Is there an equivalent to taping over your webcam for your computer mic?

Is there an equivalent to taping over your webcam for your computer mic?

Anyway to disable it?

Yes.. unplug it

It's built in (to my laptop)

device manager > imaging devices > disable all listed

lobotomy

Someone could still access it though no?

delete system 32 file

If you're scared someone is spying on you the chances are that they can just enable the mic again.(If on laptop. If you're using a stationary you can just unplug whatever mic you're using)

micmute for software solution

take apart your computer and rip that shit out

Use a bandaid

15K Ohm resistor across pins 3&4 of headphone jack

Dub trips don't lie

Check 'em

this

not if you actually uninstall the drivers instead of just disabling it

that's what I would do instead of just taping over it like a pleb

not that it fucking matters. no one cares about you because you don't matter. and if they did want to spy on you they would anyway so

Create a new hardware profile disabling the microphone and set that profile to boot as default.

too many trips in this thread

It would be such a headache to get access to that mic. I see people tape up the webcams at work but again what a hassle with the only pay out being to see some 45 year old woman take a dump.

cool dolph says check em

It's a college provided laptop and I have the feeling they are collecting data (we have a massive data center on campus)

Google
Is
Your
Friend
Faggot

>lets just disable this so a 1337 hexor can just enable it

what kind of laptop is it? just open the case and there will be a wire connecting to the mic, just take it out.

I have a EXE. I can give you that will fix everything

use a driller

can we have that exe?

Youre an idiot. If a hacker can gain access to your computer whos to say he cant enable a fucking webcam.

seems legit.

Lenovo actually

find out the exact model and google "lenovo modelhere schematic" and find the spot that says internal mic, then just use the diagram to find the wire and unplug it

Word, thanks Sup Forumsro

/thread