Brick directed by Rian Johnson

>Brick directed by Rian Johnson
Does Sup Forums remember that movie?
it used to be my favorite indie movie of all time
>that noir feel
>that cool soundtrack
when did you guys think?

Saw it in the theatre, didn't think much of it.

Love this movie, of course it will get shit on by Sup Forums

JGL's only good movie

Too full of itself and pretentious (while not living up to its pretense) dialog. Monotonous acting by all involved. Good composition but that can't save a movie. A little embarrassing that so many teens look up to it

The dialogue/acting style was meant to be remincent of classic 40s noir

That's all the movie is. Classic noir set in a modern american highschool. And it does that pretty well I think

That film was fantastic.

Not bad for a meme flick.

Yeah guess what we fucking get it. It's a hommage, wow. It's a love letter oh yeah baby a love letter to noir films woo!

That's not a shortcut to making a good movie. Even if you have a poster of Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid in your room, you still have to make a compelling story and characters and nail an interesting dialog. The mystery was lukewarm and unengaging. The ending sucked.

I disagree on every point

Caught it on SBS late at night once, it's pretty good.

>that's all the film is
And it still has to be a good film after all, no leniency should be given because 'reminiscent'

And I'm saying that there wasn't. The characters were intriguing, the mystery was suspenseful, the twists where jarring, overall a great film. I wasn't trying to say it's allowed to be somehow worse just because it's a homage, I was just justifying the strange dialogue (which put me off at first, too.)

Needs to be seen several times or with subtitles - the 'slang' is atrocious and incomprehensible.

See

THE OLD TIMEY DIALOGUE WAS CRINGECITY DADDY-O

NEO NOIR RARELY WORKS, ESPECIALLY WHEN DONE RETARDEDLY

Saw it a couple of months ago and it was awesome. It felt kind of anime in a way, not a bad way.

If that's true why do I love brick but hate literally every other noir movie out there

You're a pleb that can't stand anything that's not in full color?

>JGL

into the trash it goes

>lets set a noir in a high school and have that high school's drama club play all but one character

it might've been okay, but the horrid acting killed it.

My favourite fuckin movie of all time senpai.

>setting
>characters
>cinematography
>score and soundtrack (Sister Ray over the closing credits made me cum)
>borderline meme dialogue and acting that completely drew me in and couldn't get enough of

Also, Nora Zehetner is an all time qt. Shame she never got any bigger.

yeah wtf she was hot as fuck
she was in heroes at some point and that's it