Why do people shit on bassists ?

Every time I talk to people in bands they ALWAYS, ALWAYS shit over the bassist and say its a useless instrument and I don't get it ?

Don't get me wrong, if its your typical failed guitarist so plays with pick bassist then I get why people shit on them, but even then, to say it is useless is just mind exceedingly stupid, do people not get that it holds the groove together and sounds fucking amazing when slapped in funk. Well, what do you think fellow Sup Forumssicians, why do you or people you know treat the bassist like shit hmmmm ?

Pic Related; I can't stand when this fat fuck starts talking about them.

That guy is a living meme, I feel my stomach churn when a gear page posts one of his videos

Will add: The reality is that most bassists just suck, playing only root notes or really basic and generic riffs.
A good bassist can make a band's sound (or ruin it by overplaying) and I didn't realize this until I started playing bass.

But that's what I mean, I've watched exceptional bassists add to the songs by playing outside of the root note trap and even then the band mates will still shit over them.
Finding a good bassist is hard, granted, but I know that I'd rather choose a good bassist over a good guitarist any day.

yeah, how can you shit on something you cant even hear guys

>Every time I talk to people in bands

There's your problem. Rock bands are the death of music and the only people who make or join them are high school drop outs. Of course they won't understand how to bring out the beautiful intrinsic qualities of each instrument.

Maybe you're right user...

its just a meme for everyone who pretends to like music

if you hear a joke like that, ingore any further opinions they have for being a fucking retard
you wanna talk music with adults not memekids

This.

>tfw guitar player
>about to pound our bassist's now ex gf in her ass
I literally stole her from him holy shit, and she's our lead singer, band's rehearsals gonna get messy

You're band sounds fucking retarded, enjoy your bands imminent breakup.

post booty pics dawggo or fake

So as far as I know, your band is made of
-the village bicycle
-some beta loser on the bass
-jackass guitar player
Let me guess. You play "indie rock".

>You're band sounds fucking retarded,
What the fuck are you talking about you dumb piece of shit

>Whores herself out to her entire band
>Except the bassist
If I were a groupie I'd go after all the bassists just for the sake of justice

More like
-The sex goddess who wouldn't even look at your manlet balding ass
>The swinging bass AKA the king of groove
>The living embodiment of music who makes his guitar his bitch, women crying hoping that guitar is at least 18 years old!

why would you cuck the king of groove man

>Hur dee hur, Im a slut, Im gonna sleep with the everyone in the band.
>Duh I'm a faggot, I'm gonna do something I know is gonna have bad repercussions for everyone in my band.

Your bassist is stupid for getting in a relationship with a band member and you are equally as stupid to sleep with them too, if you can't take being in a band seriously your music is always gonna be shit.

this is just autistic local cover band humor. disregard it entirely

Gotta do, dude don't hate, you know how it is with us alphas

Goddammit you got me this time.

Please post your band
Guess how I know you're not alpha.

I'm just messing with you brehs, you alright there chiefs? I'd never mess with another man's woman, especially if that man's my very own soul brother

Fuck, I knew this was bait, Goddammit

Without bass, music can sound rather empty. Not a useless instrument but I feel like it attracts a generally lazier musician than pretty much any other instrument. Of course one can still be an exceptional bassist.