He was such a fucking loser

He was such a fucking loser.

Yet why was he adored by millions of people worldwide? How was he so "hip" and "cool"?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GS75vEHyKI8
youtu.be/LGh_lV6pmV4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Mostly because of his list of "best albums ever, by Nirvana"

We all discovered music that was way cooler than Nirvana.

he was handsome and made good music, like all the other rockstars

however he killed himself because he was a massive edgelord and now his music is "deep"

Because he made 3 pretty decent albums (5 if you count in Utero and Unplugged) and killed himself at the height of his career leaving people curious as to what could have been had he lived. Just another James Dean figure. He's not the first and won't be the last.

>He was such a fucking loser.
so is kanye west, that doesnt stop people from sucking his dick on here

Everyone can in some way relate to his personality and feelings

He was almost antisocial and quiet but pretty much normal other then that and just like everyone at that time he had a shitty childhood.

There are many other reasons, nice looks etc and shit like that but in all honesty I think his wife also helped with turning him from a normal adult into this broken sensitive manchild.
Anyone who still defends Courtney Love in 2017 is fucking stupid. I'm not saying she murdered him im saying she probably verbally abused him to where he wanted to die every second

Right time right place

He was incredibly good looking. God tier bone structure desu. And he was in a band. That's all your hetero females and gay men converted already

And for straight dudes? Well, it was a rock band, and a really fucking cool one at that. Plus his brand of cool is pretty effeminate and non threatening, on the surface he seems like the sort of guy you'd shoot the shit with and smoke some pot.

On a deeper level as to why he maintains his cultural relevance (besides people living dead heroes generally) he was proto internet generation, proto indeh kid. A fucking huge portion of society now has clinical depression because of the rise of the internet - the internet is also largely why the whole vintage chic hipster culture went super mainstream around the late 00s and everyone started buying vinyl and discovering older bands etc. In many ways he was ahead of his time. Most 20 something kids are losers (and this has always been the case) but I think more than ever before they can FEEL it because the internet provides this constant barrage of seemingly inescapable social pressure for so many of us (or for those of us who don't have enough friends to use social media, we come here and barrage ourselves with constant extreme negative feedback.
Which isn't really any better for the psyche, whether you think you rise above it or not. Coming here is very damaging)

so yea, he's stayed relevant as a personality because of the way society
has headed. just a coincidence, but still

>He was incredibly good looking

Cera

/thread

He pretended he didn't care while trying VERY hard

Always a winning combo to look "real" to idiots in the music industry. You think the faux-independent label he was on didn't know this? You only need the illusion of being carefree while being painfully insecure and overly analytical. Just look at someone other that fits this example, like GG Allin or some shit.

>made good music

handsome ;_;

kill yourself

that's not why he's famous, dummy

nice reading comprehension

Literally Thor.png

>idolizing a fucking heroin junkie

Fuck Kurt Cobain

(((You)))

Because he wrote some very simple but very catchy songs which is a lot easier said than done

His suicide just kinda give him martyrdom

because millions of people relate to him and he wrote catchy songs
./thread

Handsome for a man.

lul Ariel Pink isn't dead

dude, she fucked billy and was literally his only friend in the 90s alt rock circle besides manson. autistic manchildren are her thing

try and blame courtney all you want she was able to face her demons and get her life together. many ups and downs throughout the years, but she did it. he's a coward who left behind an infant child

He was actually quite handsome. His choice in dress and usage of drugs just didn't help, to say the least.

>he's a coward who left behind an infant child
Sure. If he actually killed himself, that is.

Hello Courtney!

Loser outcast kids who never went anywhere in life relate to artists known for being outspokenly scummy and trashy, Death Grips is a perfect example of this.

this. also its interesting how you correlate the increasing proliferation and ubiquity of the internet with clinical depression. what makes you say that? im assuming you are using the US as a reference point.

Kurt wasn't a loser in my eyes. he was a poetic soul and had genuine angst.

but I think in all honesty that it must be frustrating to a "musician" to become adored as a garage band type punk but knowing the limits of 3 chord music that teenagers could play.

he was one of those "musicians" that is sort of accidentally a musician and is in reality an artist. technicality isn't required...but if you look at his aesthetic....the whole "I dont give a fuck" ragged, grungey, teenage type look,

you can see where this would run him into trouble when he ran into trying to form an adult persona. adult men dont really whine and wear patch jeans and chucks. they grow up

I think his fame exceeded his ""ability"" as a musician, which people expected this brilliant music, but he probably didnt really understand the first thing about music. he knew what he liked. but in general it was a point of conflict to be sure.

imagine everyone in the audience saying under their breath, "jesus this guy sucks at guitar. he's cool. good melody but his guitar sucks!"

TL;dr being put on a pedestal for something you can't really conform to in reality.

hence the direction of the next album. he suggested blues which is fitting, as another non-technical style.

he couldn't keep up the garage band cool teen charade forever. he had to grow up. he couldn't cope,

withstanding stomach pains and genuine physical abnormality

it really strikes me that people as intelligent as Kurt could not see the solution of exiting a previous personality somehow by literally stopping the machine. he should have attempted a slow withdrawel, used suboxone, went to the beach in mexico for a couple months with his familiy. just leave it all behind and get better and healthier. find the good doctors. he didn't need a mansion. he didn't even to make another album.

I guess its true that opioids really restructure the brain forever. tragic .....but we can learn from his story. everyone can

I don't know. Some people are just super cool and really talented. Like, he was able to create really good music and his whole style was really cool. Plus he was born good looking. Some people are just naturally really cool.

His daughter has it too. even though she doesn't make music and her art isn't that great, she's still really cool. The way she dresses and stuff, plus she's really good looking and has pretty good taste in art and decent taste in music. She takes really cool photos for instagram.

There are a lot of people that try to be really cool, but can't like Sky Ferreira tries to be cool, but she is just kinda lame and her ex-boyfriend Cole from DIIV tried so hard to be cool, but failed too. even Courtney Love tried really hard to be like that, but she could never be that cool. Billy Corgan almost killed himself because of it.

I've seen these kind of people in highschool too, that are just really cool and everything about them is cool.

I don't know I wish I was like that, but I'm not. I wish I could make as good of music as Kurt did.

Yeah I'd suck his dick no homo

if this is real this is retarded.

Francis bean: NO not cool. tries
Sky Ferreira: nope
Billy Corgan: whiny ass voice no
DIIV singer: pretty cool actually. not the best music

Kurt I agree with obviously. genuinely natural talent

>he's a coward who left behind an infant child
Courtney Internet Defense Force detected

ok? trashing her won't make him any less of a loser

I think you read my post wrong or you were just listing who you thought were cool/not of the people I wrote about. ahah

Nirvana was one of the American mainstream's first introductions to underground music. Compared to the hair metal of Poison, Nirvana was downright profound. Plus, Cobain was younger, cooler, and prettier than Michael Stipe or Perry Farrell.

the 80s were a different time

>N O R M I E S
was he /ourguy/?

kurt really is the last real "face" of rock music, they tried to recreate him but it never works.

BRAAAAAAAAAP

cuz everyone in the 90s were losers and scared of the 00's so they took him as the voice of the losers and suddenly the losers were the cool thing and now we have liberalists and shit.
proof? look at her daughter

she followed in mommy's footsteps
youtube.com/watch?v=GS75vEHyKI8

and he didn't even smoke crack.

> and he didn't even smoke crack.

nu-males think being a drug addict is deep

top kek.

I remember the day he blew his brains out, i knew he did it for fame.

Who said anything about famous? Learn to read dipshit.

Death Grips are a meme, Cobain is actually talented.

agreed

even a turbopleb like you must be able to admit that zach hill is talented, regardless of what you think of death grips

>and now we have liberalists
Lolwut

yeah, he's just a non-autistic Chad hater.

d o n t
engage

Excuse you.

OP literally asked why he's adored by millions of people.

Learn to read, moron.

thank you

a gay time and we're getting gayer...

literally who

>denying what...
>what you PUT ME THROUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
whew she had some jams

>he doesn't know the Smells Like Teen Spirit of the 2000s

youtu.be/LGh_lV6pmV4

never shopped at hot topic in the early 2000's sorry

holy fuck i'm triggered:(

He's rivers cuomo

Is that supposed to mean something?

He would of been "Le Blues Man" if he hadn't killed himself.

I don't agree with this point of view 100%, but pretty sensible way to see it.

You seem nice

i literally lurk just to find poeple that post these
you're doing gods work user
love you

Nirvana was just so fucking cool. Like the Stooges.

This, He was the last of the Jim Morrison, Jimi Hendrix real rockstar types. That era is dead.

People liked him because of his catchy pop tunes and angsty voice/lyrics

Sadly he doesn't even come close to them.

You're right that the cultural primacy of rock that began in the mid 50s ended with him. Now hip-hop has taken its place, and will be there for another 20 years or so until something new arrives.

He took relatively inaccessible styles of music and made it consumable. Just like Radiohead are an entry point into "electronic" music with the way they fuse it with accessible rock music, Nirvana was a good way to get into noisier music.

>it really strikes me that people as intelligent as Kurt could not see the solution of exiting a previous personality somehow by literally stopping the machine.

Why do you think most people, especially rockstars commit suicide? It's because they're all narcissists. Suicide is the ultimate form of narcissism, you're putting yourself above all your friends, family, and fans.

There's nothing narcissistic about puttig yourself ahead of others, especially a bunch of dumbass fans you owe nothing to.

*grabs bieber by the throat*
back the fuck off?!?!?!

I like his music

Social media is straight up designed to make you feel shitty so you keep using it for validation in the form of 'likes' or whatever.

>He was such a fucking loser.

>Yet why was he adored by millions of people worldwide? How was he so "hip" and "cool"?

The word famous comes up 0 times in OP's post. Stop dumping your useless garbage posts spawned from your oxygen deprived brain onto the world wide web.

not just validation, but also because it represents a sort of "hyper-real" reality. a lot of people put effort into orchestrated posts and photos, it makes them seem more perfect and ideal than they really are.

sort of like the fashion industry and models do to people with low self-esteem or whatever, except social media is much more penetrating. people can present themselves as having so many friends and being so jubilant and well-connected when in real life if you get to know them, they could be most effacing cunts you ever met.

so yeah, i can see why people can develop depression and self-esteem problems from using social media for too much. it's too instantly gratifying for people to turn away from. like Sup Forums, but everyone here's anonymous so you always feel a tinge superior

as opposed to those handsome women...

thought you were implying ariel pink died, thank god

cus we're all fucking losers