How does a director sink this low?

How does a director sink this low?

Seriously The Village was not good but had it's moments.

This is just nonsense garbage with shitty made up names and terrible acting all around.

Did he just want to jerk himself off?

the made up names is the worst part honestly

>Did he just want to jerk himself off?

Yes.

I still liked it

what did you like about it?

It was literally made as a fairytale movie for his family. A vanity project if there ever was one.

God like score from Newton Howard though.

NARF
A
R
F

so shitty. The racist character voices. The guy who only worked out one side of his body (SO KOOKY)

I remember seeing this piece of shit in the theater.

We used to have a local theatre where you could watch 'the sneak preview'. movie at half the price every friday without knowing which one. I think I even walked out

>you will never be so assblasted by movie critics that you make an asshole critic strawman in your movie and kill him off

Unbreakable is one of the best super hero movies ever.
Signs is so fucking good on so many levels like holy fuck it even has Mel in it jesus is that movie based as fuck.
Everything else he made is either meh or out right bad.

I gotta say, just because of Signs and Unbreakable, I will always give M. Night's movies a chance.

Kinda how I feel. If I see he's making a movie I at least give it a try but he's been shit for a long time now I'm ready to give up

BDH is always :3, no matter the movie. Giamatti sold the passive-aggressive rage of his character really well (probably because he didn't realize how cringe the movie was until it was too late and got trapped.)

It's something I've only ever watched once since it came out, but both times were shockingly comfy and I have no fucking idea why.

Just personal preference really, but I think for what it is, it fits togther well and is cozy, it's objectively a bad movie.

Unbreakable is quite literally the worst movie I have ever seen. "Nothing happens", the movie.

>but he's been shit for a long time now I'm ready to give up
He did Wayward Pines, which is pretty good.

He's doing the Tales from the Crypt remake, which will probably be pretty good since it's just episodic scary stories. That should be something he can direct, only need to hope he has some good writers with him. Dunno if he can write all that on his own. The Village was a good attempt at scary stuff, great spooky atmosphere and unlike others I actually like the concept that the monsters beyond the woods were just people in cloaks and masks, much more terrifying than actual pigmen who come to spook people for no reason other than to be spooky pigmen

what an utter waste of lucky trips
kill ur self muh man

This was the last movie of his I even found remotely tolerable. It's bad, but The Last Airbender, The Happening and The Visit are on entirely different levels of shit.

>The Village was not good
Eat shit. The Village is amazing except for the shitty twist ending.

How does it feel to be mentally deficient?

Oh yeah he kind of had a trifecta of shit after this movie. alright I'll give it a 4/10 then because after is very 2/10

You are absolutely correct. M night shimyshamala is a shit director, only uwe bol surpasses him.

>The Village is amazing except for the shitty twist ending.
Eat shit, the ending literally makes the movie.
It's perfect for what he was trying to do.
>enclosed society
>live in ye olden times
>lady needs to leave to save the man she loves
>lady is blind btw
>must deal with monsters who live in forest, everyone in her society is terrified of them
>turns out the monsters are just the elders of the society trying to keep people in line through terror
>when she leaves the forest it's not ye olden times, it's modern day
>the elders where trying to play pretend and keeping everyone locked in via terrorism
>she will never know the truth dew to being blind
>just like the rest of the villagers
It's a powerful movie that has a meaningful message people of our society should really heed.
In a 100 years, The Village will be viewed in the same manner as 1984, Animal Farm, and Brave New World are.

Tbhfam, I think his main problem was all the /hype/ and respect he got so early in his career. He was legit hailed as the next Spielberg by everyone, and so suffered crippling Spielberg syndrome before he could mature to the point where he had the judgement to know what is
unappealing autistic shit and what isn't.

I enjoyed the Visit. It's not a great movie or anything, but definitely an enjoyable watch. Would recommend it as a pop corn flick to watch with friends.

>Signs is so fucking good on so many levels like holy fuck it even has Mel in it jesus is that movie based as fuck.

Signs never gets enough love. It's expertly written/paced and filled with wonderful shots. Performances are all top notch, Mel is fantastic, the tension is well handled. The religious undertones are cleverly integrated and relatively subtle. Even the humor is perfectly integrated.

It's just so sad to see how far M. Night has fallen.

You think this was bad, watch The Visit. Holy shit. I walked out of the theater about forty five minutes in.

nah

I still haven't seen The Visit but I'm really curious honestly

the village was really great 2bh pham

Right. I don't know if it was like this for everyone but in America the village was advertised as some sort of fucking horror movie which i feel led a lot of people into theaters with the wrong idea which caused the movie to suffer somewhat.

It is a horror movie.
Maybe not a monster movie where there's blood and gore or anything, it's a subtle atmospherical horror movie.
You know, the kind that almost always bombs in America because people don't want subtle atmospherical horror they want dumb movie monsters and slasher manics.

This is One of the worst movies i've ever seen

I know it was a slug to get through

>He's doing the Tales from the Crypt remake, which will probably be pretty good since it's just episodic scary stories.

Wait he's doing a new Tales from the crypt tv series?

yeah, i enjoyed The Village. it wasn't great, by any means, but it had a couple of pretty cool moments. i couldn't get into this one at all nor anything he has done after. man, he really did fall hard. The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were a great one-two combo. Signs was good, too, but with a rather silly ending.

>small number of people complain about Unbreakable
>small number complain about Signs
>more people complain about the Village
>really like all of those
>enjoyed Lady in the Water
>a lot of people complain about it

Only watched Lady once, enjoyed it. Should I rewatch because I've missed something, or is it just meme hate.

Because it always sounds like meme hate.

If anyone is thinking about washing the visit, don't do it.

I like this movie. It's pretty fucking retarded in almost every way but I find it comfy. BDH is great as always and still manages to be pretty cute despite that soulless gaze she maintains in many of her scenes. I was 14 when this came out and I remember being legitimately creeped out by her in the commercials. Quirky as fuck acting from everyone (to be expected in s Shyamalan film) but I think it's weird and dumb in an endearing way.

IT'S REGGIE! HE'S THE GUARDIAN!!

kek