So when people jump off bridges into water (for suicide)...

So when people jump off bridges into water (for suicide), do they just swim around for a while until they get so tired that they drown?

That is the DUMBEST way to kill yourself, ever.

Like just jump off a building, retards lol.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9bM2r3qTeCk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Show them hows it's done, go kill yourself faggot.

u can't be serious

1/10 for making me respond. I'm truly hoping this is bait, and if so it's poor.

I bet you could prove how dumb they are by jumping off a bridge and then swimming to the shore.

You can't actually be this stupid. Did you pass highschool physics?

The impact is tremendous. The body goes from roughly 75 to 80 mph to nearly zero in a nanosecond. The physics of inertia being what they are, internal organs tend to keep going. The force of impact causes them to tear loose. Autopsy reports typically indicate that the jumpers have lacerated aortas, livers, spleens and hearts. Ribs are often broken, and the impact shoves them into the heart or lungs. Jumpers have broken sternums, clavicles, pelvises and necks. Skull fractures are common.

Which means you die one of two ways, or a combination of both. One, you hit the water and the impact kills you. Sometimes the jumper is knocked unconscious. Other times, the jumper survives for a time. The person can be seen flailing about in the water, trying to stay afloat, only to succumb to the extensive internal bleeding. Death can take seconds or minutes. Two, you drown. You hit the water going fast, and your body plunges in deep. Conscious or otherwise, you breathe in saltwater and asphyxiate.

(It's copy pasta bait, kid)

killed by impact, shock, often mud and silt and shit, people just stick in it. No-one an heros into stage 1 rivers which is a shame as at least it'd look funny.

There is exactly one way that is the very best way to retaliate against a bait thread, and it is *the hardest* way to react to it, and that is to not reply to it. It is *hard* to not reply. But if you can manage it, it is devestating to a troll, who is after a reaction of any kind.

Exactly. I'm a professor in Mechanical Physics at MIT and I have no idea why people jump off of these tremendous structures. It doesn't do anything but make a larger displacement of water and you need to hold your breath for 20 seconds more to reach the surface again. Amateur swimmers.

Even if OP is bait, it is still a stupid way to suicide. It can kill you almost instantly, but doesn't always do so. If your legs break the surface tension, your lower self will be shattered, but you could remain conscious and drown. Nothing like feeling the impact, surviving it, then feeling yourself drown. Might as well just jump off a fucking building - guaranteeing you won't survive.

This.

If you hit the water with maximum surface area, it will mash you up. Water is very dense. if you hit with small surface area (like a diver pointing into the water) you will probably be okay unless you hit the bottom and knock yourself out and then die because you are unconscious in the water

oh so tremendous, tell that to the cliff divers I saw in Hawaii and Mexico (400' foot jumps). NO PROBLEM.

so these assholes jump off the fucking golden gate bridge, and just wait for exhaustion to take them. contrary to popular belief, there are RARELY dangerous sharks in those waters, and they virtually never attack humans.

>the gif doesn't ever move
IT STILL FUCKING GETS ME EVEN TO THIS DAY

again. not true.

cliff divers.

says the trump-voting retard.

swimming around for hours is a retarded way to kill yourself.

point of the thread: shoot yourself, or OD on Pentobarbitol.

don't jump into a lake or the pacific ocean -- ESPECIALLY IF YOU CAN FUCKING SWIM.

you ever seen one of them hit the water flat? No, they stay vertical to cut through the water with minimal area of resistance. If they ever tried to bellyflop they'd be dead. That's why it's a thrill, and also the reason that diving is an actual sport (or at least the olympics thinks so)

If you're going to go to so much trouble, why not just get a shotgun? Easy peasy

you're legitimizing a man diving from 500 feet, head-first and surviving unscathed.

and in the same sentence saying "but if you jump feet-first from the golden gate, you'll die on impact, durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"

is how I read that. am I wrong? certainly you see how fucking retarded you sound.

They are trained in proper water entry. Minimizes the impact zone to a point. Ifvthe were to belly flop then yes they'd be dead.

user, I've some interesting for you
youtube.com/watch?v=9bM2r3qTeCk
Dumb bitches jump from the bridge and got shocked and drowned

proper water entry.

and they thought I (the op) was the troll lol.

10/10 my friend.

are you involved in politics, by any chance?

I concur. Best way to go in my opinion. You won't feel shit as you are destroying the source of your consciousness instantly.

>"get shocked and drown"

that's not a surprise, if you get shocked bad enough in the water, you'll drown.