youtube.com/watch?v=X6xnlhGiCPY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shotgun to the face

It's been great since that faggot killed himself

you literally posted the reason rock music started to become irrelevant

Jews.

Also, Micheal Jackson.

him

Nothing. It's just easier to look at the past for some people than it is to look at an embarrassing present.

i can name maybe 10 great rock albums since kurt cobain died ('94).

you're wrong.

implying that grunge was any good

teenagers finally worked out that rock and roll rebellion is a commercial commodity. record and clothing companies have been getting rich off that crap for over fifty years.

fifties rock and roll greasers?
sixties hippies?
seventies disco and punk?
eighties new wave?
nineties grunge?
oughties dubstep?
whateverthefuck it's called now?

all there to sell shit to angry teens.

what's it like being shorn like a purple sheep?

i'm not into any of that. all i know is that rock is totally dead now. i can't name one great rock album in the past 7 years.

The Next Day is pretty good if you count it as rock which I do.

I don't know fam, shits strange

Expabd your horizons then, cunt. Plenty of great shit out there you just have to find it. I'd recommend The Sword, Baroness and Kvelertak (note this stuff aint as broootal as most of the crap the mouth breathers on here listen to)

okay, here's another reason.

the music you like.. is the music you heard between the ages of 15 and 20. that's when you were trying to bond with your peers.

you can train your mind to like new music, but only if it's associated with bonding with a group of people, like starting a new job where you have to work closely with a team and you like your coworkers.

imagine if you joined the army, and you had a good time. you feel part of the tribe. it's a positive experience. and while you're doing it, you listen to, oh, let's say, Strapping Young Lad.

a lot of people will say "SYL is shit". but YOU.. having bonded with the group.. will associate SYL with that bonding process. you will like it. then you will love it. then you will track down Devin Townsend's other work and, slowly, you'll get to like that too.

that's how the primate brain works.

those are all mediocre metal bands.

fuck off until you can give me a good rock album in the past 10 years.

I remember Kurt, I remember how only whiny "would be goth kids" (if that was a thing back then) listened to him.

>you can train your mind to like new music, but only if it's associated with bonding with a group of people, like starting a new job where you have to work closely with a team and you like your coworkers.

Not exactly true man, Ive picked up a whole lot of music as an adult and alone in the choices.

i didn't give a fuck about music when i was 15. i listened to metal and techno but i had no clue what was good.

ten years later, i'm now listening to good bands. so your little hypothesis is wrong. good rock music is dead. prove me wrong.

The White Stripes
Foo Fighters
Queens Of The Stone Age
Gorillaz
Ovens

>Gorillaz
>rock
pick one

White boyz circlejerkig over muh hip-hop and sheeiiit, rather than learning an instrument, joining bands, writing interesting lyrics and engaging in proper alpha behavior including, but no limited to "sex, drugs and rock n' roll".

The wrong nirvana member died that day and then the foo fighters

Gorillaz is alt rock and alt hip hop

Devin Townsend is complete and utter shit and a Leaf to boot. Day of the Rake is what is required.

Pretty much only TOOL. If it weren't for those guys rock would be utterly extinct.

00s had emos and pop punk. At least that was much better than the indie rock crap we have now.

Courtney shot him and then there was nickelback

Rock died in the 90's. It has been dead for over 20 years. Today crap like Nickleback. Is regarded as rock. Trip hop is cool. But it's not rock and roll.

nah maybe you just don't know enough about music nowadays

>nothing is better than the music I like and grew up with
>my friends and I have decided that the music we like is objectively the best
>all other music that is new and/or I don't understand is bad
>art is only good if I like it

Everyone in this thread. Everyone's opinion on everything actually

Just because you faggots don't know how to look for your own music tastes anywhere but the mainstream, doesn't mean that music "sucks nowadays".

this.

Pop punk's not dead

give me one great rock album in the past 10 years or shut the fuck up.

Half the world listened.

anything by the vines

What you and I think is great obviously isn't the same thing you imbecile. Or you wouldn't have made this thread. Now fuck off and go look for your own music.

Honestly, I liked indie rock up until 2013. Since then, it has really gone down hill and it all sounds very generic. None of it sounds even remotely catchy and the singers' voices have begun to get really annoying. What I've been noticing is that singers now a days take an 80s song, play one or no instrument in the background and sing slowly, like they're trying to bring chills and make our hair stand up. They just end up sounding really retarded.

the industry realized it wasn't making much money with rock and decided to push for anything pop/modernR&B/hip-hop

its repetitive, catchy, easy to sell, and infinitely repeatable. it's not making you want to rebel. companies don't even need to hire talent, just a hot chick to act like a whore on stage

if you want great rock, or any good music for that matter, you have to research, look for it. local venues and internet services are incredible for that

Kurt Cobain was the last true rock star.

Daisy by Brand New

you spelled Josh Homme wrong, and your verb tense is incorrect

/thread
if you avoid TV and radio, great music is everywhere

And where is Tool now? Oh right, they got left in the dust because Maynard James Keenan is a self absorbed cunt who only cares about himself and his stupid fucking wine.

Bullsit I just got into shoegaze

Worst post on Sup Forums

>What the fuck happened rock music?
drugs

I see you have a nice list of trash going...

Jeez, really? Daisy is okay but it's still At The Bottom, for me.

Please write the correct sentence based exactly on your response.

anons pls
TOOL is amazing and unique, but there's more to rock/metal than those guys

>The White Stripes
>Queens Of The Stone Age
>trash
kys

your subjective opinion makes you think it got worse

It's a hell of a lot better than the modern shit we get. I'm really stoked about the new album but depressed that they're retiring.

Niggers

And you use this whinny fuck as a picture of rock?
Go kill yourself, fag.

Me too.
I'm really stoked I got to see them with Tfb and Mobo on this last tour though. They played the entirety of The Devil and God. They put on an amazing show.

This is rock fagit

He killed himself

if by rock you mean thrash metal, then yes

Punk died, that's what happened.

This

I don't categorize them

yeah, why was an abomination like Nirvana allowed to get popular?!?

this

Rock died in 1993, not 1994.
That's when GG Allin and Frank Zappa died.

sick trolling m8

rock and roll will never die guys, trust me. it'll just take time for some good bands to come out do a bunch of drugs and then die...or not.

Rock nowadays is mostly garage rock

that's what i thought. point proven.

The Libertines were the last true rock n' roll band

>GG Allin
Do you even have a job?

100% fact.

lemmy you fuckwit

sure, if you exclude all the stoner and psychedelic rock bands that emerge everyday

fucking kekd
To be fair, GG Allin rocked, but he defined nothing

Shut up and suck a cock you cock guzzling grief

It's coming back

I'll make sure of it

This is an 18+ board

youtube.com/watch?v=-0Ao4t_fe0I

Trivium is pretty solid. Their "Silence in the Snow" was a fairly 'rock' album, while their earlier stuff was definitely more metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=m562zAyxwPY

HEAD BANG WITH ME 2017

Bump

in a similar vibe, this band is way better
youtube.com/watch?v=X6xnlhGiCPY

>Point proven

>implying something to define in the first place

Thanks, user. I'll check 'em out.

you don't think the most iconic bands help define genres or sub-genres?

Better music shows up

Rock is still just as good as it was. You just haven't put in the effort to actually look for artists you like.

Omg lets go to Spencers gifts and get Beatles shirts and Led Zeppelin wallets omgggg.

Dude i like totally love another brick in the walllll. Pink floyd bro...

/thread

They're writing a new album you fucking faggot. So is SOAD.

Fuck off back to FB cunt.

Zappa is love, Zappa is life..

>2017
>SOAD

Of the Swedish bands, Arch Enemy and Opeth are the only ones that matter faggot.

It left for Northern Europe quite a while ago.
Oh wait, you are talking about rock, not metal.

Rock died a long time ago.

Amazing? Yes. Rock? No. This thread is about rock, they're a bit too heavy to classify.

Rock sux m9 all the cool kids listen to garage these days