Festival season

anyone going to any festivals in the near future? im going to pic related and maybe flying out for FYF

(((festivals)))

Literally cancerous to a healthy free music scene.

gee whiz that looks depressing.

Paying for studio sessions and paying off loans. Can't afford to go to fests. :(

>mediocrity the festvial

>((())) the festival

Ayee, I'm working that op
People on Sup Forums are autistic recluses who can't deal with that many people, they aren't gonna go to festivals

why would you go to this? There are fewer than 10 acts worth seeing:
Sigur Ros
CSH
Kevin Morby
Wolf Parade
Mitski
and maybe: Mac, Vundabar, and The Hotelier

Would love to go to No Response in Cincinnati but it's too much of a drive for me

Danny Brown, Flatbush Zombies, Run The Jewels, Wolf Parade, and maybe Weezer and Chance would all be pretty fun

I'd buy a weekend pass if it was less than $100

This. Festivals suck. Who even wants to see more than 2 bands in a day?

Fesivals are about consolidation and control.

>[band] is coming to festival
>not really into the other acts, no day passes, pay $179.99 for whole weekend
>arrive at festival, park 30 minutes away
>want some booze, have to buy a Bud Lite for $8
>[band] is not playing until evening, but I want to get close
>wait 3 hours watching other shitty performers so I can get close to the stage
>[band] comes on
>on an outdoor stage in some forest, so acoustics are shitty and I can barely hear
>lineup is on a tight schedule, [band] can only play a 40 minute set

thank god I live in a big city so I can see artists when they tour individually. Never pay for a festival to see an artist you could see in a private venue

desu i bought tix for 130 without knowing the lineup so it was def worth it
im seeing:
chance the rapper
bon iver
sigur ros
mac demarco
car seat headrest
vundabar
the xx
tegan and sara
danny brown
weezer
rtj
flatbush zombies
wolf parade
piebalf
mitski
converge
pup
and the hotelier

norman music festival in norman oklahoma is completely free to the public and is bringing decently big names like oddisee and thee oh sees this year. its always a good opportunity for local bands to strut their stuff. of montreal came one year before i lived in OK but i heard it was dope

Nordic festival as past of the Hull 2017 City of Culture year.

I'd like to see Susanne Sundfor, but not for £65 for 2 days or £90 for 4.

>Fesivals are about consolidation and control.
yep

They started pushing them hard after they collapsed actual indie rock.

Mainstream music festivals are about controling the medium and controlling who gets paid and how much.

Corrupt as all fuck.

i'm debating going, but don't know many of the bands announced. is it worth it? I'm going to the mini show they have in may with wolf eyes tho

this

Not a weekend festival but definitely want to check this out

Considering it's $50 for both days I'd say it's worth it. Looking at some of the live performances online and it seems like it'll be rad.

I'll be honest, I'm normally not impressed by BC lineups, even when I was living in Boston. That being said, that's a pretty sweet-ass lineup.

I'm in Chicago for the summer so P4k fest is a definite yes and lolla is definitely maybe. Also maybe Mamby on the Beach but only for Cut Copy.

Other than that, I'm not going outside of Chicago. I did Gov Ball for 2 years but their lineups have gradually gotten worse with each successive year.

>Who even wants to see more than 2 bands in a day?
This.

Also
>Mainstream music festivals are about controling the medium and controlling who gets paid and how much.

This.

Save your $ dopes

i like noise as much as the next mental defective, but most of those live performances reminded me of ill advised portlandia skits