Okay, serious question. What do Radiohead fans think this has over it's other albums?

Okay, serious question. What do Radiohead fans think this has over it's other albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/07/spotify-thom-yorke-dying-corpse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

best lyrics, best riffs

Computers.

zeitgeist

Perfectly captures that feeling of loneliness and consumerism in the modern age without being too abstract like their later albums

it makes me think about the depression and anxiety that I diagnosed myself. Speaks to me.

i'm not that big on radiohead, and still this is the album i like the most. it has great songs, and it comes together nicely, i guess; as opposed to more cohesive albums that are just not that memorable in terms of melodies or themes. idk, just a quick opinion.

made me a little fag with bland taste

People who really like Radiohead usually prefer Kid A or In Rainbows more. OK Computer just sort of became patrician after it ended up on a lot of lists and because it's pretty good and accessible music

/thread

Paranoid Android is the greatest song ever made fight me

Better songwriting

the tourist is their best closer, johnny kills that solo

Electioneering is the weakest track.
Let Down is my go to depression song.

I dig The Bends more tho

Ok is about as cohesive as their other albums, especially lyrically. I'd say i like it most because of its theme/sound and because it has the strongest energy per track of all their albums

this plus

incredibly melodic
phenominal use of layered guitars/sounds, stereo panning is actually used well
guitar tones are perfect
fights in the loudness war without being brickwalled to fuck (see: In Rainbows)
each song is distinct yet consistent within the overall sound/theme of the album (electioneering possibly the one exception)
it's sequenced perfectly, each song flows into the next with a flawless choice of opener + closer in Airbag & The Tourist

I still think Kid A is slightly better overall but they're both fantastic

>theguardian.com/technology/2013/oct/07/spotify-thom-yorke-dying-corpse
>You can listen to Radiohead on Spotify
What did he mean by this?

The Bends and OKC are the only two Radiohead albums I enjoy. Others are overrated af especially KidA

Its the one that's most similar to all their other albums, similar to how wind up bird chronicle is peoples favorite murakami book because its most similar to all his other books or how those women with aggregate faces are more attractive than any individual women could be (see pic)
Another example I could think of in music is how revolver is the consensus best beatles album now.

this

>Too Abstract
That's a great way to say "I Don't get it"
Personally I find OK Computer to be THE angsty 90's indie rock with some great hooks, themes, and tonal guitar magic.
Kid A is their Experimental album where in the first time in their career Radiohead innovates the future of music combining elements of Art Rock w/IDM and also combining those magical guitar tones from OKC w/Magical Synth tones.
In Rainbows takes all these things, puts it in a blender and with the finest production ever layed to record (listen on Acid), plus showcases their most perfected songwriting to date (Bodysnatchers, Nude, All I Need) where the group chemistry is just on another level entirely, a level I have never heard in contemporary music.

From what I've listened to thoroughly:

OKC: 9.0/10
Kid A: 9.4/10
Amnesiac: 8.7/10
In Rainbows: 10/10
The King of Limbs: 8.9/10
Amok: 9.3/10
Tomorrow's Modern Boxes: 9.4/10
A Moon Shaped Pool: 10/10 (protip: might end up being their best album by the time the dust settles 15 years from now

>All I Need
No

>AMSP best

No

semiWORD

In Rainbows is the album with the best production but it has too many weak songs, Kid A is easily better. AMSP really is their best album

It has Paranoid Android and Karma Police