WACKY MACKY !!!

So we all agree his new album will his absolute best, right?

2 is the patrician album

How can we agree on that? And I don't think I'll ever love any of his albums more than I love Salad Days. Every single track brings back memories for me, so I'll always have that subjective bias.

>I don't think I'll ever love any of his albums more than I love Salad Days

Why? It's only his second album and he hasn't put out a full LP since.

>R&R Night Club
>2
>Salad Days
>Another One
>All his demo tapes

Even if he had just 2 albums, it would be fine and reasonable to have a favorite.

R&R Night Club and Another One are considered "Mini Albums" (they're basically just EPs)

Either way it just seems like a silly idea to already be so certain that Salad Days will forever be his best release when he's only released a few songs since then.

salad days is his 2nd worst tho

Another one is much better than Salad Days lol

>So we all agree his new album will his absolute best, right?

Depends. Is he going to continue developing his sound and move forward? Or is he just going to keep doing the same style of soft Rock as before?

From the singles it sounds like he's going for a folksy, acoustic vibe. Which will probably work to an extent, but usually that's a lazy way of "experimenting" or moving your sound forward.

I hope he blends acoustic and synth on some songs at least.

>salad days 1.5 is better than 2 2.0

Ok

>R&R Night Club
Comfy, weird, pretty unique
>2
Similar but with most of the weirdness sucked out. More appealing to plebs
>Salad Days
2 Again! Featuring occasional synths!
>Another One
2 Once More! Featuring some more synths!
>latest singles
Acoustic 2!!!

Yep... They're uh, all Mac buddy, good job...?

Ying Yang is still the best thing he's put out

Salada days is far too drenched in reverb and effects, probably to hide some of the subpar songwriting. Another One makes songwriting the priority and in the end comes out the more timeless album because of it.

t. chillian

>Detuned cigarettes

No, they're all 2

>hiding songwriting with reverb
>non-musicians actually believe this is possible

Tell me, what do you think you would hear without the reverb? Would the chord progressions and song structures suddenly be any more or less shit?

Uh, yes... Reverb and other effects are style elements which to your unfortunate surprise do alter the quality of music. It's why bands will toil of different guitar tones, muse over various drum timbres, why shoegaze even exists.

P.S. been playing guitar for 10 years now.

If the line between you thinking a song is alright and a song is shit is the amount of reverb on it then you probably have a lousy ear for music. Reverb alters the sound and aesthetic of the music. It doesn't mask the songwriting. It can make a song more enjoyable. But not to the level where a shit song can suddenly be enjoyable.

You're wrestling with extremes man. There are plenty of genres where sonics exist to cement the differences between genres rather than songwriting. The Jesus And Mary Chain would not be remembered if not for their actual SOUND, their songwriting was pretty by the books and basic.

By the way, I never said Salad Days was shit lol. You just got defensive.

I agree in the case of Jesus and Mary Chain that the Reverb and overall sound has a significant impact on the music. But in Mac DeMarco's case the reverb does nothing to mask what he's playing.

>By the way, I never said Salad Days was shit lol. You just got defensive.

That was a hypothetical example. Read it again.