I am thankful to hear that vaporwave is still alive in some way

I am thankful to hear that vaporwave is still alive in some way.

That's vaporwave for normies and it's barely vaporwave. Normies can't handle the crude sampling and alienating pitch-shifted vocals of real vaporwave.

same. now go listen to plaza.one

i don't think you have a firm grasp on reality if you think this is an album normies would listen to

How does it feel to be a living meme?

Stuff like Eccojams and vector tables is well loved though.

And you have no idea how big the album was when it was released. It's basically youtube-core, on the same level as Tycho.

this album is generic ambient music and has absolutely zero vaporwave elements on it

You mean stuff like eccojams? Yeah I like that stuff too, but this is much more appealing to the sense in my opinion. Vaporwave takes many forms, all of them valid. I'm just glad that it's still around in some way, and is still maturing and developing too.

Wrong

Wrong

The guys who made the album are vaporwave producers. The album is way more ambient than vaporwave but it has some identifiable vaporwave elements.

Wrong too

>hating things solely because they're popular

The most generic shit I've ever listened to. How exactly did it get that much praise? Eccojams is like an avant-garde masterpiece compared to it.

Isn't all of vaporwave kinda youtube-core though? Not bashing it, just saying...

wow

Has anyone listened to Vaperror and Telepath's album that came out last year ?
This shit is great

such an overrated album, just average ambient music with some samples chucked in and washy production, but got memed into recognition by the fact that most vaporwave listeners were unaware of the kind of ambient it was badly emulating

I'm gonna be honest with you. I like the nostalgic part of vaporwave but usually the music is just repetitive and eventless. The melodies are usually decent, but they aren't memorable. I always feel like something is missing when I hear it. Maybe electronic music is shit in general, I don't know, I don't usually listen to it.

The only "vaporwave" artist worth listening to

You mean the most entry-level, pitchfork approved.

Vaporwave is normie-tier electronic music. There's way more technically proficient, progressive electronic music out there.

>opn
>entry-level
Wat
When have you ever met a normie who even knows who opn is?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaay a vaporwave thread

posting a recent fav

Why the fuck would I care about technical proficiency? I'm not trying to impress anyone with my music taste, I'm not some 15 year old redditor listening exclusively to Pink Floyd and Dream Theater.

I disagree with you, but hey nice to see some honest analytical criticism every once in a while, vapor gets so much shit :/
Like in any other genres, there are some good albums and artists but most of 'em are garbage. Just because vapor has such a distinct sound and everyone knows how to achieve it, doesn't mean everyone is a good producer.

HKE has removed the vaporwave tag from all of his work so...
it's no vapor :^^^^)

Because you said the melodies were boring to you. Are you okay?

OPN is a rockstar compared to he next most-well known vaporwave producer.

>for normies

you mean it's fun to listen to

i can't imagine stooping to a point in my life where i'm an elitist about a meme genre

Oooooh boy when will Sup Forums learn that entry level and popular =/= shit
the fact that something is popular doesn't affect the musical qualities of an album

>implying every 12-year-old with an internet connection doesn't know who macontish plus is

He is known for one track
OPN is known for creating the genre and multiple good records.
Even the library in my town has a few opn records there :3

OPN was a well known and respected musician before eccojames/replica. You can actually buy opn records in stores. There are amazon reviews on opn records. He's a critic approved, well known, well respected musician and the polar opposite of 99% of vaporwave producers.

good music comes from all walks of life desu

eco jams is shit, lets b real

I bet you think free jazz is shit, or that noise is shit, or that drone is shit, or that lowercase is shit.
Please accept it, you are a pleb

Now that I think of it, I might have fallen into a bait and a fun pun...