as required.

OP you are a massive faggot

But so am i so im gonna help you

I took the picture in southeast mexico (some would say central-east).

The fossils are at least 100 millions years old
The deserts of mexico and certain zones of the US used to be huge oceans millions of years ago.

The fossils belong to molluscs

Yes i am a taco shitskin but at least i am not an iliterate nigger

lol thanks user best response ever
ive decided to tell this assignment to go fuck itself, as it is way too much work for way too few points, but your post made me laugh. 10/10

it's real faggot

that's not a fossil

Or you could just finish it late and take a reduced mark. Or talk to your prof about your difficulties and see where that leads you.

You don't converse with any of your classmates at all?

+1 internets to you sir
youre alright for a beaner

Geologist here, thats a rock

no, theyre fucking troglodytes

class seems cool, but asking us to go find fossils before even telling us what different invertebrate fossils look like is fucking retarded, and WAY TOO MUCH WORK for a single lab assignment

so fuck that

This is Sup Forums fucktards somebody take a pic with a fossil and their dick in the pic
Seriously op do you need pics are not, got a couple of fossils if you really need pics, but I'm not getting up to take pictures if your not gonna use them

Want more puto?

Hey maybe you should quit fucking around on the Internet and do your damn homework instead.

I just finished my homework about cells

Can i be here?

Done already..

first, someone already took a fossil dick pic and i thanked him and lauded him as a hero

and thank you for volunteering, but no, i decided to tell this assignment to fuck off

when i started the thread i was in panic mode because i hadnt found any and was hoping Sup Forums could help me, which apparently you all came through, im surprised

but theres just not enough time and they want so many and there has to be a scale in the photo (sorry shell-user your dick doesnt count)

hah im just going to work on next weeks assignment wherein we actually learn things

sure? lol

Yo instead of giving up if I were you I would go to a bunch of local tourist stores and try to buy fossils

dick rock

I found this fossilized vertebra of a Plesiosaur while hiking. The science museum said it's 65 million years old. I initially thought it was a petrified tree stump. A model of a Plesiosaur is the blue toy.

NICE

Here's bones from an ET hand that was found in Peru recently.

That is an Ammonite, they are quite common in certain types of marble.
OP if you see this, go to a stone company and ask to look at marble and limestone slabs, take pics.
I have 9 pieces of marble with fossils but will not share BC this is /b.
Make it worth my time, tick tock