Hiphop is at its best when its not focusing on tryhard "lyrical miracle" technical raps...

hiphop is at its best when its not focusing on tryhard "lyrical miracle" technical raps, and instead focuses on the music. And this album proves it, along with any kanye record

outta of all the hiphop albums that put an emphasis on "bars", only 2% of them aren't complete shit. And even then listening to a self-indulgent nigger trying to tell you the ways of the world is only bearable for a few songs at a time

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aZozC4waJso
youtube.com/watch?v=AULG4MoYxQk
youtube.com/watch?v=jfFTT3iz740
youtube.com/watch?v=oasfi6EDhqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hahaha you don't think lyrics matter? What are you some dumb trap fan who likes Young Thug (YOUNG FAG) and Future (PAST)? Sheep like you make me laugh. I only listen to rappers who are super lyrical and really make you think, like Hopsin and Tech N9ne. Hip-Hop is about lyrics and ONLY about lyrics.

Well the best albums of all time are bizarre ride ii and 36 chambers so you're not wrong

this,
the original chronic was a masterpiece of sampling

36 Chambers has insanely technical lyrics, but Liquid Swords is better because it has better beats

I mean 36 chambers is fun, just like bizarre ii. Hardly tryhard

lyrics don't matter I only care about flow.

Biggie could have been talking about how many daddy's dicks he was sucking forever for all I give a shit.

And ODB makes that fucking album. Nobody can harmonize or emote like him anymore.

youtube.com/watch?v=aZozC4waJso

Wu Tnag was the best thing to ever happen to hiphop. Even tho most of tbe beats on 36 chambers were lofi as fuck, it's still astonishing every time to watch these dudes pass the mike like a hot potato, each with their own unique style but also a collective sort of New York drawl to it. RZAs fast and calculated rhymes, GZAs cerebral raps on science and chess, Method Mans loose, fun slurred stories, ODBs ridiculously entertaining style.
And the HOOKS

BRING THE MUTHAFUCKIN RUCKUS
WU TANG KILLA BEES, WE IN A SWARM
CLAN IN DA FRONT
WU WU WU WU WU WU
WU TANG CLAN AINT NOTHIN TO FUCK WIT
M E T H O D MAAAN
CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME CREAM GET THE MONEY, DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL

STRAIGHT FROM THE SLUMS OF SHAOLIN
KILLA BEES IN A SWARM
YALL JUST BEEN TAKEN THRU THA 36 CHAMBERS OF DEATH KID
WORD TO YA MOTHER

young thug is unirnocally good tho

Lol Young Fag isn't good because he uses autotune and doesn't say shit that really makes you think. Also, he makes trap music and all trap music is bad.

>only listen to rappers who really make you think
>tech n9ne

nigger you can't be serious

If you want words that make you think read a fucking book thuggers use of tone and pitch are like no other rappers

Best hip-hop album ever made.
2nd is probably The Pharcyde - The Bizarre Ride II.

back to youtube tard

>thuggers use of tone and pitch are like no other rappers

Rappers aren't supposed to use tone and pitch. They are just supposed to make you think. There should be nothing that distracts the listener from the lyricism.

they're good because they have delivery and personality, and they now how to spit with attitude. That's why the people love Dre and Snoop so much. That's why Ice Cube's Vasline is so fucking vicious, because of that delivery. And that's why Eminem is complete garbage now even though he has the most technically impressive raps. Because it just sounds like he's fucking yelling the whole time.

any youtuber highscooler can go on and spit technical raps. It takes a true MC to rock a beat.

yeah fuck experimenting and pushing the boundaries of your genre

>Liquid Swords is better than Enter the 36 Chambers
I hate people like you, no it wasn't

Yes it was because GZA is a good lyricist and that's all that matters.

>shitposting? I LOVE shitposting!

No not really your opinion is stupid and so are you.
GZA isn't even the best lyricist of the Clan lmao you are thinking of GFK or even INS

If GZA isn't the best lyricist in the Wu, then why is it #6 on RYM?

>rateyourmusic
oh now I get it, I am being trolled

so true. it's hilarious when hardcore hip-hop fans talk about how "deep" and "poetic" Kendrick Lamar and Nas and whoever are. like holy shit, clearly you have never read a good book in your life if you find their lyrics impressive.

I BOMB ATOMICALLY
SOCRATES PHILOSOPHIES AND HYPOTHESES
CAN'T DEFINE HOW I BE DROPPING THESE MOCKERIES

have you tried reading DOOM's lyrics? moreover do you follow every single one of his references and metaphors? I would doubt it if you said yes

All DOOM does is talk about nerd shit and monster movies.

How did it take you so long to figure that out. It was obvious from the first comment

so I will take that as a no

it absolute is/was

I only listen to REAL hip hop, fuck outta here with that fake ass wack shit, shit is straight GARBAGE

smdh

do people who find Kendrick and Nas poetic listen to stuff like doseone, WHY? and Mike Ladd? that stuff is genuine poetry

Hip hop is at its best when combined with gentle/classical/jazz music.
youtube.com/watch?v=AULG4MoYxQk
youtube.com/watch?v=jfFTT3iz740
youtube.com/watch?v=oasfi6EDhqg