He really makes you think

He really makes you think

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mvcoX6EQH2s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_origin_of_religions
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That Philosophy degree is really paying off

I am now a #GodMissile

I can't stand any of his shit his such a pretentious cunt just like simon pegg.

Yes, but Christianity actually has evidence behind it.

I believe him. He makes Kino music.

youtube.com/watch?v=mvcoX6EQH2s

>it's a "Ricky didnt realize those 3000 Gods are all the same One God" episode.

not an argument

Only 3000? this qoute seems like bullshit

hah even that nu-male accepted that god exists, how does the fedora community ever survive through these time HAH

>his such a pretentious cunt

I can see how you'd feel particularly harassed by pretentious cunts, user.

You shouldn't use words of which you don't know the meaning

His standup is horse shit, but his podcasts were legitimately funny back in the day. He comes across as more of a genuine human being surprisingly.

I'm an atheist and this kind of shit makes me cringe....there is nothing profound or intelligent in blatant attacks on those with faith. It's as if these types of atheists fail to grasp the concept and essence of faith. Arguing and attacking faith even in a comedic fashion only helps to harden the believers resolve...It's so cringeworthy

He's a pretentious dickwad, but I agree with that. Everyone is obsessed with religion, but don't see the irony in previous efforts like Olympus and the Norse Gods.

all things considered I'd have to say they have an easier time than you do maintaining such an awkward and unconvincing pretense of faith

yes, yes, well done Pascal...
HOWEVER
you can't force belief. as much as I'd like to sometimes, I can't make myself believe in God.

What if lack of belief was awarded with eternal life?

I'm an Atheist but Rickey Gervais is so embarrassing it hurts. he makes his points like an edgy 10 year old.

>1 post by this ID

why is he so based bros?

It's difficult to know what to think about Ricky Gervais. On the one hand if he got mowed down by a speeding car which then reversed over him it'd be an appropriate reward for making a pseudocelebrity of that fucktard Karl Pilkington but on the other he *did* write "let's do some improvisational comedy".

it's because the people you're referring to still make the effort to help the believers realise what they're doing
it may sound condescending but it's even more condescending when you give up and accept that they're incapable of seeing reason

Reminder to atheist that god exists and I am him

That makes 0 sense

But in this context, every human is endowed at birth with belief. It's not something to force but to allow to happen to you.

Can you cure me of the painful anal fissure I'm experiencing, Lord? I want to ride a bicycle again.
I did not get it from buggery.

I don't think it was the writing that made that scene funny, it was 100% Neeson's delivery.

What if God is fine with atheism, but picking the wrong God pisses him off?

>that fucktard karl pilkington

manmoth detected.

>every human is endowed at birth with belief

I'm pretty sure if you put a baby in a box with a "learn to speak" book and took him out after 5 years and asked him on his opinion of God, he would have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

ITT: pedos and manchildren and subhumans of all sorts desperately scrabble for the moral high ground and declare themselves the most mature

Not that user, but imagine a God who had no control over the world he created (we're going to have to suspend a lot of disbelief to discuss theistic scenarios, but let's humour ourselves anyway) except that he chose who would go to heaven.

Do you think he'd prefer his followers who spend their days praying, or the non-believing doctors?

>humans don't develop faith innately
Funny how every single civilization no matter how unconnected from one another that they are, ALL developed it, huh?

I'd think we'd have to go by what He said and not presume to use our limited three dimensional mines to guess at the motivations of something infinite. In which case, praying.

Source: posts on autism forums

Yes, they DEVELOP religion as a method of explaining the world, they aren't born with it, and they don't come to it individually. Religions come into being after many, many generations of iteration and refinement.

I'm Australian I have an excuse my brain doesn't work like yours.

As evidenced by what civilization?

Probably I should have been less cryptic about what I meant by writing. It's also about accuracy of judgement regarding what you can realistically get out of a performer, in which regard Gervais wasn't just terrifically served by his instincts but had the actual sense to follow 'em.

sure it does, just like all the others

>I'd think we'd have to go by what He said

He didn't say anything but

>correlation means causation

you should go back to statistics 101

Literally all of them.

Ive read every high school biology textbook several times

He gets so many basic things wrong, no wonder he dropped out of biology.

Throw the word "osmosis" around one more time and I will hit you Ricky

That said he is my fave comedian

Hes roght you know.
Where fuckhead? What possible evidance is there for a judgemental cuntwad like your bitch god jesus.

I wouldn't be surprised. Religious emotional manipulations are geared toward the neurotypical, they might have hard time tricking autists into sharing them.

Belief =/= eternal joy. It also works on the flipside that it confirms eternal suffering.

Yeah it's almost like they were all created by the same species of animal or something

"For there are many lords and gods, but we serve the creator of all"
I would willingly spend the rest of my life in prison being beaten and gang raped daily until a brutal shanking ends my life for a five minute glimpse of Ricky in hell

>as much as I'd like to sometimes

Same. They seem to be much happier.

That's right you tell em cletus

Not them, but I hope this is bait because you sound pretty stupid.

Conceiving a deity to explain why the good/bad things happen to you/the world is comforting; whether it makes you feel like your life has purpose, or that someone might be watching over you. It's something out of which you grow. It's time to move on and actually contribute to society rather than spend your days in the monastery, sucking up to a dictatorial sadist to spend an eternity in 'peace' - as if it is any more meaningful than mortality on Earth.

John 1:1 14

Fucking fedora memeing retards gtfo. Calling your opponent an antisocial neckbeard is inflamatory and brings nothing to the actual argument you fucking retard.
Id rather rebel then be gods bitch for all eternity.

Stop being an autist

Then name one. Go on and dig up that atheist civilization that later developed religion. I'll wait why you frantically google and eventually come back to move the goalposts.

Cite God, not John

>2016
>still not worshipping dyeus pater

Would not.

Notice how his fedora-ism is either directed specifically at Christianity or at religion in general? Never seems to attack Islam or Judaism directly....

God is under constant revision. We will never stop making God in our image. Our image is as flaky and transient as a train hobo from the 1920's. Ricky is a seller. He sells what he can sell to the best of his ability. Since Chris dies he's been in a steady decline. Let him fade of like the 3000 Gods he loves so much.

Zappa was based, Ricky's a cunt.

>eventually come back to move the goalposts.

That's exactly what you just did

>you sound stupid, even if you're right
Ahh, arguing with atheists.

Then you go on to agree with me. That it is the nature of humanity to project a sense of higher purpose or guidance on existence.

Ergo, faith is in our natures and is something we're born with.

If God exists, why doesn't he do something that definitively proves it beyond all doubt?

>inb4 "he works in mysterious ways lol"

Great thing is no one can actually refute his point, as fedora as Gervais is.

Its not autism, med school entry exams. It just jumps out for me, so annoying when people talk about things they dont know about on a basic level. Its arrogant.

Ausfag here. It's only pretentious if he's spouting this stuff to appear intellectual or morally superior.

I see a random nuke hitting the middle east as "mysterious".

So, where is it, God?

No, I claimed all civilizations had religion. You claimed they were atheistic and only came to religion over generations. I challenged you to find a single example to support your claim.

Still waiting. Or was you "flipping it around on me" supposed to be your answer?

The last time god did something, terrible things happened. A lot of egyptians got killed, there was a locust plague and the rivers run red for a couple of weeks.

How is this any different from the shit Gervais says?

>Id rather rebel then be gods bitch for all eternity.

That's your ego talking.

>You claimed they were atheistic and only came to religion over generations.

That was never claimed by me or anyone else in this thread.

>why can't i understand something infinite that is literally beyond my scope for understanding?
>since i don't understand it, it must not be real

Might as well be blind obstinately arguing that colors are fake because you're not equipped to detect them.

>atheist civilization
That's not what I said, dumb ass. here;
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionary_origin_of_religions

>there are people in this thread that don't believe in God because their favourite actors and artists told them it's the smart thing to do

Because Zappa didn't dedicate his life to doing the fedora tipping that Gervais does

Has Ricky Gervais ever been funny? He just panders to libtards with his simple highschooler logic. I might have been impressed when I was 13.

>Yes, they DEVELOP religion as a method of explaining the world, they aren't born with it, and they don't come to it individually. Religions come into being after many, many generations of iteration and refinement.

So, many many generations is suddenly...?

He adresses the obvious flaws in christian religion instead of just saying "dude atheism lmao" like Gervais

So then how did God appear before those people in the Bible and tell them things?

Show me where someone said they were atheist civilizations first. Show me, I double dog dare you.

He is saying one thing of importance. He's saying worship of a God, or god, is dependent of the existence of civilization. So, nuke us in the stone ages, before we had civilization, we'll still have human spirituality. It's an individual concept at the roots. People get together, build stuff, disagree with each other. Fight and kill for a while until a "visionary' comes along and paints a clear picture of what that particular group in conflict needs and viola! We have a new religion for the masses. Prophets are not messengers of God, they are merchants of peace, but only for a short time. We'll start fighting again and bastardize their words to justify killing for profits again.

>That's your ego talking.
Have fun sucking jesuss dick for sustannance till the end of time, you literal autist.

>instead of just saying "dude atheism lmao" like Gervais

Gervais doesn't say that though, I don't think you know what you're talking about

Zappa's critique of religion was generally smarter. And he respected people's right to worship, Ricky goes round cramming his athiest views down everyone's throat to the point he's as bad as the religions he complains about

What if you worshipped the wrong God? What if you thought being a good, peaceful, and kind person was what God wanted, but he really wanted violence, hatred, and debauchery?

Yes, a bunch of speculation and contradictory answers where some even suggest we're innately born spiritual because of a god gene. But everyone is in agreement that organized religion predates all civilization.

I'm assuming you didn't post a link to something that openly contradicted you on purpose, so... Your point?

>atheists post intelligent quotes and generally good reasons for not being a religious faggot
>christfags and other slime come in all asspained and start spamming fedora gifs, le pascal wager, and other nonsense to hide their insecurity

Every single time. It's so pathetic.

Still prior to major civilization?

Fun times on Sup Forums never end.

He does you know. He's not really trying because his audience eats it up.

So because God is "something infinite that is literally beyond my scope for understanding" I should pray to him before bed every night otherwise I'll burn for eternity in hell?

His implication is obviously that if all cultures around the world have religion then an original deity exists to have designed people this way.

Let me see if I can dumb it down for you.

>all civilizations had religion
>>only after many many generations
>name one civilization that didn't have religion for many many generations
>>omg wtf i can't even
>quit stalling
>>stalling what? i don't even know what you're talking about
>you were going to name atheist civilizations
>>who said anything about that? prove it lol

SOURCE: follow the (You)'s of this discussion back up the page