Why even go on

Why even go on

Is this a David Bowie biopic?

It's Power Rangers. Fucking reddshit scum.

What if it's [spoilers]lit[/spoilers]

You're feeling existential dread over a power rangers adaptation...?

The original was such cheese there's no possible way to make it good and still be true to the original. And if you dump the original, then no one will want to watch it, because people who liked the original won't want to see something new, and people who hated the original have no interest in seeing a remake of something they don't like.

See also, "Jem and the Holograms."

Anyway, the director is some retard and all the actors look generic so whatevs.

is this a thing now, where they no longer cast men that look like men?

ahah

Power Rangers is owned by the Jewiest Jew to have ever Jewed

Also it's a shitty show, why do you watch it?

Men never looked like men

Most Power Rangers fans are old enough to be parents now. I'm not sure they care if this new movie is accurate, just Nostalgic.

Autistic manchild fans already accept MMPR was an adaptation, so may see this out of curiosity.

We haven't seen the trailer to market to normies yet.

China.

>jewiest jew
>Haim Saban
>very Japanese

Are there a lot of Japanese Jews? I don't get out much.

>Japanese jews

The jews fear the samurai

Saban isn't Japanese.

He's Israeli. Does he look asian to you?

He's supposed to be a teenager.

>Why even go on
>the motto of Sup Forums

I recognize the desire to make it, Bayformers in no way looked like the cartoon but still somehow made a gazillion dollars. So I'm sure Saban thinks this is a cash cow.

I'm an oldfag so I watched it when it was on, as afternoon cheese. And why pay to see this when there's the dark & gritty short film with Dawson & Starbuck?

So?

Old Jason never looked like a teenager.
I liked the dark gritty one too, but I also like the idea of this semi serious teen grit reboot. It's not like it ruins the cheesy old low budget show that was so half assed some big fights still had Japanese stage hands in, or my childhood. It looks like a silly summer blockbuster.

he looks like a milksop, he should look like a jock

>Should
Why "should"?
Just because he did when you were little?
Even as a massive Power Rangers fan, I gotta say, "not muh power rangers" is autismal.

because red ranger is the leader and the leader is a big strong leading man not some weeny looking milk toast with an effeminate chin.

>milk toast
I'd double check that.
So you've been able to see his performance from a single still frame? Impressive.

Maybe you've been missing the leaks, but these rangers are average kids who struggle, not the flawless sues of childhood. We're going to see a red that grows to a leader, oh no, how terrible. Can't have charter arcs in Power Rangers unless its Tommy, right?

I feel like if you're angry about this you have failed at whatever life you were supposed to lead.

Shut up!! This isn't even Power Rangers.

Wait
Wait wait wait
Are they remaking the original team?
No, just
No
JUST
NO
Just make a new team!
The show does it every season!

This is a reboot for nostalgia bucks.

>Bryan Cranston as Zordon

Ay Ay Ayay

>milk toast
This is why people dont listen to you famammajamma.

This movie is gonna be its own universe, right?
It's not gonna mess with the series, right?
The series isn't getting cancelled to make way for the power rangers cinematic universe, right?

>A remake of a remake of a remake of zyuranger
Anyone else thinks on chinese whispers?

WE

I thought that was Justin Bieber for a second and assumed there was going to be another documentary about himself

Yes
Probably Not
Fuck No, making PR from sentai is still an easy money maker.

No...that is not Billy
Please God, tell me that isn't Billy.
Then who's Zack?

>Bryan Cranston signing himself to a shitty movie when he could have played Lex in Justice League or starred in some R rated masterpiece
WHY did he have to sell out?

Few too many remakes.

This is a remake of an adaptation of Zyu.

Asian

what's wrong? this is what everyone wants

>pic related

I feel like power rangers are a fandom that nobody carried over to adulthood though. Like it was cool at the time but there really is no reason to go back on it.

Cranston was never going to be Lex, this film has nothing to do with that.

Because Snizzard

That's billy, they changed the race of every character
Kimberly is half Native
Triny is Latina
Zack is Chinese
Jason is white
Rita is white

What do you think?

Because Billy is supposed to be a white boy nerd with glasses, not a hipster
And Zack is supposed to be the black guy

WUZ

Why does Rita look like poison ivy?

I have never watched Power Rangers so I have no idea who the hell this is

>Rugrats, Arthur, Arnold are way better shows btw

That's Divatox

RANGERS

Jem's problem wasn't the script, it was the plain and average soundtrack. That was the real sin of the movie.

A movie different from the source material can still be great. See: Josie and the Pussycats

>Jason=White
At least they know the hero is always the white guy
>Trini=Latina
No. Just no.
>Zack=Chinese
That's definitely ruining Zack
>Billy=black
For what purpose?
>Kim=half native
Meh

N SHIET

Bandora's costume isn't sexy enough.

She's supposed to be pic related

Jason's actor is half Latino though, he's from new Mexico and his mother is Latina

What's the status on the following characters in terms of this movie?
>Bulk and Skull
>Zedd
>Goldar
>Tommy

See Green power coin. This cosume is literally a corrupted ranger suit.

ohh yes yes I have seen clips of her thanks to youtube poop. wow wtf why did they make her look so different and younger here?

>white

I think B&S aren't in the movie because they were too "goofy." I might be wrong, but I read that somewhere.

go away pol

Jack was pretty white

Unknown, but it seems unlikely for Tommy or Zedd to show up so soon.

no
no
no
maybe

Does that mean this movie is gonna be super edgy?

hellö reddit

>tfw its daytime on the moon

Like I said here, corrupted ranger suit.

Let me se, the first Red ranger, Jason, wasn't white
Rocky was white
Tommy wasn't white
The one from turbo wasn't white
The one from SPD wasn't white
The one from RPM wasn't white

Yes, white

Teen hero, mazerunner and hunger games tone it looks like.

I read it was a more "realistic" and gritty take on the concept of PR. Basically Marvel capeshit in looks, DC in tone.

Fuck, I can't even remember where I read that. I think it was an interview with someone working on the movie, but I'm not sure and it was months ago, so things may have changed.

I forget, didn't they find her on another planet or an asteroid or something, and then she came to fuck shit up and set up shop on the moon?

How could you forget Shane?

>edgy and angst
God, for a sentai fan it hurts a little

Because Bandora's costume isn't sexy enough.

>DC in tone
It's already shit

I forgot a lot, I just said the ones that I remember

In Zyuranger that was true, she was found on Planet Nemesis. IIRC, it was always the moon in MMPR

I forget also.

>Character's name is Rita Repulsa
>Lets make her sexy in the reboot
Genius

You'd hate Sentai then m8

So expect the military/national guard getting rekt by Rita/whatever monster she summons

Come to think of it, the police and military never showed up to deal with any threat Bandora or Rita posed to Japan/Angel Grove

You'd think they'd start taking her seriously after her initial rampage and especially after the shit towards the end of the series

I'm a sentai fan too, chill the fuck out. It'll be safe edge and tween angst, no worse than say KR Faiz or Amazon.

I remember scenes from Zyu where police cars were left abandoned.

They had better have the theme song in there.
And they most certainly better have Jason say,
>"It's morphin time!"

I still don't like the suits, to me PR was always about silly and cheap costumes, these look like overdone pieces of crap beyond the color

I imagine an orchestral arrangement as a nod to fans will happen.

You seen the leaked photo of Red? The props look better than the render. I just want a bastard trailer...

>Are there a lot of Japanese Jews? I don't get out much.
regardless of what he is or isn't, im surprised you havent heard stories of how much of a cunt the man is

>Rita is the Green Ranger
What did they mean by this?

that was the season with only 3 rangers in the beginning and they were in a ninja school right? im having trouble remembering it, because i confuse it with dino thunder ALOT, since it also had only 3

>Rita used to be a Power Ranger but became evil and betrayed and killed the rest of her team

I'm cool with this, actually

That she uses her green power coin herself rather than trusting it to the first teen wearing green.

Nah, it's just a power up.

Nope, that's Magic Force