Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6x-i6Nkd1oU&list=PLV9d2JJ_EzM9iSzUJo4ezSoczmkjcVwzX
m.youtube.com/watch?v=0SRd3xhLnMU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=vT07sWRXiXE
youtu.be/eXy7Fq7gLJk
youtu.be/VkA50C4xPzc
youtu.be/h8k3ifqVByI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unironically one of my favorite bands. I adore Adrenaline, Around the Fur, White Pony (sans mini maggit), and Saturday Night Wrist.

One of the very few bands incapable of making a band album or bad music in general. I genuinely enjoy every bit of music they've made. I appreciate the fact that every album has a different style and feel. I never get a feeling I'm listening to the same band on repeat when I switch albums.

SNW is defenitely a favorite of mine. Diamond Eyes is my favorite. I'm not even sure why, it just is.

The band that showed me how strong of an emotional response music can evoke
Chino is one of the greatest rock vocalists of all time

You should absolutely check out Chinos side project Team Sleep if you haven't already. Both the 2004 release and the fully live 2015 version gave me all kinds of chills and emotion when I first heard it.

youtube.com/watch?v=6x-i6Nkd1oU&list=PLV9d2JJ_EzM9iSzUJo4ezSoczmkjcVwzX

I still can't believe how well they performed this album live.

only good nu metal band

like nu metal without the silly macho attitude or angst
i.e. without everything that made it endearing

white pony is incredible, the rest ranges from bad to decent

Like (linus)

Rip Chi

m.youtube.com/watch?v=0SRd3xhLnMU

Hmmmmm

Liked it when I was 16 or so.
Own 1 album.

Now when I turn it on I cringe because it's pretty emo desu

What about Team Sleep? It's basically kinda shoe gaze-y

One of the few metal bands that are actually good

m.youtube.com/watch?v=vT07sWRXiXE

Deftones are GOAT, their nu-metal era is kinda shit but everything post White Pony is top tier. Seeing them in Detroit in June, ultimate hype.

Team Sleep just gets old fast, their music starts to sound bland after a while like with Crosses.

I like Chino Moreno

they make edgy emo-ness sound really good

it would be literal perfection if there was ever a female vocalist who sang like chino

youtu.be/eXy7Fq7gLJk
youtu.be/VkA50C4xPzc

Listen to Koi No Yokan or Gore or Diamond Eyes. I agree that SNW and Self Titled are emo as hell but other than that I just consider it melancholic not necessarily cut your wrists sad. I just think it conveys strong emotion.

she sings pretty differently but it's still a really nice cover

Deftones are based, have never made a terrible album. each one is pretty great in its own way. SNW is my fav, though i've been replaying ATF and its climbing up. Carpenter's guitar + Chino's vocals are perfect complements to each other, distinctive sound

Annoyingly the best track on ATF is a hidden track.
youtu.be/h8k3ifqVByI

I agree this is why I love them they just give me the feels their self titled especially. Not a fan of their latest album

oh shit nigga, are you me? mx/damone is why ATF is getting to be my favorite

trufax, they express melancholy that feels honest, not overdramatic or fake. its why i loved S/T during a difficult romantic experience.

Top Deftones albums

Objectively correct:
1. Koi No Yokan
2. White Pony
3. Diamond Eyes
4. Saturday Night Wrist
5. Around The Fur
6. Self Titled
7. Gore
8. Adrenaline

Keep in mind not a single album is bad, this is just the correct order.

Subjective:
1. Saturday Night Wrist
2. Diamond Eyes
3. Self Titled
4. White Pony
5. Koi No Yokan
6. Around The Fur
7. Gore
8. Adrenaline

Protip: there's nothing OBJECTIVE when it comes to art, or human expression for the matter. So I will take your subjective list as the list to go.

adrenaline is better than gore, nobody is gonna think youre a pleb cause muh nu metal. fireal and fist are god tier songs

Good band that's underrated.

>adrenaline not at the top
You fool! Incorrect!

why do you think KNY is the best of their albums? I'm asking because it's my favorite but you put it really down in your subjective order.

cool band that kind of stole their sound from him but are different enough that they've earned my respect

also they came from the nu metal scene and made actual art which is worthy of respect

their sound bores me for extended periods tho so I only really ever got into white pony. I'm sure Hum would bore me too if they had more than 2 albums tbf. Case in point: I just remembered Hum DO have more than 2 albums, and the one that isn't great is boring af

In short: listen to Hum. but also feel free to keep listening to deftones, they're ok

They're getting old and repetitive.
Time for Chino to do something on his own. He loves Electronic music, maybe he should do something with Skrillex.

listened to Gore again since last year today. If it wasn't for TLOP I would say it was the biggest letdown of the year. I used to like it either way, though i didn't consider it to be really good. I think it sounds awful, why do the guitars sound like that? what do you guys think of it?
>Koi No Yokan
>diamond eyes/self titled
>Saturday night wrist
>Around the fur
>White Pony
>Gore
>Adrenaline

It's the most content packed and 'rich' if that makes sense. It has so much style to it and every song has a different feel.

Deftones started before Hum btw