Any electricians or other tradesman faggots? Want solid career prospects and hear trades are the shit

Any electricians or other tradesman faggots? Want solid career prospects and hear trades are the shit.

>truck and transport mechanic/auto mechanic/ welder reporting in

Machinist here. Both manual and CNC machines. I've even helped install a CNC lathe, and a manual lathe. Planned and installed the LAN for the machine shop, including specific hardware to interface with the CNC equipment.

Yep, go get a trade. Then you can work for some fuck who won't pay you or give you decent benefits, get laid off every few years when the economy shits and reboots and you'll be against unions because the people who won't pay you tell you they are bad. But hey, you can say you work with your hands, vote for politicians like trump and live a paycheck to paycheck life.

Spark here. Which country are you in?

Machinist again. In my opinion, we're at the top end of the blue collar professions. I love what I do, and I can't imagine doing anything else.

What sucks is paying your dues. You end up doing the dirty work; Grinding, sanding, de-burring, standing in front of a machine and pressing the start button for weeks at a time. Tearing down and repairing dirty, greasy, broken equipment parts like gearboxes, drive shafts, spindles, and sprockets.

Ignore this faggot

Automatician here

electrician here, if oyu get hired by a big company then you are set for life. good pay and most people in the buisness are nice

Is that something like a mathemagician?

truth sucks faggot.

Maybe he should join the Navy and see the world, like you did?

I'm not a qualified tradie but have done cash in hand work for various different trades since I was 16 (I'm 20 now). The work itself mostly sucks. Get up early and work 9 hours 5 days a week. The pay is great though. Tradies get paid much more than they deserve. If you do decide to go down that path, get ready for a lot of shit employers and bosses. I'm moving away now and going to uni because of my experiences with my employers.

another electrician reporting in. done literally every sort of electrical work out there and would still rather most of it compared to other trades hands down

wow, your country must suck fucking ass if thats how tradies are treated.

Machine repair mechanic here

36$ an hour masterrace

That would be the US

Journeyman Refrigeration mechanic, gas technician and 4th year electrician apprentice reporting in.
Life is pretty good if you have a brain. I'm 29 and I make $40 an hour plus profit sharing, vehicle, benefits, tools paid for and I generally work 8-430 Monday to Friday.
I'm pretty happy with my choice in refrigeration.

>$36 an hour
>masterrace
Pick one.

Ticketed trades (spark, plumber etc) easily make more than uni graduates up to doctors and engineers. If you can run a small company with 8 to 10 guys you can do better than those too.

Eat a dick office fag. Enjoy your bus ride to work and lunchbox apple.

electrical engineering degree here, can only get low level jobs in factories but I have been unemployed ever since graduating ( 8 years).

Hate that stuff anyways so meh.

I do enterprise computer hardware repair at a datacenter and work with a dedicated electrician my entire shift. I wouldn't want your job even if it does pay 20k more per year. You're all shitty to each other, at risk of dying regularly, act worse than construction spics in front of women, and have a God complex about your profession. Get arc flashed fuckers

Machinist here...

I own my own drywall business so I don't get paid by the hour, made 8k in December with a huge job I set up. Money's pretty good in it if you're young because the older tradesmen are retiring so theres room for new people.

do you like your job..? i hate programming and making parts.. ready to quit this trade

what types of machines?

>not knowing what job prospects are
Just remember I like extra pickles on my burger.

so your a white owner who pays mexicans 8 bucks to do the work?

8k with your own business in dec isnt that good...
im a fisherman, i take in about 6k a day during lobster season...

Enjoy being fucked over everytime the economy turns or the job site ends while I cash my stock options.

Yeah there's like 3 lobster days a year you cretin.

Estimator at PG&E

Union heavy highway carpenter. Make 31 an hour plus 15 in benefits. Build bridges. It's not a bad job. I usually get laid off fron November or December till march. There's a lot of overtime in summer. I make fucking bank in summer time. A lot of 1000 to 2000 dollar paychecks. Plus with the 15 an hour in benefits, my Healthcare and retirement is paid for and I get another 3.50 an hour in a savings account that I can access once a year if I want. But with the Republicans controlling everything, i wouldn't be surprised if my union is gone in four years. The sad part is a lot of retarded faggot union brothers voted for trump. I want to kill every one.

Sparky here, if you get a trade go Union it's the only way to go. With all benefits included I made 80k last year and I'm only an apprentice. Tools paid, work truck and gas paid, health insurance free(full 80/20 plan also covers my whole family for free), we get three different pensions 401k. I bailed on a 4 year degree to do this and can't be happier. Just be ready to actually work and it's fairly dangerous at times. A journeyman in my area makes 45 an hr but if you can get into the pipe fitters union the are the god tier they do 49 an hour in my area.

One who understands.

enjoy thinking you are the tops because you earn 70k working 9-5 fixing toilets

14 weeks... 6 days a week

then halibut season, work 2 days a week and make about 9-10k

then take the winter off and get top ei

I know your pain, IBEW here almost half my local voted Trump, goodbye sweet benefits.

Electrician here, hate my job but the monies good, so meh

Union cuks.. try working for a living..like real men

You. I like you.

Dude they are so retarded. My only prayer is that I'm in pa and we have a Democrat governor. I think the unions have enough power here to keep shit right. I pray they do.

This guy knows what's up.

You sound jelly faggot, just because your not smart enough to get in. I bet you hate doctors to right.

I'm In a maintenance possision at a skilled nursing facility, pay is great 20 an hour with no certs, with certs you'd be making 25 work long enough to get the experience to be a supervisor be making 38 an hour. Only down side is if something important breaks at 2am you have to get your as to work.

Crane operators make hella bank as well if you have the balls for it. Operators union is pretty cush if you have nice equipment. Heated in the winter and AC in the summer.

Do I know you? Did ya used to be a photographer for the NFL?

>not smart enough to get in

you mean like derping around and doing fuck all while you jerk each other off?

I'm an electrician, but I do not work on houses, I install and maintain industrial equipment, automation, robots, that kind of things. I never got dirty from electrons spilling over my shirt. I never got tired from carrying my pliers around. I never get rushed as no one around me understands what I'm doing. And that's just half the time. The other half I just sit around waiting for my phone to ring if something breaks down, while getting paid. Damn, sometimes I almost feel embarrased I'm getting paid for doing this shit.

Right now, in my country, I can't think of anything involving less work and highest salary that doesn't involve a diploma, crime or elections.

A union man that votes republican is special. They are the most retarded species on the earth. They function like a normal person bUT are some how more retarded than a person that can't feed themselves or wipe their own asses. It's quite amazing, really.

Take your faggotry elsewhere. I bust my ass as a carpenter. I worked non union for two years before I got in and trust me, we work three times as hard in the union. Any faggot that is in construction and doesn't like unions is just jealous of the money we make. You sir, are gay as fuck.

This guy's kinda right in a few ways.

I think the take away is that you should be working for yourself in whatever trade you pursue. And make sure you find a way to stand above most people in your field.

Unless his point was to become a history major or some such bullshit. fuck him if that's the case.

If you put in the work you can make a pretty fucking decent wage but for most trades you're going to be saying goodbye to your knees by the time you're 30 and lower back by 45

no never been a photographer

Or be you getting paid 15 an hour with on benes. You had to have voted for trump. You come off that fucking stupid.

im this guy, work for yourself, unions rely of political bullshit to make money

Yeah if you end up down any sort of art route in 2017 you're going to have a very difficult life.

Unions make sure you get paid a decent wage and are treated fairly. Anti union is anti self interest. Why are you so proud you fuck yourself?

I'm not unionized and I make more because I'm extremely good at what I do and end up making my boss more money because of it. The unfortunate part of unions is the dumbasses in the field are worth the same as the best ones, so it ends up devaluating some tradesmen.

smart enough..haha im a flight machinist. you couldent touch my trade. Its just a dying trade. trust me i got the smarts faggot.

i was an electrician for about 10 years (started age 17) before deciding to open up an electrical subcontracting company with a bank loan. started off bidding commercial projects but got in with the school system so i began bidding every new school in my area (which is booming construction wise.) generally a school is a 1-1.5 million bid (including my profit) and i'll typically earn around 200k on a school over the course of around 3 years construction. i'm doing two right now as well as some miscellaneous projects. in 2016 i netted around 500k and invested around 200 back into the business for equipment. i also use amex for all of my material purchases then immediately pay it off for tons of free airline miles. it's a pretty sweet setup. if the new president fulfills his promises i expect to boom for these next three years as a small business owner (mandatory insurance payments for over 50 employees inside the dumb as fuck obamacare system was initially crippling.) so yes, you CAN make it in a trade, but you need to learn and grow as an individual. gruntwork for life is not worth it.

owning your own business makes sure you get paid a wage that you have earned

hahaha unionized fucks

im a welder who doesnt smoke crack

im not a carp .. nignog

You have earned or your employees have earned for you?

yeah, but you drink like a fish. we all do, faggot

i didn't think those existed?

No as in can't pass the competency test. Quit being salty that you get paid less and join.

Contractors would never pay me what I make without a Union. They wouldn't pay anyone that kind of money. Bridge builders in non union states make 15 dollars an hour with no benefits. It's not political bullshit. Unions are a group of skilled tradesman coming together to collectively bargain the highest possible wages they can get for themselves. If we didn't do that, our jobs would be shit. The contractors would just be richer than they already are. So instead of a tiny group of people making huge sum. of money, a large group of people make a decent liveable wage. While the tiny group still makes relatively huge sums of money. What is wrong with that?

Trades are only good if you have job security and those are few and far between
having experienced that despite 10 years of service and half a dozen awards for top tech in my state for going beyond what is necessary to ensure quality work the company I worked for decided they would rather bring in 2 know nothings who they can pay less

naw just weed, surprisingly.

we all put the in the same time at sea, but i also tend to the gear and maintain the boat.
i worked the same duties they have, saved up and bought my own set up
i encourage them to do the same

>not understanding what risk is carried with being a business owner
The employees rely on their employers to put food on the table and roof over their head. Business owners are responsible to ensure their employees are taken care of and it's an extremely stressful task at times. I fucking hate people like you and I don't even own a business.

Be a cop.

im not saying all unions are bad, but the ones ive seen were useless.. it was at a rail car factory the union stated that the worker should make this many of product A in one shift

they would then buzz though it doing sloppy 2nd rate work and be done by lunch... then do fuck all the rest of the day

I'm a EE making roughly $60/hr polishing a chair with my ass. But while going to uni I worked several trades. Roofing/tarring sucked balls, drywall sucked, roughing was simple as was plumbing and electrical. Did get an offer from a sparky to work for him. I was the only wiremonkey he had that did the job right. Still help him out on some jobs. Thinking when I retire I'll take up a trade so I don't get board.

... that company no longer exists because those lazy fuckers were all making $30+ an hour an sent the place bankrupt

That is shitty as fuck. I agree with you that is fucked up. It's nothing like that with trade unions though. I have to bust my balls all day long. There is no fucking around whatsoever. But I make a lot of money and I know that and am grateful for it. Everyone else busts their asses too. The contractors don't put up with people being lazy. If someone is lazy or dumb, they get laid off. If someone is being paid high wages they should earn it. I don't know what to do about situations you're talking about. I just know that it wouldn't be fair if me and my hard working union brothers get fucked over because of some bad unions.

I always hear about how great trades are but no one ever talks about pay, and I noticed a lot of people in this thread are including benefits in their pay amount which is very odd because total compensation is generally not what people are looking for. Out of college around 24 I was making $25/hr (base) plus full benefits plus tuition reimbursement and FLEX account access for things like transportation. I worked inside with 8 hour days. And that's in a junior position. The only people that seem to have it better than that either have 5-10 years of experience or they own the company - the latter really isn't "working trades" because owning a business is a completely different thing. What, realistically, are new tradesmen making and how is the quality of life?

the company tried to sort things out with bonuses for having better quality parts to each employee... they didnt figure it was worth it.

they produced something like 10,000 rail cars, most of which are still out there ready to disintegrate

Electrician local 405 35$ and hour plus benes

higher education in anything other than stem is pointless, the people complaining that a university degree has become worthless are these people.

As long as you have something thats marketable and in demand ie. a trade, engineers degree or just experience, you can always get a job

I'm the heavy highway carpenter. I started out as a 1st year apprentice making 19 an hour plus the benefits, which again are abkut 15 an hour and include healthcare, pension and savings account. That 19 an hour was 65% of journeyman rate and it goes up 10% every year untIL you're a journeyman (a 4th year apprentice was 95%). It was a four year apprenticeship.

i do condo remodel work.
but i'm in florida so no one but the boss makes any money.

is that a lot?

My quality of life is great. I work 8-430 Monday to Friday and realistically I work maybe 5 hours a day since I spend the other 3.5 driving around. I'm on call once every 4 weekends which I'm compensated for.
I really have no complaints. Sure doctors and engineers make more but I wouldn't be happy doing those jobs.

Do you agree that yiu shouldnt have to have a college degree to live a middle class lifestyle? Without unions the trades wouldn't be middle class.

Does electrical wiring for industrial Air Conditioners, water heaters and climate control units here. The job is dope, great benifits money's decent but wiring custom ordered units by consumers is a bitch when using water proof conduit that refuses to bend around corners being cut too close. All in all its a career that I love and enjoy.

Being Mexican sucks

Only with drumpf in office. Mexifag reporting in. On edge awaiting my deportation. Before that I literally had my hands on a range rover 4 bedroom house and foodstamps with little to no effort.

i went out on a job and we were using a mobile milling machine to redo a base for a motor at an oil refinery. we had to get one of the electricians to wire it up for us and to disconnect it when we were done. he ran his power cord out to our equipment and spooled out like 200 feet to get there.

well, when we were done we had to get him to disconnect our equipment. to "disconnect" he fucking took some snips and cut the power cord on the machine side. fucking asshole

im pretty sure he did it because we were contracted to come in and work and we are not union.

Depends on where you live. I don't have a trade, but I make 61k as a Java developer. Apparently that's super low for my field but I also live in fucking Alabama of all places, so the cost of living is dirt cheap for me. If you make like 50k in the south you can live pretty well.

Butt hurt detected
>drown in your tears scum

sure they should live comfortably, but they also could have dropped out of school in gr 3, worked at something they were good at, and enjoyed, and made just as much money...

people have the mind set of "i cant, it wont work"... go out there and make money your own way

my goal is to be retired by 50, sell my boat and license ( or lease it out) and live my life before im too old and broken . meanwhile, if i stuck to my trade i would be in the workforce until my 60s, bent and busted, then retire and watch the news while i waste away...

I hope he breaks your legs on the way out.

>samefag

a buddy of mine quit school in gr7, went to work, bought a boat at about 25 yrs old, its now paid off an he makes, i would guess, 150 k a year

Another sparky. Go join a union in a city where they're really strong. Like new York or seattle.

>Tradies get paid much more than they deserve
they wire your fucking shit yourself bitch

>trades are overpaid
You couldn't pay someone enough to fix a piece of machinery that will cost $1,000,000 in losses with only a few hours of down time.