Im mute, AMA. as in, I am physically unable to speak

Im mute, AMA. as in, I am physically unable to speak.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wQlUyAWwe4w
oddcast.com/technologies/sing/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

do you find it hard to hold conversations with people lel

Why are you mute, user?

You def as well?

You don't say?

its easy to "speak" to those who know ASL or LSE (spanish sign language.) its a little slow to pass notes to normal people though.

Was this your moms OBGYN?

a mixture of having "broken" vocal chords and a short tongue. even if i could speak, i would have a horrible speech impediment from my short tongue.

not deaf, just a mutant :(

sucks to be you

Dr. Nignog

What happens when someone asks you a question? What do you do?

>s
why dont you just talk nigga like just make sounds lmao

>sucks to be you
not really. I'm happy and i have a beautiful girlfriend

i make a a hand motion showing that im mute, then I answer the question with writing or on my phone.
(yes i know i can't make phone calls be quiet)

i am physically unable to. My vocal chords are almost as fucked up as your dick.

any blind anons posting?

Are you legally blind? ive seen some people use the magnifier tool to make letters giant.

do you like the sound of you own voice?

Well, when I try to speak this creepy noise comes out. So I guess lmao

can't see my dick

ever used the creepy noise to scare people

lol only when people ask me to speak. The reactions are always priceless.

not really a question but i've been wanting to be mute for about two years now. so, i'm jealous i guess.

can you vocaroo your throat noises

why the fuck would you want to be mute? i would kill to be able to talk and sing.

Can't, don't have a microphone :D

this, a million times this, user
>do it for your Sup Forumsros

Do you consider this a problem OP? Most people aren't worth talking to anyways.

you nigger of coure you do REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I consider it a problem. For a long time finding a job was very tough, until I started teaching sign language, and doing some entrepreneur stuff. Also I cant have a real conversation with people. Some people just aren't interested in me because i can't speak, but that was mostly in high school.

what's ur inner dilogue like? ur not deaf so you hear others, do you think in speech or do you think another way like ASL...

i can't fully explain it. i like reading and writing a lot and often fuck up my words, offend/confuse a lot of people i don't mean to offend. then two years ago i thought about it and it appealed to me.

never invested in one. i had one on my old laptop but thats broken now.

how do you have a laptop or cell phone without a microphone?
>you double nigger nao

I don't hear a voice and I do at the same time? That's the best way I could put it. I "hear" the words but there is no voice.

i don't have a laptop. I have a PC now.

what about phone

i guess I could use that.

nevermind, I can't. Java script isnt supported :(

On your phone you mute faggot.

ugh I just have some crazy idea in my head like the hamburgler like he says 'robble robble' not words....this is the kind of stuff Sup Forums lives for, user. Please don't disappoint us again.

I would have thought you'd be a retard or something but you sound like an above average intelligence normal guy
>so do you french kiss?!?

lol i can still french kiss, i have a short tongue but its not a stub.

Are you able to think to yourself what speaking sounds like? In your dreams, are you able to speak?

i' think that guys like you make me want to stay alive and try to be happy.

>short tongue
>beautiful girlfriend

How disappointed is she when you go down on her?

What's you internal monologue voice sound like in your head? My real voice dosent sound anything like my brain voice.

This is interesting. Answer pls.

What are your options? Can you sign in other countries? There are a lot of text to speech phone apps. You need to develop a strategy.

I'd just like a cute sounding, or really deep voice. I haven't dreamed with a voice yet, although that is one of my lifelong dreams. sounds dumb, I know, but I just feel like I'll know myself better if i did...

That is very interesting op, I took a Linguistic anthropology class, there are alot of theories about how language affects brain development. Have you spoken in dreams?

It touches me that I could help you. Just keep your head high, it makes your problems seem smaller :)

I can sign and write in English and Spanish, although I am beginning Korean as of last month.

How did you fuck up your vocal cords? Was daddy too rough with you when you were a baby?

Bah I'm not caught up with the thread, you answered these.

OK how about learning to read? Was it extra hard becuse you couldn't read out loud?

Op here, just going off on a bittersweet tangent. Singing is one of my biggest dreams. I have so many things to say, but no voice, and not only that, some things that are too complex to put into plain words and poetry. I feel like music brings a "4th dimension" to feelings and words that nothing else can express. being able to sing like this is my biggest fantasy youtube.com/watch?v=wQlUyAWwe4w

I've always been average, if not above average with reading and spelling. I guess its like how blind people have acute hearing.

What do you do if you have to call 911?

I'd be okay, I think. Police can track your location, right?

Do you play any instruments? If not you should pick up one, once you're proficient it's literally like having another voice to express yourself with.

Sounds like a plan. If you learn multiple languages, it will transcend your lack of speech. (BTW I hope you get some Korean ass).

Do you believe in free speech? For everyone?

I played the Baritone Sax 6-12, and I play the piano, but putting ti into words would be my dream.

What is it like when you think?

I already do! I'm learning Korean because my girlfriend wants me too. Plus the 1/4 korean part of me wants to.

Can you post a pic of your tounge? You said mutant, not accident, so a formal doctor name would work, I'm really curious what a short tounge looks like.

Should I even notice if I was looking at your face?

I believe that feelings should not be censored, but I also feel like using your voice to hurt and put other people down is complete nonsense. As someone who cannot speak, I cannot fathom why someone would use the gift of speech for something as demented as driving others to suicide.

its not really noticeable. Its not that its freakish, its just I would have a speech impediment, even if my vocal chords were normal

I'm sure you know this shitty meme, but the singing robot program could give you something to play with. /wsg/ loves that shit

oddcast.com/technologies/sing/

I love it.

damn..

If you're mute how can you read this?

Sorry about that user.

you got me, user

Dude, what's the problem? You're learning skills, into music and you have a girl...
I'm guessing vocal surgery is what your exploring but in the meantime, give your girl a good one tonight.

Do your farts make a sound?

>its a little slow to pass notes to normal people though.
Any thoughts on/experience with text-to-speech?

Vocal surgery wouldnt fix what i have, and i don't want one of those cancer-boxes in my throat, which i doubt would work. Is vocal surgery even a thing?

Good for you OP!
How was getting through school for you? I know kids are unapologetic little shits and could only imagine how annoying they were.

Can you whistle OP?

Probably too awkward. just writing or typing on my phone is good enough

every year got better than the last. I had no friends in elementary school except for this one girl that lived next to me, she was my first girlfriend, too. Middle school was bad, except 8th grade was okay. I was always bullied until people started hitting puberty. High school was really good, especially senior year. One of my best memories is when one kid tried to bully me for being mute, then a senior came by slammed him. High school is when i first started making friends and finding myself.

> Is vocal surgery even a thing?
I don't know but there has to be some research somewhere. The truth is out there.