clyp.it/t0vzzdwy
clyp.it/1uf2rdrb
mediafire.com/?5bnc19zfulaqbe9
youtu.be/evqnvQhf79o?t=94
youtu.be/PVpZxXevoFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Brian Patrick Carroll

Kill you'reself asshole.

Will my acoustic play as smoothly as my electric if I put electric strings on it? I really can't get the same bends out of the acoustic as the electric, but I don't want to waste a set of strings and not enjoy the sound
Link somewhat related, my jason becker wannabe crap

clyp.it/t0vzzdwy

>Will my acoustic play as smoothly as my electric if I put electric strings on it?
>/gg/

Retard. Not even being toxic here, you're just retarded

I've actually done this. It'll be way easier to bend, etc with electric gauge strings but it won't sound nearly as good as an acoustic with bronze strings. (At least as an acoustic guitar. Come to think of it, I haven't done it as a plugged-in acoustic...)

>Experimenting discouraged
>/gg

>retard
>/gg

>trips
this. /gg/ is full of 19yo retards. leave if you have any common sense and actual goals and aspirations

these quad ones will confirm it forever

>off by 1

>lulz.

he likes to laugh too

Nice script fagboy. Scott Hiram plays with electric strings on an acoustic sometimes, and he sounds great.

Biram*

I'm sorry that reply didn't come with any digits so I'm going to have to ignore it

Neet. But after the fact dubs ain't no quads. Cool gif, though.

How can I get rid of some of the attack on my picking? When I try to play tremolo stuff with heavy delay/reverb (like Godspeed always do) the CHKCHKCHKCHKCHK sound of the picking drowns out the actual notes.

I hate pick noise too. Use a softer material pick, and/or a thinner pick, or hit the string with the pick at a bit of an angle. Flat picking is a bit chicky or clicky. Full-on cross-picking is more scrapey. But if you hit it at an angle the pick will hit and glide over...so hard to describe.

I use Pickboy Edge Carbon Nylon picks, 0.60 gauge as a standard. They seem to be really "clean" of pick noise when playing as I described above. They wear really fast, though.

Parametric EQ

these half devil trips are the best I can do now

THAT TEARS IT

my latest acquisition

before you say anything - that is a MIM strat neck, noiseless p90 in the bridge, and kluson locking tuners. i have literally no idea what the body is made of, its really, really heavy.

it sounds ok, but an MIM strat neck on ebay is 150 alone. i talked the guitar shop guy down to 200. did i fuck up?

Go back to Sup Forums.

People pay 200 for Corts and Arias and shit, so no you didn't fuck up at all. How's it sound?

seems roman has a les paul

Never understood simplistic guitars. What's the advantage to having less features as opposed to more pickups and tone knobs?

So i won this metal pick
Anyone heres experience with metal pick
Will it break my strings
Does it sound the same as a coin

like you would expect a guitar with one single coil in the bridge to sound

i went through a period of time where i loved one pickup guitars and grew out of it, but as i said i got an MIM maple neck, pickup, and tuners i can piece out once i get sick of this toy. i thought it was a fun find though.

I have used two cheap metal picks. One was shit the other was okay. The shit one wasn't very well polished. Both were thicker than that one. I didn't break strings any more often using them.

>callls him a retard
>can't answer the question

depends on what kind of acoustic, I would not reccommend that for a classical guitar
obviously different string gauges are going to get different sounds though

Play humble pie songs on it

double cut tete master race

>double cut tele
>master race
>strat
Choose one.

>tele
nigger I said tete

Oh shit, I'm sorry.

.5mm

It's going to feel and sound like shit

My bad bro. I stand down...

its stiffer than my .88 tortex

that's what she said

ah
but nobady say thin picks are bad

>but nobady say thin pricks are bad
will dicklets ever learn

I've done this with an acoustic i found years ago in someone's trash can walking to school. The bridge came off, i glued it back on. And
>I don't want to waste a set of strings
either so I just put the usef strings from my electric guitars on it when i changed them. Dunno about a guitar I'd really cared about but was ok for my acoustic garbagecaster.

>What's the advantage to having less features as opposed to more pickups and tone knobs?
- Price
- Ease of use
- Low maintenance
- Less malfunction opportunity
- More time to spend playing instead of fiddling with numerous knobs, switches, wiring options and pickup heights.

I have one a non-guitar playing buddy stole from the music shop when we were there once, which then i stole from him. It would've been expensive. . Sounds fine but i hardly ever use it.

what would be a ghetto fix for this broken intonation screw

i just want it all the way to the tailpiece side so i suppose just stick something on the blue mark to prevent it from coming back? what can put there?

What's exactly broken? looks like the blue mark is obscuring it.

Take the bridge completely off and drop a dab of superglue right in front of the saddle and one behind it on the intonation screw and let it dry completely. If you need to get it of later the super glue will harden into a "plastic" like substance you can just break off the metal surface so it's not something that's permanent.

Honestly though, just go to Stewart MacDonald and order an new screw/saddle for $5.

I have an old strat that has HSH, and the pickups are pretty shit. What are some neat ass pickups I could put in it to make it sound better. It plays pretty well and I have other guitars so I'm not worried I just wanna experiment.

anyone know where I can get an unrouted jazz bass body that isn't jewmoth?

broke a string today and saw i had some flatwound chrome 11s so decided fuck it and just put those on, maybe that's stupid idk. didn't play too much after but while i was tuning back i did record this because i thought i got a pretty neat tone: clyp.it/1uf2rdrb

>no matter how much you want it to be alright it'll never be alright

my 1968 Ibanez 1910 bought for $100
it was originally a full hollow but someone removed the floating bridge, and tailpiece with trem bar, cut a hole in the back and added a wooden block and installed a cheap bridge and tailpiece. the neck also has play and shifts randomly so it doesn't keep tune worth shit.

how it's supposed to look

but what can you expect for a $100 guitar I guess

people do stupid things with guitars, there ought to be a law.

This photo reminds me of how nauseating this board actually is

for you

>having your pinky so far away from the fretboard

this anime girl has bad techinque desu

That's what pisses me off desu

you guys want to get pissed off? someone needs to have a talk with nip moot

>>>/mtv/
>>>/outsoc/
>>>/vint/
>>>/spa/
>>>/cock/

calm down dear

>you can't link these new boards
good job nip moot
>>>/mtv/
>>>/outsoc/
>>>/vint/
>>>/spa/
>>>/mlpol/
>>>/mo/
>>>/fap/
>>>/fitlit/
>>>/can/
>>>/cock/

I bought a classic player jazzmaster and I love it, but I was wondering what would be good to upgrade on it?

What's the bridge like?

My friend has a '62 reissue Jag and the bridge was absolute trash before he got a Mastery.

whats the consensus on plain american made fender strats?

Wow this general has gone down the shitter since the last time I was here. Maybe this board would be better with some new reading material.

This is a great fingerstyle book that's approachable but will also kick your ass if it's unfamiliar territory.
mediafire.com/?5bnc19zfulaqbe9

I have one too, pickups are the only weak part imo. Using an aluminum pickguard makes them a bit brighter/clearer for some reason though.

>Be me
>Be into SOAD and other nu-metal stuff.
>Start playing guitar
>Just discovered Rush
>They have pretty much announced they will never widescale tour again.
>tfw never see Lifeson play guitar in a live setting

Feels terrible. I really like his style.

I have a very similar Crest guitar, unmodified, but missing several pieces. I think I'm going to use it as an acoustic guitar. Hopefully the center post will hold up, it doesn't have any additional bracing.

Chapman's finally updated their site. The new models are pretty nice desu. I wonder how the QC and stock pickups will be.

Saw them in 2007, shit was cash.

>t. rob chapman

Is it true Neil Peart is a colossal cock head in person?

Not at all. He came off very well.

Haha. Not at all friend. Now if you don't mind I have to go film a video where I alternate between bending the 12th fret and sloppily shredding, then play the same 4 riffs.

Will using my pinky finger be advantageous when learning fingerstyle? Most people seem to only use it when they have to.

Using your pinky finger during exercises will help you use it more confidently when you need to. That doesn't mean you should force yourself to use your pinky when you are performing a song. It's important to separate exercises and regular playing.

that circle on the screw
without that barrier the screw+saddle walks towards the nut

great idea i'll try it soon

i began using the pinky for playing everything and i dont regret it

im like bassists now
using mostly the fingers 1, 2 and 4 or 1, 3 and 4

i mean, i think if user can get gud with the pinky theres no reason to not use it more often than when he needs a stretch or something

>DAWs

do limiters affect the sound's volume kinda like a compressor?
i used to think it just "limited" the sound from going past a defined peak, but when i used it it made the sound louder, like it normalized to 0.0db after limiting. even the simplest limiter plugin of reaper does that

a limiter is just a hard compressor.
Much faster attack and higher compression ratio.

interesting
hows its use different from a regular compressor set that way?

what about the limiters that have attack/release settings? theyre just regular compressors named limiters?

You can visibly see that somebody filled in that pickup cavity. It also has a strat neck with black hardware. The whole thing is blatantly some guys custom wet dream.

Either way, 7/10

i mean play The Whole World's Goin' Crazee

He's great, just wish he'd a legit studio album or something with thanatopsis or another group instead of more pikes

how to do this bass move at 1:34 youtu.be/evqnvQhf79o?t=94
its a sequence of pulling with the index and slapping with the thumb but theres a fast percussive inbetween

Hes muting with with the fretting hand while slapping or popping with the picking hand

How do i get the percussive attack of nuno?

youtu.be/PVpZxXevoFw

Do you can play that piece

how to figure these chords out
besides power chords over the roots and obvious dissonandes like 7ths

>do you can play that piece
Wut

do you can play that piece of music

Yes....i can play it but not with the accents he does

I have a jaguar SS and I want another electric guitar

I like jaguars for chord playing but its not great for lead.

Would a strat/tele be OK for lead or should I get a humbucker guitar because I already have single coils

why you dont try

...thanks bud

teles are great for leads the bridge pup is beefey and cuts through