twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump.

not sure why I saved these as .gif

>Knowledge thread
That image was last relevant probably six years ago

>pics we will save but never use

Well I'm out, unless anyone wants party-van related material

Bump

Nope. Don't want to live in that world. I'm going to watch the show at ground zero.

anyone have an image of this^ that is large enough to read?

Dont do this, it makes mustard gas

no ur thinking of

retard alert >_>

don't trust that guy
or this guy or me
verify this shit before you try it
if you can't find anything that says it will kill you
then try it in a well ventilated location with some blast shielding just to make sure

Since you posted that I may as well.
/k/ has a good thread up If this thread is alive when I get back I'll dump

btw if anyone has silent running or small unit tactics can you post?

this doesn't put off enough heat to cook anything or even boil more than a couple ounces of water
but if you have a decently insulated shelter, it will help to keep it warm
just remember, burning anything requires good ventelation

or (slightly) more likely
>civilization has collapsed

got a readable version of this? too small

discord.gg/9QkHW

you might want to see an optomotrist
my eyesight is not very good and I'm able to read it

This amuses me.

One, fuckers don't realize that is would take a healthy and fit male 10-12 hours to dig that trench.

Two, Fallout is assumed to average 14 days..... Maybe less, and maybe considerable more.

There isn't food, water, or sanitation enough for 14 to 28 days in there.

bump

too bad there aren't any pre-dug ditches any where in the world so that all you have to do is pile dirt along the sides of the car
or that variations on this can't be used for other purposes (ie shelter from a snow storm)
or that when this was made the common unscientific use of fallout also included the initial blast

you think so far into the box that you probably think the only use for alcohol is getting drunk

>Having a car
>Not just driving as far away as you can
>Calling other people stupid

Okay buddy

paste it into paint or another photo viewer and save it in a larger size.

On second thought.... don't do this. YOU are too stupid and should neither procreate or survive.

Go outside and apologize to the trees for wasting all the good oxygen so far.

>implying you can out run a nuclear blast
>implying the emp won't kill the car
>implying the roads will be clear enough that you won't be at a standstill

make sure it is a magic image editor that improves the resolution as you enlarge the original pic

Didn't read the /k/ thread yet, apologizing in advance for posting duplicates

And I'm out

LOL.... Because there is always a handy, dry ditch, the width of your car chassis; and accessible to drive directly over.

Errywur. LULZ

Sorry kid. Ditches are dug for a purpose. To drain water (excluding anti tank ditches and moats). A rain or diversion of water from somewhere else and your "shelter" filled with water. Drainage ditches catch runoff, and mixed with runoff is fallout. This will make a drainage ditch more radioactive than surrounding ground.

Alcohol, specifically ethyl, is fine for getting drunk. I was last drunk in...... um, 2012, maybe.

I could use it for refining other chemicals like salicylic acid from willow. Maybe I could spend sometime making toxic methyl for stove fuel. Don't want that in a engine for long, it eats the gaskets. Ethyl is a hilarious way to catch ducks and geese. fruit mixed with ethyl is a bowl and their to drunk to escape. Maybe your thinking of sterilizing surgical tools? Better to use steam anyway.

What else you got?

Don't have to outrun. You just need to be on the opposite side of something solid. It is also wise to not live or work beside something worthwhile to pitch a nuke at.

wow.... how to lose your hand in one easy to make device.

here you go.

the other

Click the filename and it should open it in a new tab, where you can zoom in.

fire.

Good.

Considering all the work and tools needed here, what does the car offer as opposed to any other covering? Why not dig a smaller hole down, then forward and make a little shelter for yourself?

I just don't see why the car is important

This is really bad for the soil

Yeah because you're using up enough nutrients in 4 square feet of earth to grow a hundred pounds of potato.

It is from Kressen Kearney's Nuclear survival skills book.. that has been around since the 80s.

The car replaces falling trees or lumber to roof over the shelter.

Funny how it assumes the survivor has shovels and picks, but not axes and saws.

It's a good and bad source.

bad for the soil? I think the point is to keep layering the potato plant in compost as it grows.

After you harvest, the soil, this all goes back into the compost pile.

Aspyxia in 48 hours. It ventilates into the larger and still unventilated basement. Cook some food or warm your space and 12 hours.

1960s though so ..... people felt better and really did have nukes aimed at them.

Hydrogen isotopes are the cause of obesity, diabetes, and cancer. DDW (light water) is the cure. If your willing to do the research you will discover the truth.

Fogot to add that hydrogen isotopes are also responsible for ageing.