LMAO

LMAO

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wzMgCeVmQ-4
youtube.com/watch?v=YtlXkJGKwao
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Heh, nothin personnel kiddo

The biggest surprise here is that it ever won an emmy.

Poor Noah

The issue is that he wasn't a political comedian. He was just a regular comedian who didnt care that much about US politics, and then he fucked it all up

By trying to bring politics into his comedy, instead of making politics funny, he made his comedy unfunny

Five years from now he'll be the new JUST

>pander exclusively to liberals
>affirmative hire black guy with no delivery
>wonder why your shit sucks

noah is a fucking asshole , he talks down on every as if africa is so good, hes worse then john oliver with his "really america" bullshit

>comedy central when

It's an election year, and you notice how The Daily Show is completely fucking irrelevant?

RACISM

I never liked Trevor's comedy style.

I remember I fell asleep during one of his specials because literally all his jokes were more or less

Africa is like this...

and america is like this... culture shock amirte?

yep
remember in 2012 how every peep out of colbert/stewart's mouth would end up on the front page of le rebbit but have yet to see any daily show related shit pop up

Shame! It's like another Noah!

I guess smug African face can't compete with smug Jew face

Why didn't they hire John olivier? This African dude can't carry the show.

Snagged by HBO first.

I don't think anybody gives a shit anymore. colbert isn't getting ratings either.

I'm guessing HBO was a better offer than Comedy Central.

Oliver is obnoxious, but his Daily Show would've been 1000X better than Noah's.

cause jon hit both sides, and tried to be as lease bias as possible. (even though most of the time he was far left)

So can CC just not cancel him and Wilmore.

I mean its not like anyone is watching.

I unironically like him more than John Stewart. He's less of a dumb smug liberal and I like his stories from Africa.

This, I genuinely like his standup but his hosting is sooooo bland.

conceded. He's still not funny.

Miss me yet?

Stephen Colbert as a caricature of Bill O'Reilly was hilarious.

Stephen Colbert as Stephen Colbert? Not so much.

Neither was Jon Stewart though.

cus he got fucked over and his old writers got the axe I think.

Was this nig nog show nominated?

youtube.com/watch?v=yy7GOO7Y96Y

Then what would they have? South Park?

Something is better than nothing.

Wilmore, astoundingly, is even LESS funny than Noah. The Nightly Show is going to get canceled any day now.

>Something is better than nothing.
It isn't when nobody is watching the nothing. Hire some better hosts for one.

Broad City, motherfucker.

How did he get fucked over? He knew he would never be allowed to play that character on The Late Show but he took the job anyways. When he's not satirizing he's just not funny.

I know that's a joke, but it's not a funny one.

With the political climate right now, and who these shows pander to already, replacing them could be a PR disaster.

>culture shock amirte?
I know, in Africa men rape infants to try and cure themselves of AIDS but in America you guys have to PAY TO SEE A DOCTOR. Why do you put up with that?

Every day Mr. Leibowitz

Didn't he make a buffoon of himself at the White House Correspondents Dinner?

he was on opie and anthony once and he was terrible off the cuff, really bad

Told Obama he was his "nigga". He's too white to do that, first of all, and no one should be referring to the POTUS as "nigga" in the first place. It made everyone uncomfortable and he looked like a fool.

>Why didn't they hire John olivier
Wasn't John Oliver a literal who D-List British talk show host before he got his gig?

Why would they hire him?

He's also 50.

Obama, too. Fucking ponce.

Christ. I don't care if you replace it with an 'a', you don't call the President a nigger.

At least not to his face. Tact.

Because Oliver signed his deal with HBO before Stewart left

Colbert's show was actually run by Jon Stewart (he was the producer for both shows), that's why he's flopping so badly on his own.

youtube.com/watch?v=wzMgCeVmQ-4

It's really awful...

I still miss Craig Kilborn tbqhwy famalam

Cancel them and try something new. You don't just keep a show running when nobody is watching.

>Wasn't John Oliver a literal who D-List British talk show host before he got his gig?
No.

Oliver was the best of the "new" daily show corespondents (ie. not colbert, carrel, cordury, helms, etc.) and was 2nd after Stewart for a number of years. He even filled in as host for months while Stewart directed a movie.

He probably would have been given the show but signed with HBO instead.

>and no one should be referring to the POTUS as "nigga" in the first place
>implying POTUS means anything symbolically after President "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon" Selfie made an absolute mockery out of the office

The shittiest thing is to watch him shill Comedy Central's agenda. It's brutally apparent he doesn't give a fuck.

Why can't political satire be political satire? Why does it have to be "lol fuck democrats" or "lol fuck republicans".

Wilmore will probably get canned soon enough, but The Daily Show is a brand, and canceling it for something brand new would be a risk.

Problem is, could you imagine the stink Noah could cause if the execs tried to pressure him to leave?

I guess it's supposed to be some misguided attempt at solidarity, but the President is the First Citizen. He stands for all of his constituents, not just those of his race.

>If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon
Black people confirmed for all looking alike?

>foreigner criticizing their adopted country
>doesn't get nominated for award
then why does it work for John Oliver?

>best
Jason Jones was much better than Oliver

No he got fucked over because he was told he could move over to the tonight show and keep his writers.

He kept em for a while but then some exec axed em for some other crew or whatever as a favor to a friend and fucked over Colbert.

Now he is working with shit writers and his show is mediocre at absolute best.

He hates his job now.

didn't noah commonly make fun of jews before joining the daily show? i'd imagine a lot of his humor is cut back so the liberal overlords are pleased

John Oliver shits on Britain though. Noah thinks South Africa is great, or would be if they got rid of the whites.

It can't be anything but partisan satire because producers and ratings

Is there a vid?

Let me start by saying I fucking hate reddit. But god damn, did I feel sorry for Bill Nye for putting up with that fucking bullshit.

Say what you will, but I have actually laughed at John Oliver's stuff.

It doesn't always hit, but he's hit at least enough for me to understand the appeal. Noah and Wiltmore just aren't funny enough.

>emmy being worth something
Lmao
>the jews nominating a show with a non-jewish host
In your dreams maybe
Lmao

I have never heard this guy speak before, he's more nasally and white sounding than any white person I've ever seen outside of nerd stereotypes.

>could you imagine the stink Noah could cause if the execs tried to pressure him to leave?
Very little. He was totally unknown by mainstream America before getting hired and was only known for mediocre standup among those who did recognize his name

What's going to happen? Will people boycott the highly anticipated new season of South Park because a floundering host got the boot?

Nah, Stewart pandered only to liberals and the show was consistently good day in and day out.

>no delivery
that's the key. Being from South Africa, his way of speaking is obviously not an American style, which affects you when you're trying to deliver jokes.

Personality was also a factor for me. I used to watch TDS religiously, but dropped it shortly after Noah took over. Stewart had been doing the show (or something similar) for decades. It felt like he knew members of Congress personally (some of whom he actually did know because of interviewing them multiple times), and he was following the ins and outs of American politics for so long that he could bring a great deal of context to the issues of the day. Noah comes off as a foreigner who doesn't really get it, and is just an SJW mouthpiece for hack hipster writers. He was chosen because of his race and his age, at least that's the way it seems

A brand that nobody is watching. If a show is getting shit ratings advertisers get hesitant about paying for ad slots. If advertisers pull out they'll cancel that shit.

It's simple demagoguery, user, or what's been the single facet of every peace time election.

Liberals and conservatives only want to hear about how the other is a goddamn buffoon.

The moderates of both parties would sooner embrace their extreme ends than come to terms with each other, because of how deep their partisan allegiances tie them to a name.

see

Let's be honest if Noah where white or american he would be getting an emmy,

>John Oliver

Fucking hell, I'm glad we got rid of him and sent him to America, it's a shame Piers Morgan didn't stay over there too though.

The Daily show's audience are primarily liberal, and the public eye right now is focused on racal tension with blacks. It's just something that's happening.

If Noah got removed, and even left an inkling that it could race related, the backlash could be bad.

There'd also be the concern over who they'd replace him with. If it's a white guy, Noah wouldn't even have to say anything.

>why does it work for John Oliver?
Because despite being unfunny 75% of the time and repeating all his jokes he has the ability to be entertaining.

He also captures that same sense of solidarity that Stewart did (shit's fucked: WE need to fix this because it's OUR problem)

Also despite being British he's decidedly American. Has citizenship, lived in the US for over a decade, and married to an Iraq war veteran.

Noah came in out of nowhere and 90% of his jokes are "Wow America thinks its so great but it's so fucked up. You guys sure do look stupid when I cherry pick things"

>If Noah or his writers were funny
Ftfy

I wonder what he'll do when SA finally descends into total chaos.

his standup was pretty bland DESU

>The Daily show's audience are primarily liberal
Their audience is primarily non-existent

It's not just not winning awards. It has terrible ratings too

>Daily Show audience
They're not watching this shit either. That's the problem for Comedy Central. They keep pandering to the left, but even they aren't watching this crap anymore. I can't imagine trying to write for an audience that is so incredibly easy to offend.

>crowd eats it up
>obama takes it in stride
>no negative reaction whatsoever contained in this video

you guys really overhyped me on that one

Is it really that much of a shock when the punchline to all of his jokes are "BECAUSE WHITE PEOPLE AM I RIGHT LMAO"

Is Tosh.0 still a thing?

>it's only political satire if you make the exact same amount of jokes about both parties, because both parties do exactly the same amount of make-funnable things and the personalities in both parties are just as goofy

yeah, why would you even mention Trump or Ted Cruz or Ben Carson or Sarah Palin, when you have a perfectly fine Martin O'Malley to goof on right there?

Political comedy is usually garbage

The thing is, they've already made a statement by replacing both Stewart and Colbert with black guys.

They tried to be progressive, and they failed to make gains on it, but they've already dug their heels in. Comedy Central is in bed with the exact types that would eat them alive if they decided to back down from things.

It's a fuck up, but I think it's a fuck up they can't easily get out of.

It's gonna have to be a gradual thing. I see Wilmore getting the can within the next year or two, and Noah going for a few more, before deciding he wants to "move on".

JUST

They did it extremely well when Stewart was the host. And yes they cater to leftist views, but the real strength of TDS was that they called out idiocy and hypocrisy wherever it existed, it never felt like a Tumblr circlejerk

Hillary Clinton is a thousand times more a lolcow than Trump is if you actually watch her speeches and shit. Shes Jeb Bush level cringe.

youtube.com/watch?v=YtlXkJGKwao

They absolutely refuse to milk her tho hmmm wonder why

You make valid points, but ultimately it comes down to money. If the shows aren't bringing in an audience and money CC will cut those hacks loose, and try something new. They'll deal with the leftist backlash that will last a week before they all forget and move onto something new.

That's because the left has just gotten that much more into identity politics in the last couple of years. It wasn't as bad just a few years ago.

Honestly, I hate the Nightly Show with a passion, but Wilmore did have some seniority. I don't know if they offered it to Samantha Bee or Jason Jones, but they could've done better. I think Samantha actually has her own show now, but I've never seen it.

I have no idea why they hired Noah, other than his age and race though

Stewart had the luxury of mostly doing the show when Bush was the potus. Same with Colbert.

Liberal hosts sucking hard when theyre essentially the establishment now.

Does he actually do this? Any montage video? I barely watch his show.

And they won't touch her.

Their agenda is now more important than their comedy, hence the 0 Emmy nominations.

Jon Stewart was in the exact same boat.

If 9/11 didn't happen he probably wouldn't have turned so hard to politics.

Noah really is quite boring though, he tries to do the silly voice thing but it just comes off as desperate and not at all his style. It doesn't help that the well's run dry on correspondents and they're coasting of that fucking Williams bitch and her white boytoy every night.

Noah actually had a little experience hosting a show like this in South Africa for a short time, I'm sure that factored into their decision.

yeah there's some truth in that, but I also think it's an age thing. The people that went through high school and college watching Stewart were the older millennials and they dropped the show when Noah came along.

Now the younger part of this generation doesn't have an attachment to the show and there isn't enough quality comedy/satire in the show to build a new fanbase

>both houses of Congress controlled by strong Republican majorities
>liberals are the establishment

also, Trump would have been more than enough fodder for Stewart and Colbert. It's more about the lack of talent, than the political climate

Also people keep ranting about ratings, but every show on fucking television is being watched less and less because of the internet.

This, holy shit. Trump is, or has been, comedy gold from start to finish. It should be like shooting fish in a barrel, and they've STILL got nothing. It's pretty pathetic.

Honestly, his biggest problem is that he's too good looking. His satire/sarcasm just comes off as smug.

Chud looking guys like Stewert or Oliver "look" the part. Noah comes off as the douchey jock in high school.

I was watching Stewart since bush era and I dropped both him and colbert when they became husks of their former selves. For Colbert it started around 2010 and was finalized when he did that USO show, for stewart it came on a little later.

Both of them by the end were devoting a solid 33% of each episode to corporate Synergy TM.

Also, the age is an issue. Jon Stewart was like a knowledgeable middle aged guy that had been covering politics for a long time (Oliver too, to a lesser extent). Noah is like a guy reading a script of bad jokes about people and issues he doesn't understand or care about.

Plus, they added a bunch of millennial correspondents to both shows. One or two on TDS are funny, but I haven't seen one good correspondent on Wilmore's show. If I wanted to listen to some 22 year old hipster douche with no comedic timing talk about issues he doesn't understand, I would go take a poli sci class at a community college

Willmore has some decent correspondents, it's just that Mike Yard or whatever his name is is the only correspondent in 90% of episodes.

Also, that guy who's like a higher up or some shit that also appears in every episode, probably because he's trying to do some self promotion.