It's that time again faggots

It's that time again faggots.
I'll even help you out by giving you the answer, you double your chance to win by switching.

Cue relentless 50% retards getting frustrated

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Pick one and stick with it only because you'll look like a massive faggot if you switch from the prize.

Yeah, I wanna switch. This is high school math, what are you, 16?

But you do have twice the chance of winning if you switch.

I'd take a 33% chance of looking like a faggot if it means a 66% chance to win a car

You took your pick at 33.33333r%, your chance is still 33.33333r% regardless, you gain no advantage by switching.

No autistic cartoon poster.
Obviously I understand the problem since I gave the correct answer in the OP.

The thread is about being amused by the 50% people that refuse to believe it even after every possible attempt at explaining it to them is attempted.

Learn bayesian stats and try again

>The thread is about being amused by the 50% people that refuse to believe it even after every possible attempt at explaining it to them is attempted.
sounds boring. well, whatever floats your penis. have fun.

>no advantage
>66% chance you did not choose the car
>66% the car is behind a door you did not choose
>now you know one of those doors isn't the car.
>66% chance you DIDN'T choose the car
>66% chance switching is the car

So this whole thread was just your shitty attempt at trolling retards?

>we have entered a permanent state of summer

>as I return to my precious trap threads
>that's what floats MY penis

It's not trolling.
I gave the answer.

You are a retard and I suggest you stay and see why it's entertaining.
Even though you'll argue it's 50%

I'll just stroke my neck beard and take a le sip of code red from the hip flask "to play is to live to win is die" then light a smoke bomb and dissappear with a swish of my duster. Checkm8.

Ok.
100% chance of looking like a faggot.

2 choices=50%
It doesn't matter

ITT: a faggot who stumbled across the Monty Hall problem and a bunch of retards who don't understand probability.

>stumbled across
Not seen this thread before faggot?
>newfag trying to exert superiority
I'm not the faggot... everyone else is

it's a famous and well discussed problem.

However, you are wrong to state that you double your chance of winning. You are lifting your chance from 1/3 with your first random pick to 1/2 after changing.

Search the web, it's well explained there.

But that's wrong user.
And I'd like.you to provide a source that says it's 50%.

You chose from three.
The results will always be out of three.
There cannot be a 1/2 result

Few hours too early.
This thread never works well until Americans are awake

had a jolly kek at that.
you win the faggot award for this thread mate

If you pick the right door first, you should not switch. There is a 1/3 chance of doing this.
If you pick the wrong door first, you should switch. There is a 2/3 chance of doing this.
Therefore there is a 2/3 chance that switching will win, and a 1/3 chance that staying will win.

EZ

you're right. I googled it. Chances are indeed doubled.

not sure if troll......

he gave you the choice of 50/50 option after opening door 3

It is a famous problem and you're right. Chances are indeed doubled.

Which was after choosing from 1/3.
The car doesn't magically move to another door.

The door you.choose first can only ever have a 1/3 chance for obvious reasons.

That means 2/3 it's behind a door you.didnt choose.
Opening a door you didnt choose just means it's 2/3 for the one door you.didnt choose since your.first choice.is still 1/3

What if you get a brain injury after they reveal the door, and for some reason the revealed door gets covered or something, and because of the brain injury you forget that there's supposed to be three doors, and then someone just asks you to pick a door and you pick one at random, is there still a 2/3 chance that switching from your original choice (which you don't remember) will have the prize? Or is it now a 50% chance?

Because youre all idiots, lets blow this problem up a little bit. Lets say there are 100 doors. 99 goats. 1 car. You pick 1 door out of the 100. Announcer removes 98 doors guaranteed to have a goat behind it. That means announcer just removed 98 goats from the odds of being picked, but you picked your door while your odds were 99 goats to 1 car. Overwhelming odds are against your door being correct in the beginning, but now you know that the only doors left are your door that originally had a 99% chance of being a goat, and another door which now has a significantly increased chance of being a car. Do you pick your 99:1 odds, or do you stop being a reatard and change doors?

Yes. Because your first choice is still 1/3.
From your now retarded perspective it's 50/50, But it's not in reality because the first choice still happened and nothing has been changed since then.

still 2/3

what nobody ever fucking explains in this thread is that the host will always open a door with a goat because he knows damn well where the car is and he's not opening that shit. So you pick your 1/3 door, with 2/3 chance the car is elsewhere. The host removes the extra goat door, leaving just one goat and car remaining. That's why you switch.

the goats eat you

The thing you say is never explained is clearly stated in the OP image

Two easiest ways to explain why it's 2/3 if you switch

1: How many times does switching win vs how many times does staying win?

Say the car is behind 2. You pick 1, you switch you win. You pick 3 you switch you win. The only time staying wins is if you picked 2 to start with

2: There are 100 doors. You pick one, 98 goat doors are opened. Do you stay or switch?

Americans are waking up soon.
>INB4
But I want a goat
I'm a Muslim
Other door is goats ass
There's another but I can't remember it right now

It's still 50% if the opening of the door isn't a given.

I think. I know it's 2/3.

The opening is given.
Look at the image... it has words in it
You could read them

It isn't. I mean that it's not transparent from before you pick the first door that one will be opened. I've thought for about 8 more seconds, though, and I was wrong. It's always better to switch.

So I think that I understand what you're saying, but there isn't a truely random chance here? I mean, the car is behind one of the doors,and it remains there regardless of the door that the person opens, right? Pls explain, I was put in speshil math.

nice, you're right

brb deleting my account

After the reveal the Bayesian priors are updated, the probabilities are resampled and both remaining doors have a 50% chance.
For retards: Choosing not to switch is still doing a new choice at 50%, whatever door you pick.

It is.
You didn't read the words

Trolltarded?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a Monty Hall thread.
And I've seen a lot of threads

Yes the car stays where it was.
So first door chosen has 1/3 chance of being the car.

That means 2/3 you did not choose the car.

If there becomes only one does left you didn't choose it must have a 2/3 chance since the door you first chose still has a 1/3 chance.

OP is retatd
Is 1/2 choice if door be removed.
What a dumb

chance is 50% if you switch, not 66%
if you stay, your initial 33% chance stays

But is 66% chance if you switch.
If you agree your first choice remains 33%, surely.you.understand it's 66% you first choice isn't the car?

The only choice left is your first choice (admitted 33%), and what you didn't choose ( which has to be the remaining odds after your.first choice ((admitted 33%))
100-33...=66...

That's wrong

No it isn't.
See the autistic cartoon faggit above you

Yes it is

THE ONLY THING LEFT, IS THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT YOU PICKED. 2 OUT OF 3 TIMES, YOU PICKED A GOAT. ITS NOT THAT FUCKING HARD.

Caps doesnt make it any truer

Tell it to this fag

When people won the goat, did they actually get to keep it and take it home?

> 3 doors, 1 car
The odds you picked the car to start with are 33%.
If the announcer cannot remove your chosen door, and cannot remove the car, by logic that means the two that are left are the door you picked (which has a 33% chance of being a goat), and a car, which now has a 67% chance of being a car.
So, if you switch your door, you now have a 67% chance of chosing the car, and a 33% chance of picking a goat.
The only way to lose this game is if you picked the car when there were 3 doors.

If you expand it, you can see the difference;
> 10,000 doors, 1 car
If there are 10,000 doors, 9,999 have a goat and 1 has a car.
You choose one, which is a 1 in 10,000 chance of being the car (0.01% chance of getting car)
9,998 are removed that are definitely goat.
The announcer cannot remove your door, and cannot remove the door with a car.
So, the odds you picked the car to start with are 0.01%, and are still 0.01% even with all the other doors gone.
This means that the other door has a 100% - 0.01% chance of being a car - 99.99%
So switching gives you a 99.99% chance that you have switched to the door with a car.
The only way to lose this game is if you picked the car when there were 10,000 doors.

Don't discount your prior knowledge of the problem.

50% you tard

Let's say I have a full pack of cards and say if you pick the right one you win a car, otherwise you win a goat. Then when you pick a card I say I'll take out 50 goat cards leaving just one goat and one car and offer you the chance to switch.

Assuming you'd rather have a car than a goat would you switch?

Doesn't matter its now 50%.
It's like lotto.
You either win or you don't so it's 50/50

No, because your choice can affect my choosing the goat cards

No it can't.
That's like saying your lotto can affect my lotto.
It can't.
I can still only win or lose so it's 50%

Did you really not get the lottto 50/50 part?
You're fighting your allies

50/50 everytime all the time

Oh, this thread again. You idiots dont realize that when you pick a door..YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT A DOOR WITH A GOAT BEHIND IT WILL BE REVEALED, thus its essentially cancelled out, becuse you know 100% that it wil have a goat, you have a 50/50 chance from the beginning.

What a retard.
Everything you said was sounding correct right up until that ending.

>he thinks the car can change doors

HER ARE SOME CAPS TELLING YOU THAT YOU'RE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I figured the exclamations would fit in with the caps angriness

You need to get more sMart faggit

Monte Halparin should shove his 95-year-old boot up half of your asses.

He can start by halpering himself to my dick.

alright, you got me. I kek'd

Is the double chance worth the embarrassment and regret of switching off the good prize? Everyone you know will never let you forget it

Was too good to resist

What the fucking shit. Do YOU currently have a brain injury. What are you trying to say?

If you switch your odds increase to 2/3

It's double the chance of no embarrassment though.

Is take a 33% chance of being embarrassed for a 66% chance if winning a car.

Nobody's going to give a fuck either way.

>my friends laughed at me because I didn't win a car
If your friends would do this you need new friends

>3 and 100 are the same number
Fuckin kek

I said what is brain I hired from I hired and the brain gets inhuuurred and brain j him and brain injjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnjjnnnnjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjnnnnnnnnnhhhnnnjjjjjjjjjjjjj

The principle is still the same you fuckin' idiot.

It's the same concept you retard.
1/3 choice, all but one you didn't choose revealed.

1/100 choice, all but one you didn't choose revealed.

daaaaaaaammmmmmnnnn

But wheres the numbers and math shit saying that he opens that door? How does mathmatics indicate the announcer opens said door. Is it math or a concious decision on how to run the game show. Is the gameshows rules and prizes based on mathmatics or just what stupid people want as a show and prizes.

The question assumes the world works based purely on math and logic. But tump is president, people deep fry candy bars. Asians eat mans best friend, and veggiemite is a thing despite the existence of tastebuds. The world doesnt go by logic and reason.

1/3 = 33.3 repeting
1/100 = 1.00
> same concept
Kek even the ratio doesnt add up.

>1/100 = 1.00
>1/100 = 1.00
>1/100 = 1.00
>1/100 = 1.00
>1/100 = 1.00

Numbers and math?
Can't you read?
Pic related to explain your stupidity

Focus on what you didn't choose.

Take your time and really think about it before you post again

It bothers me that people need more than this.

Prepare to be bothered
Americans are waking up.

Americans are smart you cocky fuck.
We will dominate this thread saying it's 50/50 because we aren't fucking dumb like you europoors

I'm conflicted on how to respond to this

> Most retarded post so far

You can't fuck a car...

How does he know the goats posision though

He works for the gameshow.
He can look before you even get there...

Or you could realize how is irrelevant, only that he does know matters.
You can see that here....

There are gifs of people fucking both, so does it really matter which you win?

Post gifs or gtfo
Also accept webm or gtfo

>both
Goats and cars?

Claims inferior gifs
Won't post them.

So they don't exist and you're just a lying faggit then?
What a surprise.

50%

We 're smrt you faggit
Fire me in real life and see what hOpen

It's obviously 50/50 after a door is removed