It's contrarian to say he wasn't the greatest right?

it's contrarian to say he wasn't the greatest right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ISBNqJZVrXM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the greatest who? composer? probably no. classicist figure? probably no.

Beethoven > Bach > Mozart > Brahms > Schubert > Mendelssohn

Beethoven was better

t. contrarian

so if beethoven is the greatest why the fuck do people meme bach so much

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=ISBNqJZVrXM

>Play Salieri

*BRRRAAAAAAPP*

Bach, Haydn, Handel were on par with him, if not better

Bach is better than Beethoven.

this just isn't true though

All had the advantage of growing to a much older age than Mozart. Haydn is an under-appreciated composer but to say that he was better than Mozart is a contrarian opinion.

People meme Bach so much because he is so important. It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say that he is the most influential musical figure of all time.

I prefer listening to the works of Beethoven, but he doesn't belong in the same category as Bach. They were born like 100 years apart and their music is not very similar.

It's like asking if The Beatles are the greatest why the fuck do people meme Stephen Foster so much?

Why? Is there really that much difference? Couldn't we say they are around the same level?

True GOAT

oh look we got a romantic over here let's pelt him with soap in our socks hahaha this plebeian simpleton

I don't like Mozart because his compositions wander and are never interesting the whole way through and I enjoy feeling the emotion of Beethoven instead of long ass compositions with parts I don't care about.

>his compositions wander

This.

While I may admit that Mozart was the best on a technical basis, he was not the best composer because he was too dry and his work does not carry enough feeling.

People who refuse to budge on the Mozart question are autists who don't know what emotion is to begin with.

>beethoven fags start talking about muh feelings again

Could it be that they find emotion in different places than you do? Understatement can be effective.

One might as well look at a neo-classical building and have a go at it for not having the beauty in its ornamentation that a neo-gothic building has. You're missing the point.

what does t. ____ mean I've seen it on reddit more than here so don't even give me that coolclub shit.

Not only are you from reddit, you also ask to be spoonfed and act entitled about it.

>It wouldn't be that much of a stretch to say that he is the most influential musical figure of all time.
wait wut?

Can anyone more in the know recommend some stuff similar to Brahms' 2nd symphony? I think its fucking amazing but I don't know what I'm talking about.

No

this was just dumb

>Sup Forums trying to discuss classical

>Good work Classical
Classical didn't do anything, one guy btfo'd himself
>Actually good French music
He was Polish lmao

Anyways, I don't really understand. Yeah, it's a shitty piece, but Chopin was romantic. That was a baroque fugue. Clearly he was out of his element when he wrote it. And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Chopin not want any of his unreleased work published after he died? I wouldn't want this thing published either.

Just because he wrote one shitty fugue doesn't mean he was a shitty composer

Bach > Mozart > Beethoven > Schubert > Mendelssohn > Brahms

GOAT

Steibelt > Kalkbrenner > Burgmuller > Salieri >Ravel > Boulez

Anyone who likes Chopin (shitpin) needs to grow up. Debussy made him irrelevant.
Mozart sucks too.

Grimes > Beethoven > Bach > Mozart > Brahms > Schubert > Mendelssohn

>Debussy made him irrelevant.
it's like saying Schoenberg made Wagner irrelevant
stfu

People like who are cancer in classical music discussion.

I'm on your side, but was that really the best reaction image you have for laughing? Why not this one?

Yes it is.

what I have always found impressive about mozart is his output. He died at 35 creating 41 symphonies. Most composers make about 10 living much longer and healthier lives

Cringe

Good

There's a reason he is sometimes called "the father of music"

i was about to make the argument that mozart is really the only classical musician i can relate to as a modern live fast die young rockstar, but then again i dont know shit about classical music

>
>Not only are you from reddit, you also ask to be spoonfed and act entitled about it.
t. someone who cares about coolclub shit

anyone else here practically live in all 32 of beethoven's piano sonatas
also how do schubert's compare iyo cuz i'm gonna listen to them for the first time soon

Wagner >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest