Overrated records

Overrated records.

but that album is perfection

this is his worst album along with untitled unmasterd

yeah nobody remembers memes

This was part of the holy trinity

And it wasn't Nas . . .

how is this overrated?

Listening to this now, I really don't get what's so good about this and CR, S&E is without doubt one of my favorite albums though with the exception of a few songs I find the other two kinda boring, though Grounded is probably my favourite Pavement song so far. Still need to listen to BTC and TT.

Everything by the Beatles.

Anything by Tupac

you'll want to learn to appreciate wowee zowee before moving onto BTC. WZ is probably secretly their best album and it might take a while to dawn on you but its the truth.

Is it one of those albums that click or do you have to learn a lot about it?

WZ isn't bad but come on, S&E is by far their best record. Malkmus and Stairs would be the first to admit that

Ur mums an overrated record m8

This one of the more underrated Pavement records...

it eventually clicked for me, i went from liking just a couple of songs to loving the whole thing. early on i read the 33 1/3 book on it hoping to find some kind of insight on the album that was maybe going over my head, but the book (while a pretty decent read) did nothing for me. repeated listens is what it took. its a really special album to me.

S&E is a close second for me but i can always go back to WZ

Overrated by who?

This isn't overrated. Sorry bud, but this is 90s college-core at its best.

hipsters

This isn't bad in any way, but How It Feels is 100 million times better

You could argue for S&E or CRCR, but WZ, really?

Its like the white album of pavement

Slanted and enchanted has miles better songwriting. But wz has really great production and diverse

I think s&e is better but I put on wz a lot just for the interesting, well produced comfy listening. It was better than cr cr

No

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Lol

Yes

Yes

Only true classic album by Pavement is S&E

No way. Nothing matches the energy they had on Slanted and Texas Never Whispers.