Face it Sup Forums - if this album was instrumental and released by some less well known artist...

Face it Sup Forums - if this album was instrumental and released by some less well known artist, everyone here would be praising it

How new are you? Sup Forums has always liked this album, there's even a Yeezus banner on this site.

What are you talking about? This and Life of Pablo are widely considered to be the worst Kanye albums here. With the shit tier lyrics on Yeezus and the mess that is TLOP it's self explanatory

This is already one of his most beloved albums

Yeah. But that shit has shitty lyrics and rap.

It would have to be released by someone else, since it wouldn't have one iota of Kanye on it, it'd just be some pretty chill Industrial.

Fuck off, Yeezus is basically 'Sup Forums's Kanye album'. You must be fucking new because Yeezus has been praised on this board since it came out. Normies are starting to warm up to it but Sup Forums liked it since the beginning.

Go funk yourself, Kanye.

Are you retarded? Sup Forums's Kanye album has always been MBDTF, it's fucking Sup Forumscore. You probably weren't even here when it was released.

MBDTF is only noteworthy because it got a 10 from p4k.

this is the least kanye kanye album, and thats why i like it

we praise it anyway tho

No, this and Dark Fantasy are frequently seen as his best. Graduation is usually regarded as his worst. Lurk more.

>acting like Yeezus is this universally hated album

It also got praise from people like Lou Reed, David Lynch, Paul McCartney and Elon Musk.

>newfags fell for yeezus is worst kanye meme
wew lads

A lot of plebs actually believe this, tho. Look at the Amazon reviews for Yeezus

It's plausible to believe that one of them might have retarded their way to this board.

Why are you so defensive? People agree with, are you made because your opinion is less unique then you thought it was?

*mad

>It also got praise from people like Lou Reed, David Lynch, Paul McCartney and Elon Musk

Probably because they don't understand ebonics and think the production is something never done before in hip-hop

If this album hadn't been released by Kanye, it would never have received the same level of notoriety

I've never heard a hip-hop album, certainly not on a major label, as sharp, synthetic and uncomfortably angular sounding as Yeezus. There's some noisy industrial rap but Yeezus just sounds razor sharp, minimalist and naked. Even Death Grips sounds organic and more acoustic in comparison.

If it were instrumental I'd probably like it more but I still don't think I'd be enamored with it. Probably would elevate it from a 4 to like a 6.

t. Fantano-drone

>if this album was instrumental and released by some less well known artist, everyone here would be praising it
It's hype would be deader than 90% the shit you see on soundcloud.

Nah, I legit dislike the album. The first 4 songs are fine but it falls apart for me quickly after that. Felt that way when the album leaked and I still feel that way now.

You're just a pleb then.

The beats are like a poor fruity loops parody of Pan Sonic or other rhythmic industrial acts and Yeezus itself is literally just *listens to grime once: the album*

Can someone explain to me the hype around it?

Whatever floats your boat.

>Yeezus itself is literally just *listens to grime once: the album*

What the fuck? Do you know anything about genres at all? I swear this is the first time I've seen anyone compare Yeezus to fucking grime.

That is because rapping over anything is subtraction by addition

Acid Rap was number 6, that says enough. 2013 was a shit year and this list was made by shit people. Kanye sucks, his lyrics are meaningless garbage and ghetto shit.

On Sight is a basic grime tune made by someone with no talent.

Yeezus and TLOP are his best, and Kanye compliments the instrumentals well

>Kanye
>ghetto shit

His lyrics are like avant-garde art compared to his contemporaries.

I sincerely don't believe that anyone can. All I ever hear is that it's amazing but never WHY it is. At best I get vague comments about the production but even then never specifics. Honestly, I don't much like how a lot of Yeezus sounds, almost like its the grandiosity of MBDTF toned down to poorly mimic 808s' starker vibe with some angular tonal shifts tossed in the mix. Don't really get what's supposed to impress me here, though I do like what he does with the sample on On Sight.

its too stripped to stand on its own instrumentally. It was made to have verses and choruses layered over it. Theres definitely good instrumentals on here but nothing groundbreaking for its time or really standout

The production on Hold my Liquor is really interesting. It's mainly just that weird screech or whatever it is, it doesn't even have any percussion.

>implying the sound of Yeezus can even be compared to Fruity Loops

you're right, that's giving yeezus too much credit. a more proper comparison would be LMMS

I mean I know it's Autism Awareness Month but damn you don't need to tell everybody about your condition

TLOP is his most relatable album. It also has the most good vibes.

No it wouldn't you twonk. The production is quite stale minus a few tracks.

Yeezus sounds meticulously produced to me. I don't know what you're on about, a lot of very talented producers and audio engineers worked on the album. Easily one of the sharpest sounding albums I've ever heard from a pure technical perspective.

I dunno, I'd say TCD is his most relatable. TLOP is his most relatable in years, though.

That's like me taking a shit and calling it avante garde when I put glitter on it.

>Those corny "trap" horns on blood on the leaves
>giving any type of praise

I'll give you send it up, and I'm in it, and black skinhead, but other than that this album had pretty terrible beats.

I literally saw this exact post in another yeezus thread. How much do they pay you shill?

ahah shut up amerifat

>Send It Up

That beat just makes me laugh. It's creative, I'll give it that.

greatest album ever made

Sorry about the meme but, just.

what in the actual fuck is in the water these days

you sound like you like music within 'progressive' genres

i like Yeezus, i really do. but i think its still one of his weaker albums.

LR > MBDTF > TCD > Grad > 808s > Yeezus > TLOP

good tastes. for me its

MBDTF>TCD>LR>Grad>808s>Yeezus>>>>>>>>>>TLOP

For me personally, I appreciate how stripped back and raw it is. The beats are either punchy and aggressive or dark, depressing and sweeping. It's amazing to me how Kanye is able to express so much with so little. It's like I get caught up with whatever Kanye's feeling every time I listen to it.

I'd put all of his albums on an equal level quality-wise, except for Graduation. It's just way too impersonal especially relative to the rest of his output.

yeezus > LR > 808s > MBDTF > TCD > TLOP > WTT > G