What's something that you really think could be improved in modern life?

What's something that you really think could be improved in modern life?

I'm electrician and I always wonder why we don't just use DC electricity, as AC has 20% loss from the power plant to our homes, guaranteed.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Why-is-alternating-current-better-for-long-distance-power-transmission-than-direct-current
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

a real electrician already knows the answer, and it dates back to Edison.

Enjoi having giant transformers everywhere.

Real talk, I wish we had little snow machines (like icemakers) in bathrooms so people could wipe their asses with snow. Snow gets you sooooo clean.

dates back to the grid being set up and step up/down capability of each

overall DC is still better

I don't know the exact answer but I know AC won out as far as powering our homes is concerned because it uses a higher voltage and thus can be transferred longer distances from the plant to the residence

Please go back to school lol DC for the grid 100 stations later we can get power from 300 miles away

No, retards.

quora.com/Why-is-alternating-current-better-for-long-distance-power-transmission-than-direct-current

i dont understand why we still use above ground powerlines when there are places actively using underground powerlines and not suffering with power loss when the weather decides to throw a shit fit

Line of bullshit transmission loses are very very very high ever hear of super conductors iirc lose from plant to home can be 50%

>AC is much easier (therefore cheaper) to step up and down in voltage than DC, and can be done more efficiently (typcially, currently) than the much more expensive and complex DC step-up/step-down systems

Step-up step down systems aka TRANSFORMERS, per my response to op

Costs more money much harder to find problems she you have them greater transmission loses than aerial

No DC needs to take the power from the plant and transport it to the use location ac just moves electrons back and forth like tug of war to make it simple

AC current is better to charge up the vibrators all you fags stick up your ass.

superconductors are like 1% loss over 1 million km

Ya if line loses were as low as everyone says here we would not need superconductors

You are a electrician and don't know this?
They tried this before out grandparents where born. DC doesn't work well for long range transmission.

I'm thinking this is a clever bait.

this is now a mike pence bred

If you bury the lines, maintenance on them is difficult

If you hang the lines you can see when shit goes wrong

chedk

You're an electrician and this is the question you're stuck with? Kill yourself.

because your shit is weak nigga

im a straight up g you bitch ass nigga

papa tes in the place nigga

all you can do now is suck my dick nigga

I wish we could just leave contacts in, why hasn't that been invented?

Ok, I'll say it.... You pic was drawn by someone who doesn't understand transverse and longitudinal waves.
You've got a bigger problem in not understanding DC's attenuation over distance vs AC's.

Weak
Ass
Place
Dick

Rhyme scheme analysis
A
B
C
D

Grade: F