Sup Forumsros why's my dragon flattening her self out when I let her sit on my dash to get that vitamin D (pic related)...

Sup Forumsros why's my dragon flattening her self out when I let her sit on my dash to get that vitamin D (pic related) is this normal or is she just retarded

Now she's on one arm but still sucking in her gut

>dragon
>no wings
gtfo

She is simply absorbing the maximum amount of sunlight because she is cold blooded.

she is normal but also retarded. if she escaped later on she wood die out in there as a young gun.

If this isn't a troll:

It's sun bathing. If you look at it's back, it's actually spreading it out to get the maximum amount of sun rays in order to stay warm. Their stomach subsequently flattens out in order to do so.

Nah, old or young, as long as an animal is domesticated, they wouldn't last in the wild unless they grew up in it to begin with.

OP she is underweight.

She's just getting some sunlight but looks like she's got some swagger doin so.

>not owning the most superior type of lizard, not owning an alligator lizard

Your a faggot right? Like you like taking it up the log cutter, no?

She was a rescue last owners burnt her back bad she's still healing she's about 6 months old

Poor thing. Hopefully you're giving it a better home. Try to use news paper, some safe heater pads, a varied, healthy diet, and all that other good stuff.

Mine was a rescue too, but I got it from a friend.

Two bad burnt marks on lower back and she has a under bite plus when she breaths she makes a pop sound

Thanks Sup Forumsro I've been doing everything to make her happy and I've got her in a nice setup

Are you just some guy who picked her up?

You seem to lack any experience.

Sort of I got a baby dragon a few months ago and once I returned to the pet store to pick up some crickets they told me about her and offered her to me so I took her off their hands and lucky they get along well (if licking each others ass's means they're getting alone well)

Okay. Well, make sure to get meal worms too.
Calcium powder is also a good idea to look into if you don't have vegetables that give them calcium.
The licking thing is normal. They do that for everything.
If they head bob, that is another way of communicating. Forgot what it means, but you can look it up.
How big are the aquariums?

If I remember the baby is in a 30 and the larger on is in a 60 and I have the calcium powder I'll some times mix some crickets in the powder plus in the cricket jar they have those little yellow jello balls of calcium feeder stuff

Okay, have you heard of super worms (for adults) and Phoenix worms (for babies)?

Yes but the pet stores I go to charge some extra fee cause they never have them in so they gotta order them

Mine's a rescue too

What is this? A civilized communication in Sup Forums? Holy fuck, I've lived up to see everything.

dont these things stink? i bet u have a lot of girls come over to see them amirite?

I hate bearded dragon owners like you, you don't even understand the basics of your pet and yet you buy it anyway. FUCK YOU take it to someone who knows what they are doing. Flattening is to absorb more light and is a sign they are comfortable nothing is wrong.

Is that the only pet store in your area?

Seriously, the one I rescued only had crickets to eat, and she was malnurourished.

Please think about whether you're willing to pay more to support two lizards, or if you should give back the rescue.

That an eastern pygmy bearded dragon?

I had one for 11 years, was the most boring pet- when it died i just threw it in the bin

She only stinks like once a week when she shits. The chicks dig 'em, too. It's always great to hear "can i touch your lizard?" From some girl I've never met in public

OP, in a way, I am kind thinking this. You should have done a lot more research before getting a lizard.

I'm being anal about this because my Gracie was the cutest beardies you might have every seen, and for a while, her life was good, but then her life eventually declined because oft mistakes.

Please don't let a young beardy, and an already harmed one suffer because of your naivety.

fuck aligator lizzards they smell.

Now OPs lizards looks badass, is it full grown?

Jeez calm down I've owned them for about 4 or 5 months now I did do a lot of research took me two years before actually getting one trust me I know what to do I just need help every now and then from people who have more experience

Because of mistakes due to me not researching.*

People mistreat lizards more because they don't think that they're equal to a dog or cat because they're not furry, or purr, so I can't stress enough that you rethink your decision if you're not willing to feed them the right stuff.

Also, make sure they're not strangers to water.

I'll emphasize this as well. Once every week or so, fill up a bath tub or Rubbermaid container with enough water so that they can still stand. Not hot, but not cold, a nice warm bath. They'll drink that shit while while they're in it and they love every second of it.

That doesn't make any sense. You figured out now that they spread their backs?

Where do live?

Are you a Europe fag?

I wish I could get an girdled armadillo lizard but they're threatened :(

No it's just 6 months old
I have a plastic needle that I use to feed them drops of water and I bath them every few weeks to help with shedding and that includes cleaning out there tanks of their shits and pisses plus refill their water bowl and pull out old dead skin
Sadly no I am full brown man from the America's

Listen to this user about the Rubbermaid, and try to invest in a better diet for them. They will need it.

I've saving up to start a farm of roaches and I've been looking for sites where I can buy worms but aren't to expensive

If Roaches, breed dubia roaches. They're the most commonly fed to bearded dragons, right next to crickets.

lizards stink a lot less than most pets bruh

That what I was thinking see told you fags I know what I'm doing I did 2 years of research before actually buying a dragon plus the 2ND one (the biggest one) was just handed to me outta no where and well I have the money to take care of them and did the research I decided to take her in

>wood die
u kidding me?

Rubbermaid containers are like $10 at Target or walmart. Doesn't have to be anything huge, but something your beardies will have room to roam in. My beardie, posted here and here
loves baths. Another thing- fresh fruit. They love fruits and veggies. Mine loves the shit out of raspberries and strawberries. Cut it small enough to fit in their mouths, then give it to em.

I have a few Rubbermaid's already and I know I just got back from the store got my beardies some blackberries, carrots, mango,and cantaloupe

The good rays wont shine through glass... make sure to get proper lighting with UVA+ UVB for good healthy lizard.