How pleb is my local "alternative" publication?

How pleb is my local "alternative" publication?

Other urls found in this thread:

wweek.com/music/2017/04/04/the-last-of-the-radiohead-hot-takes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

inb4 "but they're right though"

kid a > httt = amnesiac > the rest

in rainbows is still their best record

kid a is third while amsp lies dominant in second

Radiohead isn't even good so who gives a shit.

in rainbows is horribly overrated and too tumblr friendly to be anywhere above 5th place

>Tumblr friendly
What does that even mean

15 Step was in Twilight
Bodysnatchers and House of Cards were their most heavily played songs on FM Radio in the US since Creep
it's the most accessible to the Mumford & Sons/Bon Iver/Vampire Weekend/Arcade Fire crowd

get real

>accessible=bad

friendly reminder that the members of Radiohead don't see themselves as avant garde and so thrusting that expectation on them is pretty autistic.

nobody outside of 16 year olds sees radiofart as avant garde

>>accessible = bad
reading comprehension

I disagree with almost everything they said but this still made me laugh

lmao whoever wrote this needs to fucking chill out

New copypasta?
>We get it—you're "artsy." You too felt the weight of expectations as they crushed Thom Yorke in the wake of OK Computer. You're over "rock 'n' roll" and believe the future of music lies elsewhere. These are all defensible arguments, but the fact you're using Radiohead's fourth-best record as your fulcrum immediately razes whatever high ground you stand on. "It's a minimalist masterpiece!" you exclaimed the first time the girl with the bad tattoos at your college town's bagel shop made you give it a spin. In that Kid A has two songs that barely even qualify as songs, I suppose you're right. But have you experienced firsthand the synchronized convulsing that drugged-out festival crowds engage in when the band kick-starts the latter half of its set with "Idioteque"? Aphex Twin and Brian Eno—the IDM and ambient pioneers you inevitably glommed on to based on critics' suggestions after Kid A "blew their minds" back in 2000— would look upon this level of wookery with shame. It's assumed you've moved on to harder, more "challenging" shit like Lightning Bolt and Prurient by now. But if defending this album's electronic gobbledygook is still your life's work, give John Mayer's cover of the title track a listen and have a seat when you realize how much better it is than the original

Wow that's embarrassing

Very pleb. Kid A is my favorite Radiohead album and I don't even think it's that great

cosigned.

>john mayer's cover is better than the original
what a finale wow straight up trash how did they get that job

Top laff

I posted comment :)
wweek.com/music/2017/04/04/the-last-of-the-radiohead-hot-takes/

Lmao. Jesus christ.
Shouldn't you be in your room listening to progressive dream funk or something?

lol i wonder how inexperienced someone has to be to think that kid a is inaccessible or artsy.

it's literally electronic pop music for the most part.

best radiohead

>as in Kid A has only two songs that really qualify as songs
cringe

He said "has two songs that barely qualify as songs"

bump

kek, this is actually pretty funny

it's not that bad but I do think it is definitely overrated. I'd put it top three for them still