lmgtfy.com/?q=ian curtis thatcher
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

favorite? Grimes

Stop.

Johnny Cash

Johnny Ramone

He's solid too

David Bowie

Curtis was an idiot and New Order are better than Joy Division though.

Lol, new wave is music for girls and homosexuals. Get it together

Posting the obvious and GOAT.

he said musicians, not politicians

... ... ...

Joy Division's synth sound isn't that different from more commercial new wave. Their subject material might be different but structurally they're like the same thing, just listen to Atmosphere or Love Will Tear Us Apart.

The difference being the guitar/bass/lyrics/ everything else

obligatory

>guitar/bass

They're quite literally the same in New Order, their Substance compilation has many holdovers of the JD sound but more upbeat. JD is still very catchy, accessible pop, it just runs on depression instead of quirky love songs.

You're trying to draw some kind of hard distinction between post-punk and new wave when in reality there isn't, really.

>Ian Curtis right wing
>David Bowie right wing
Holy shit, you guys are stupid

It's a meme you dimwit.

Johnny Rebel

Curtis voted for Thatcher and was very xenophobic according to his ex wife

he's one of ours :)

Literally none of these are right-wing.

I had a male staffordshire terrier for years and one day he started fucking everything and getting dog jizz everywhere, even on the cat and my roommates so I took him to be neutered. It made him stop humping things but he became much less charismatic and changed his running style to what I can only describe as 'prancing.' He was still the same dog but when I looked into his eyes there was definitely something missing, all his edge was gone. The difference in my best friend between pre- and post-neutering is exactly how I think of post-punk and new wave.

Every white english guy was xenophobic back then with all of the arabs and jamaicans. Costello, Bowie, Curtis, Clapton, all said some Sup Forums tier stuff at some point. Most of it was funny.

Not an argument.

lmao. yet accurate.

Ok so he isn't right wing but he harbored right wing sentiment, voted right wing and forced his wife to as well. Got it

Alright, here's some arguments.
>Ian Curtis voted for Thatcher as a protest vote
>literally nothing indicates Johnny Cash as right-wing
>David Bowie was on "astronomical" amounts of cocaine as the Thin White Duke and later profusely apologized for all the shit he said
>Wagner being anti-Semitic does not mean he's right-wing
>Varg has said that communism is preferable to capitalism

Billy Corgan

He voted for Thatcher as a protest vote against the anti-worker Labour Party, dummy. It's like calling Roseanne Barr today a right-winger because she supported Trump in protest.

Post-punk and new wave are literally the same thing, though.

that's not what i was saying. i'm not the guy you were talking to before. just saying that everyone was xenophobic. and hopefully people will look up the funny statements like clapton's.

Lol at leftieshits crying because a small amount of musicians don't agree with them.

t. Centrist

>right wing
>musician

Michael Graves of the Misfits

Would (you) all fuck off back to Sup Forums

>t. centrist
You are the worst kind of cancer. Also, we're not crying, we're pointing out that none of the musicians posted ITT are actually right-wing, you dumbass. Don't know why I expected any intelligence from somebody who calls themselves a centrist, though.

Source? I own his wife's book where she says flat out he was an adamant tory supporter who strongly opposed immigration. Not to mention he constant flirting with fascist symbolism

I'm pretty sure the right-wingedness referred to ITT boils down to the usage of fascist imagery, which Curtis and Bowie were definitely interested in. They weren't as overtly 'muh allegory' as Roger Waters with it so normies tag them with the right wing label while Pink Floyd gets away with it even though it's literally the same thing. Music of the era was undeniably influenced by Hitler Youth and the punk movement coming out of Italy used fascist imagery with a straight face.

It's like how Nazi uniforms are gorgeous, but people get upset when you point it out.

Depeche Mode

Artists have shit-tier political beliefs, which is why only like 1% of artists are right-wing.

most prominent right wingers enter business/law as opposed to the baby brain arts

>visits Sup Forums once

John Maus

There's plenty of scientific reason for artists being libshits and conservatives being useful people but I just can't be bothered to list it all. I wouldn't mind if they'd keep their fucking mouth shut about their stupid fucking beliefs (Hallelujah Money for example)

>Not to mention he constant flirting with fascist symbolism
Litteraly the name and the cover of their first ep was all a bernard sumner idea, I just recall They walked in line as a song with nazi reference.
Also I read the fucking book and I don't recall a place were she said such thing. Also trusting that woman is not really and argument

>art
>not useful
Why are you even on this board?

I think Ted Nuggent and Kid Rock is all there is

If all music went away nothing would change
If all businessmen went away the world would end

t. corporate dick-sucking liberal

If you read the book like you said you did then you'd know what I was talking about. Source me where it was only a protest vote and I'll concede

>If all music went away nothing would change
>being this wrong

Your brain is fucked

What would change

Dead Kennedys, Gang of Four, Minor Threat, etc.

How is my brain fucked? You're a corporate dick-sucking liberal.

Everything.
>eradicating a huge part of culture wouldn't change the world

Plus, a world without music would be AIDs.

t. Hitler-loving hippie nigger

That makes literally no sense.

Adolph and the Dada-cores were pretty good, But, let's face it, Grimes has them all beat by a mile.

Also, the jews are scum and should be ignored in all forums. Pass it on!

>Dead Kennedys
are you fucking serious?

>Everything.
Now that's epic bro.

>taking any of the bait in this bait thread

Robert Fripp

Yeah, but so is music.
Seriously, imagine a world without music ever having existed. So many movements would have never started or even come close to getting a foothold or a mainstream audience.
Who knows what the world would look like now without it.

So is being a corporate dick-sucking liberal, it would appear.

[citation needed]

If your lyrical content isn't political I shouldn't know what your fucking political beliefs are. Too many artists dabble in politics on the side. This false authority can be harmful when your fanbase idolizes you and will eat up anything you say. I love bands like MBV because they just make music.

It's entertaining and all but the world would be fine without it. I mean technically our world couldn't exist without it since sound exists, but if I had no access to music, I would still do my job and work on art and go hiking with friends and etc

Again, he voted for Thatcher (the Conservative party of the U.K.) and was strongly opposed to immigration. I don't know how you can deny his politics when he literally voted for a right wing party

[citation needed]

Peter Gabriel

>would be fine without it
I disagree.
I think a lot of movements and ideas that were spread by music have been essential in our growth as a species.
Sure, you could still do a lot of your regular bullshit but you're also one step closer to living in a 1984-esque world. There's a reason books, music and art are always the first to go in totalitarian societies.

lmgtfy.com/?q=ian curtis thatcher

LITERALLY from the second link down
>[Ian] helped Margaret Thatcher into power by voting Conservative in 1979, reportedly as a protest against the Labour government of James Callaghan.

>reportedly

Yes, reportedly.

>tory supporter who strongly opposed immigration
Tories were anti-immigration at some point?

Yes, reportedly

maybe not, but he personally was

Who gives a rat's ass about what the Guardian thinks, they literally describe themselves as biased towards liberalism (i.e. the ideology that is followed by Margaret Thatcher).
You're just splitting hairs.

>If you're a musician I think you should be band from talking about politics.
Tired of people giving this hot take every time a media figure has a view they disagree with.
Most people talk about politics to some degree, obviously musicians are included here. Who can talk about politics then? Talk show hosts and political commentators don't necessarily have any special training in political matters. Do you believe people require masters degree in political science at minimum to speak about politics in public?

and you're completely moving the goal posts

>nazi uniforms are gorgeous

not really. even the simplest and most minimal designs were boy scout-esque with all the straps and unnecessarily loud badges. only good thing they had going for them were the muted color schemes, which at the time wasn't anything unique at all. and the hats were garbage in general with no sense of direction or even intent in design (shit look like a burger pressed on one side with the all the meat falling out the other side).

A rush and a push and the land that we stand on is ours