BANDCAMP THREAD

"These threads are starting to make even less sense now" Edition

You know what to do. I'm not your mother to teach you that.

Other urls found in this thread:

eoinlyness.bandcamp.com/album/d
homemedia.bandcamp.com/releases
horsebeach.bandcamp.com/album/beauty-sadness
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/atonement
rateyourmusic.com/artist/epiglottis
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/holdhegy
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/feh-r-m-lys-g
slavebeaverevolt.bandcamp.com/album/double-the-body-ii-rushed-two
adventurermusic.bandcamp.com
theambiguity.bandcamp.com/album/sleep
streamerror.bandcamp.com/
bandcamp.com/tag/post-punk
apmacroeconomics.bandcamp.com/album/music-to-listen-to-with-headphones-in
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ap-macroeconomics/music-to-listen-to-with-headphones-in/
abracadanny.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/abracadanny/tracks
twitter.com/abracadanny
instagram.com/abraca.danny
xandervile.bandcamp.com/album/patterns
thevexproject.bandcamp.com/album/february-fever-ep
profoundcarnage13.bandcamp.com/album/a-future
malformedchild.bandcamp.com/album/biting-the-head-of-a-swan
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/shum/holdhegy/
homesicklmao.bandcamp.com/album/nothing-makes-sense-anymore
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/epiglottis/the-raven/
scrugley.bandcamp.com/
rateyourmusic.com/list/Ottoguy/music-from-bandcamp-threads-on-mu-ive-rated/).
heatdeathdrone.bandcamp.com/album/heat-death-drone
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/heat-death-drone/heat-death-drone/
homesicklmao.bandcamp.com/releases
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/alex-massey/nothing-makes-sense-anymore/
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/ap_macroeconomics/see_where_i’ve_come_from__see_where_i_will_have_come_from_when_it’s_time_to_see_where_i’ve_come_from_in_the_future/
meadowlands.bandcamp.com/releases
thecleanupcrew.bandcamp.com/
inbetweenmindstates.bandcamp.com
cahps.bandcamp.com/track/halo-single
vysokecelo.bandcamp.com/album/li-cie-na-ksi-ycu
forletsires.bandcamp.com/album/journey-towards-ruin
nichardixon.bandcamp.com/album/a-new-american-model-for-a-prefab-society-ep
frederickthevictorious.bandcamp.com/album/the-forest
chulavysta.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

eoinlyness.bandcamp.com/album/d

>electronic
>glitch
>ambient
>idm

homemedia.bandcamp.com/releases

>lofi
>surf
>indie
>dream pop
>beach

horsebeach.bandcamp.com/album/beauty-sadness

>indie
>alternative
>guitar pop

One last shill before I'm gonna take a break and make a new release finished in full.

>"Atonement" is a three-way ambient split based on the idea of mortality, death and funeral. Each of us created an epic relying on these themes trying to provide the emotions that surround these dark days which haunts us all.
>dark ambient split
epiglottis.bandcamp.com/album/atonement

>Other stuff you might like
epiglottis.bandcamp.com

Would appriciate if you review/score my stuff on RYM:
rateyourmusic.com/artist/epiglottis

Also, join us on the House of Sup Forumssicians FB group now!
groups slash 2195623053996766

NEW STUFF - May 1st

As an addition - will post some comments about ALL of the music ITT that I haven't heard yet. Just try and be not emotional about my words, okay?

Latest: Moon Mountain
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/holdhegy
>drone
>crackles
>ambient noise wall
>drone metal, harsh noise wall
>kinda psychedelic
>headphones or good stereo system recommended
>ffo Time Machines
music to dude weed lmao

varsas.bandcamp.com/album/feh-r-m-lys-g
>straightforward bedroom black metal
>trve kvlt
>more lo-fi than a Daniel Johnston cassette played underwater
>it would be cool though if some tape label released it physically
>ffo (a much less monumental) Paysage d'Hiver
music to dude weed lmao

there is one cure for migraine and that is you playing piano

Still working on the new album, just recorded acoustic noise with different woodblocks and DIY drums

Heard "Chromium" before. Now I've added "Ascension" and "Tesserakd" to the list. The tracks seems to be well produced, well, good enough to be nicely heard through my speakers anyway. You should make a shorter version of "Chromium" and "Ascension" and overlay it with some phone commercials, would really suit them well since it feels like that kind of composition. I really disliked "Tesserakd" - I find it generic and lackluster at best but hey, I don't like that type of electronica anyway. Try thinking more in terms of more varied compositions on your next release since I find that some parts are getting repeated too often and the variety is really small. But it's a good start if it's your first ever recording.

Not for me but really, really cool. Congrats if you are some sort of the member of this. If not - congrats for a good share.

Did you really tried to cure your migraine with my piano music? I would consider this suicide myself lol
Also Gub is gud and if you disagree I'll make you agree. Or not. I dunno.

slavebeaverevolt.bandcamp.com/album/double-the-body-ii-rushed-two

>experimental
>weird shit
>electronic

adventurermusic.bandcamp.com

>swancore

Wouldn't say it's weird. It's pretty enjoyable but for a love of God the singing. It makes this thing way too awkward. I would advise you to train more in that department. Songs themselves, while not unique, give a very nice vibe (well, maybe beside the second one but you know)

theambiguity.bandcamp.com/album/sleep
>ambient
>drone

streamerror.bandcamp.com/

>lo-fi
>electronic
>beats

Good guy

post some post punk pls

t. new to bandcamp threads

Not enough post-punks here
bandcamp.com/tag/post-punk

Doesn't work like that. Go through the archive on here or search through the rebecca black archive of bandcamp threads

AP Macroeconomics - Music to Listen to With Headphones In

apmacroeconomics.bandcamp.com/album/music-to-listen-to-with-headphones-in

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ap-macroeconomics/music-to-listen-to-with-headphones-in/

>bedroom pop
>noisy alt rock at times?

I'll come through and give some reviews.

abracadanny.bandcamp.com
soundcloud.com/abracadanny/tracks
>>lofi dream hop

twitter.com/abracadanny
instagram.com/abraca.danny

I really dig this. I love the rap sample you use on untitled_00. Overall really good atmosphere, perfect for sitting on the bus in the PNW.

xandervile.bandcamp.com/album/patterns

Also this is my best friend's EP, it would really be cool if this got some feedback.

>emo, but not really the sad kind
>experimental rock

Tell your friend to either change the font on his cover or remove it entirely. It's bad. And the red doesn't help it either.
Got a listen to two tracks. It's fine. He could work on his voice a tiny bit. The drums sounds fine, the guitar was also nice. He might consider another mixing run. Not that his mixing is bad entirely, but some volume levels are a bit off for me (Apprehension and it's guitar/drum relation for example)

Thanks for the feedback! What two tracks did you listen to?

thevexproject.bandcamp.com/album/february-fever-ep
>Indie
>Post Rock
>Alt Rock
>Math Rock
>Emo
>Ambient

Apprehension and Remember. Just finished
Neighborhood but it didn't made me want to add anything more to what I've already said

Family is my favorite, and asleep is good after the monologue. Just the Same Old Summer is nice too.

Ok, I guess

profoundcarnage13.bandcamp.com/album/a-future

>Post-rock, indie rock, math rock, lo-fi

>4 releases in March 2017 alone
how am I suppose listen to this knowing that lack of quality control mate?

malformedchild.bandcamp.com/album/biting-the-head-of-a-swan

>glitch
>inspired by Trout Mask Replica

>inspired by TMR
the only thing in common is that both are cacophony

If you've made a Rayetoyrmusic page for you album/release I'll listen to it, rate it and give it a short review.

Holy fuck did I have a stroke? I meant rateyourmusic

So you want us to just link the RYM page to you?

Well, if you don't I assume there is no RYM page for it. In most cases there isn't.

Found yours now though

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/shum/holdhegy/
Alrighty then. I would love someone to share their thoughts with me

homesicklmao.bandcamp.com/album/nothing-makes-sense-anymore
>emo
>ambient
>chill

this is good

Will risk it. Probably regret that later
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/epiglottis/the-raven/

Just a note, I appreciate how active you are in these threads and how much you listen to other stuff. So thanks.

scrugley.bandcamp.com/

>depressive/melancholic music
>each release its different
>now you can get all 11 releases for just 0.50Ç

reccing
hi

Thanks! Will most likely take a break for a while after this thread dies (reasons in my post) but I appreciate your words nonetheless

Sounds good. I'll check it your stuff when I get a chance. Any releases you'd recommend?

Yeah I'm the guy that already rated yours actually. I did write a few thoughts in my list of bandcamp releases I've rated (rateyourmusic.com/list/Ottoguy/music-from-bandcamp-threads-on-mu-ive-rated/). But I could write a few more words here.

On some tracks (most notably the first, third and last) I can appreciate the melodies to an extent and also enjoy some of the instrumentation (the outro of the third track sounds nice and fits well). However it all feels very rushed and like all half-finished ideas make the final cut regardless of how good they actually are. Then as I guess you have heard the production leaves much to be desired. So in brief: Get better recording equpiment and learn to produce the tracks better, and filter out some stuff. Only keep what you really feel are worthwhile melodies, passages and tracks. Judt keep trying and I'm sure it'll get better!

I'm actually the guy with the cheap keyboards from the last thread, so I've already rated your split release and added it to my list. My main complaint with that release was the with the middle track, which wasn't yours. I could give this one a go as well though. I know you wrote some of your thoughts on my EP in the last thread, and I would appreciate a rating really, even though it may be really low.

Might as well most my EP again:
>ambient
>with guitars
heatdeathdrone.bandcamp.com/album/heat-death-drone
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/heat-death-drone/heat-death-drone/

post* fuck I've really had a stroke haven't I?

Oh, right, yeah, sorry, Toot name confused me.
Sadly I don't have a RYM account (all of the stuff in my discography was made by other users, not me) but I would give you somewhere around 6.5-7/10. Somewhere around there for sure.

Sure.
If you like piano stuff pick any of the Improvisations release
If you like drone stuff pick The Raven (for a long ass track) or Vivid Abstracts (more of the organ drone stuff) or Tired Travels (like not mine part better than mine on it)
If you like a typical dark ambient - Atonement or Thus Spoke Madness (although I'm pretty furious over it)

homesicklmao.bandcamp.com/releases

rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/alex-massey/nothing-makes-sense-anymore/

first attempt at rym so please excuse the shittiness of the profile

>first attempt at rym so please excuse the shittiness of the profile
Red alert guys. He's asking for it.

Alright, I appreciate it. I can understand what you mean, though I made sure I was very satisfied with all my tracks and their compositions. I do agree with the recording quality though.

I also have a cleaner EP, if you want to check that out:
rateyourmusic.com/release/ep/ap_macroeconomics/see_where_i’ve_come_from__see_where_i_will_have_come_from_when_it’s_time_to_see_where_i’ve_come_from_in_the_future/

So I've listened to Holdegy now and have a few things to say. The first track is really a bore, nothing really happens. The second track is way more angaging and exciting (basically a better version of the first track), however it's a bit long and drags at places. Maybe 6 minutes would have been more fitting. The third track though is a real treat with interesting textures, multiple things goingon at once and a haunting atmosphere, I really like that one.

Overall the production is really good and the release is ok with the last track being my favourite of the bunch. I really like how all the tracks sequense into each other.

Yeah I get it, my name is Otto so my first online account (except my mail) became Ottoguy for some reason. It was 2011, I was 12 and I thought it would be a fitting name for my Minecraft profile. Since then it's stuck. Toot on the other hand is just my name with the letters "o" and "t" trading places.

You're probably going to have some trouble getting that profile through since it doesn't follow the capitilization rules of RYM. I advise you to read them and update your profile request. I guess I will listen to it when I'm finished with the others and when the release is fixed, I'm going to have a hard time rating RYM releases that are entered incorrectly...

I've already have a lot to listen to from this thread, and I've already listened to one of your releases so not now. Maybe another time.

Alright, that's fair. Thanks anyways.

exactly

meadowlands.bandcamp.com/releases

alt emo indie post punk post rock shoegaze

Ain't bad but bland. All songs sounds the same and really not many things changes throughout this thing. Shame really. The sound is pleasant but holy cow these compositions were done to death by this point it's almost a shot in a foot for doing the same thing again. But maybe with some proper development in song structure and creative writing you guys might go into places. And please, for a love of God, don't use that fucking GIF. People will disregard your stuff as meme-filled and they will not even listen to you, mark my words.

The last song was actually good, it caught my attention and quite catchy. The rest is meh, overall it's far from being outstanding in any way.

thecleanupcrew.bandcamp.com/

Electronic, some hip hop influence

Reccs

inbetweenmindstates.bandcamp.com

>hip hop, instrumentals

cahps.bandcamp.com/track/halo-single
>BANGIN trap
album in the works

vysokecelo.bandcamp.com/album/li-cie-na-ksi-ycu
>psychedelic folk, space ambient

new material coming soon,

It's good cause it's Polish
Fuckin' A work mate, looking forward to your new material!

Very nice. I especially enjoyed "Transient Life" although the piano/keyboard seems a bit dominant to me.

So, this is our first album which was released back in October last year:
forletsires.bandcamp.com/album/journey-towards-ruin

>(black) metal

This is great, love the Zguba album as well.

I think someone on these threads named windowlistener has an rym page

I've found a lot of really interesting music in these threads (or just randomly searching through bandcamp) and all of a sudden, when I look them up to find them and maybe contact them, congratulate them on their work, they've vanished.

Have you ever pulled work from bandcamp, or deleted your page for some reason?

Yes and yes. At least twice

Why is that? I'm curious. Also, how would you feel about someone talking about work you've done that you've deleted?

I changed name of one of my pages once, since basically no one had listened to it so it wouldn't hurt to change the band name to a better one.

Listened to it now. It sounds very nice, but I'd say it's maybe 30 minutes too long for my taste. It's not transient enough to keep me interested for 40 min.

I wanted to quit music and I felt at times that some records are so bad that I put them into a compilation (not sure if that counts as deletion of your work). I've done the compilation thing not so long ago.
>How would you feel about someone talking about work you've done that you've deleted?
Okay, I suppose. I don't see why would that be a problem for me really. I would probably be like "Cool, but that's all in the past"

Welp, I've failed my goals then.

nichardixon.bandcamp.com/album/a-new-american-model-for-a-prefab-society-ep

>Indie pop, Piano pop, lo-fi indie, bedroom pop

This is my new EP, check it out, I love feedback

Well, according to the RYM page a great deal of people disagree with me.

If you love with why don't give it?

3/5 is an average, a starting point. I think most of them feel the same "it's too long" thingy for sure

Just wondering, did any of you read the thread or listen to any tracks in it?

yeah, but I'll give feedback later

frederickthevictorious.bandcamp.com/album/the-forest

>Fantasy/Art rock
>Rock Opera
>Concept Album
>Indie Pop

Fuck off

I did ealier in the thread you massive cock

Hey, both you shitbags. I replied earlier in this thread to stuff. Sincerely fuck off.

Best to you all. I don't have to reply her either to give feedback. Quit moral tripping and get with the tucking program

fine i won't give feedback then you prissy faggot

Really please don't

Sign of professionalism - where you can say "cunt" and "prissy faggot" instead of being calm and conscientious and say that you've done it.

I mean I'm just sayin'

>professionalism
>Sup Forums

Well I mean you probably did, but that's hardly the case with everyone I quoted. Of course you don't have to reply or give feeback, but it's a nice thing to do to one another. I mean that's kind of the purpose of these threads, or the "program" if you will.

>implying maturity isn't a sign of professionalism and that somehow Sup Forums can't be a place for that
If you want to be stereotypical then I'm not against that

>caring this much about a bandcamp thread

That law applies to all boards, not just this thread my boi

>acting mature on /d/

Also
>caring

Guess why I'm not visiting this board

because you like /hm/ more?

This was so savage I need to take a breath
Have you got something against gay people?

>have you got something against gay people
nah I'm just fuckin with you mate

I know, I actually thought you would went full attack mode. Let's chill for now, we bumped this thread already way too much

www.patentmtl.bandcamp.com

chulavysta.bandcamp.com

>post rock, space rock

yes

caring enough about anything to be argumentative about something this trivial

Yeah