I know that Sup Forums can't solve this, because you're a bunch of degenerates

I know that Sup Forums can't solve this, because you're a bunch of degenerates.

Put down your mountain dew and prove that you have strong mind.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/G-6QU5pPSfs
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand's_box_paradox#/search
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

50% ya faggot

1/3

50% faggot

fiddy fiddy ya cunt

You are a dumb motherfucker man.

Explain your reasoning?

monty hall problem jajajajaja

1/3

Don't do it user, let him stew.

That's with three hallways and removing one after picking. That's not the same problem at all fag.

If one of them is already heads, then its just a coin flip ya cunt

It either happens or it doesn't.

So if I throw a coin and it lands on heads....there is a 1/3 chance that the second coin I'll throw after that is heads too?

You fuckers are beyond retarded, how quickly would you be fooled in a street bet?

faggot

If one of them has landed heads, the probabilty of the other one landing is 51%, as per regular coin toss.

You a pussy ass bitch, I told you to let them niggers figure it out on their own.

Shhh, now they know I wasn't lying to fool the dumbasses

No, there is a difference between:
T H
H T
They are seperate instances, they are collectively more likely to occur than a H H.

I still can't buy stuff

> So if I throw a coin and it lands on heads....there is a 1/3 chance that the second coin I'll throw after that is heads too?

That's not the question being asked. read again

Every time I see you in my Catalog, you fat, unkempt, disgusting excuse of a "man", I want to reach through the monitor and shoot you. As in, murder you with a fucking pistol.

You are everything wrong with humanity. You are an affront to everything humans strive for. You are a disgrace to those who pushed themselves mentally, physically and emotionally beyond what they thought was possible, to achieve heights never before reached in their chosen endeavour.

I hate you. I literally hate you. Why don't you fucking kill yourself?

Nice drawing faggot, let me explain why you are wrong.

Imagine the 'guaranteed' head was the first coin. Then the odds are:
H H
H T

In which case there's a 1/2 chance of both getting heads.

If the second coin was the guaranteed heads, the options are:
H H
T H

In which case there's STILL a 50% chance of getting two heads.

So the odds are 1/2

Doesn't matter, if one of them is 100% heads, the second is a coin flip, and if the second one turns out to be heads then you already failed, so it's still 50/50 ya dumbass motherfucker

fresh pasta?

Nope. Imagine you throw 2 coins 100 times.
You will get:
H H : 25 times
T H : 25 times
H T : 25 times
T T : 25 times

Since you KNOW that in this particular instance, at least 1 coin was heads, you can scrap the T T.

That leaves an equal 25/75 chance for every other scenario to occur, so there's a 1/3 chance to get H H.

Go back to your elementary school math hour ya dumbass, and learn to draw

1/3.

potential choices:
coin 1 heads coin 2 tails
coin 1 heads coin 2 heads
coin 1 tails coin 2 tails
coin 1 tails coin 2 heads
All options have equal chances of occurring as is noted by the "regular coin" bit, implying fair chance.

Discard the both tails option (fulfilling requirement of "given that at least one of them landed heads") - you are left with 3 equally probabilistic results, of which only 1 is both heads.

Therefore, p(both coins=heads) = 1/3. QED.

If it helps, visualize one coin as a quarter and one as a nickel, and treat them as separate entities. It works the same even if they are indistinguishable, but for the sake of demonstration, distinguishing them can help.

You are implying that you throw the second, unknown coin AFTER it's been confirmed that at least one of the heads is coin. That's not the case.

Dude, 33.33:66.66 is 1/3 not 25:75 ya dumbass motherfucker

The Euro doesn't have heads.

Just bottoms

youtu.be/G-6QU5pPSfs

I don't think you can split it up, because now you have 2 times 'HH'.

It is a single throw of two coins with at least one being heads, so there are three possible outcomes:
HT
TH
HH

Obviously, chance of HH is 1/3.

1/3 and 25/75 are the exact same thing faggot.

Its 75% !!!

TH and HT would both result in the phrase 'At least one of them in heads', so they are counted together.

The second coin is either heads or tails, and this happens as a seperate instance, previous throws have no influence over the second coin. It's an independent action.

So 50% that that one is heads too.

If you know that the coins are fair and the tosses are independent, and if the "given at least 1 head" is strictly interpreted (you know that, and just that), your answer is correct. A priori (without the additional "at least 1 head" condition), you had four equiprobable cases. The condition removes one of the four possible cases, but does not say anything more (hence the three remaining cases remain equiprobable). Hence, the probability of the case "2-heads" is 1/3.

>I don't think you can split it up, because now you have 2 times 'HH'.
>I don't think you can split it up
>I don't think

Yeah you seem really sure about yourself. Maybe you should let the intelligent people do the thinking.

100%
The heads side of the coin is heaver than the tails, making it impossible for the coin to land with the heads side facing up.

Facts given:
>two were flipped
>one landed heads (100% prob)
>the other landed heads (50% prob) or tails (50% prob)

Were only flipping one coin. First coin is always heads. So ww need the probbability of two coins being heads after one is always heads! If one is already always heads....

Does chaos theory apply to this?
What side did the coin start on?
Is it a cheap coin? can it flip?
What are the chances it lands on its rim?
What's the calculation of air resistance during the flip?

Your fat ass is heavier than your head as well, does that mean if you jump of a cliff, you cannot reach the bottom headfirst?

Stupid fuck.

Also, since no information is given, you can assume they are standard untampered coins.

Its all going cashless m80
there is no chance € will land anywhere after the union falls apart.

The heavier side always falls to the bottom. It is impossible for a coin to naturally land on tails

Straightforward Bayes Theorem. P(heads|one is heads) = (.5²)/(.75) = .33333. So 1/3.

stats minor here

>Does chaos theory apply to this?
That applies to anything, so yes.

>What side did the coin start on?
Probably heads, so the viewer could check the value.

>Is it a cheap coin? can it flip?
The intrinsic value is 22 eurocents. The market value is 1 euro. It can flip.

>What are the chances it lands on its rim?
Same chance as you receiving a rim job from Emma Watson.

>What's the calculation of air resistance during the flip?
The experiment takes place in a vacuum.

Two coins are flipped, one is heads.
Basically you can get rid of the first heads, and the question would practically be:

'What's the chance this 1 coin will land on heads?'

Then it becomes obvious that the answer is 50%. The first coin doesn't matter, it's a trick question.

you guys make me sick. calculate it

.25/.75 = 1/3

0% because no one uses real fucking money anymore jesus christ dude how fucking old are you

>stats minor
>too stupid to link to his own post

50 percent bitch

No they are not. Since they are two independent coins, HT and TH are considered different possible outcomes. Given "at least one is heads" means we only remove the possible outcome of TT. So we have three possible outcomes, HH, HT, and TH. Only one outcome out of the possible three gives two heads, so it is 1/3.

This is and has been discussed to death by actual mathematicians, with intense reasoning and arguing on both sides for a very long time. Read up on boy-girl paradox, Bertrands box, or Monty hall problem. All are along the same idea. The given information changes the situation, and the correct answer goes against your intuition. Hey here are some links to make it easier! But no one will read or care and still keep arguing on this forever though. That's why these are such good threads.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_or_Girl_paradox
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bertrand's_box_paradox#/search
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem

Who wants more pocket mons?

if one landed up on face then it is out of the equation. your left with one coin that is heads or tails which means theres a 50 percent chance of it being heads. at this point its only one coin

>Monty Hall problem

Good thing you brought it up. The answer to the monty hall problem is 50%. Thanks for making a fool of yourself.

p=0.5

Next?

Read this:
I can't make it any simpler for you faggot.

No you fucking autistic bastard. It either happens or it doesn't. That's it. There's nothing more to it. If you can't get this through your head then you have mental issues.

You have just proven that you are a dingus who doesn't understand the problem or question being asked.

weak b8 is weak

I meant to link

Finally someone who's not retarded.

that's not how this works. that's not how any of this works.

c1 = 100%
c2 = 50%
probability = (c1/c2)^2

4 outcomes, 00 01 10 11, each 0.25 probability, however 00 is out. So the remaining 3 have each 1/3 probability. Out of these only 11 qualifies, so it's 1/3.

>4 outcomes, 00 01 10 11, each 0.25 probability
>each 0.25 probability

T H and H T both have 0.50 probability
That leaves 1 - 0.50 = 0.50 probability for H H.

It's 75%. Half (50%) has already landed and is guaranteed. The other 50% is split into a 50/50 chance of landing. Half of 50 is 25. So that would be a 75% chance.

What the French fuckery are you saying

H T
T H
HH

1/3 what is that? Hurrr durrr I'm a millenial who can't math

head tails you fucking imbecile

Considering these are Euros, the Jews/EU will take the other coin anyway.

Team A: It's 1/2
Team B: It's 1/3
This faggot: It's 75% guys! Hodor

Not even making since you autist

You can't ignore the T T just because it's not valid. It still covered a 1/4 chance on the initial throw. You can't just remove outcomes when it's convenient for you.

You can when the problem states there is a heads you inbred retarded piece of shit, are you still in school?

One possibility has already happened.

You can and do when it's given that at least one came up heads. It's not asking for probability before the throw, it is asking after, when you are being told that TT did not happen.

Chronologically:
1. The throw happened, each outcome 1/4 chance.
2. The 'announcer' claims at least 1 coin is heads.

Since the throw happens BEFORE the statement, that means every scenario was taken into consideration already. That 1/4 doesn't vanish retroactively, what's in the past cannot be changed.

1/2 you stupid fucking bunch of cunts, accept it

We aren't talking about before the statement you fucking idiot. Have you ever had a math word problem, learn to read. They eliminated tails tails. Are you fucking b8in m8?

Prove it.

No matter how many times you flip a coin, it will always have a 50% chance of landing heads. 5 coin flips that land heads in a row is just as likely as 5 coinflips that land as heads, heads, tails, heads, tails.

You cockadoodle cunt, it doesn't said heads was flipped first hence it saying given one of them landed heads. Could be any fucking order

HH
TH
HT

1/3 autist millenial

Now this is autism volume 200

Each coin is 50% to land on heads, but it's 33% that both are heads. How you ask? Well there's a 33% chance of two tails, 33% chance of two heads, and a 33% chance of one head and one tail. Anyone who says anything else is retarded.

You fucking nigger, I spent a day in college learning this shit, fuck off.

You are missing
3. The question is asked.

There are only three possible outcomes since 2. removed the TT outcomes. Only one is HH. 1/3.

>what is the probability that both landed heads given that one has landed heads
Can you fucking read?

Yes because if you throw 100 coins in the air the probability doesn't change by amount of coin vs result. Better get a refund on that education you inbred piece of shit

Seriously are you guys retarded
the set is {HH,HT,TH,TT}
required both heads HH
so 1/3 as fourth is all tails

Seriously are you guys retarded
the set is {HH,HT,TH,TT}
required both heads HH
so 1/3 as fourth is all tails

You spent all day in college learning that the odds of head or tails in a coin flip is 50-50? You went to a special college didn't you? Also, the answer to this question is 1/3.

Can you fucking read? It doesn't say that one was flipped first.

Flip two coins (no tails tails)

Coin one heads and coin two tails
Coin one head and coin two heads
Coin one tails and coin two heads

Are you fucking that dumb?

This thread is incompetent

YOU FUCK BOYS
IF ONE IS GUARANTEED TO BE HEADS ITS AS
IF BOTH SIDES OF THAT COIN IS HEADS SO
ITS DEPENDENT ON THE OTHER COIN WHICH IS ASSUREDLY 50 50 CHANCE

>Are you retarded
Posts the same thing twice

SeeYou god damn inbred fuck

>m8?
Too all these fuckers who think it's 1/3.

Here's the same problem except more tangable (it doesnt require abstract thinking, so it's easier for you morons)

SEE PIC

When you get pregnant, there's a fifty/fifty chance of getting a boy or girl. If you know the first was a girl, what's the gender of the second child?

YOU STILL DONT KNOW. The chance of gettinga boy or girl is still 50%, it's a seperate event.

If you admit that the solution to pic related is 50%, you should also admit that that's the solution for the coin problem, because it's exactly the same.

If you still think it's 1/3, then you admit that you think a mother of a baby girl has a 1/3 chance of getting another baby girl when she gets pregnant again, when it's obviously 1/2.