Trying to hook my PS1 to an old LCD PC 4:3 monitor

Trying to hook my PS1 to an old LCD PC 4:3 monitor.

Tried it with the RCA to VGA converter that I use for my PS2, but seeing as the PS1 outputs 240p video instead of the 480p, all I see are frozen images of the game and I can hear the audio fine, even though I can see the PS1 opening splash creen with the Memory Card boot menu in real time, although it keeps on flickering.

What I'm thinking of doing next is getting a SCART to HDMI converter/upscaler so I can get the signal to 720p and then use a HDMI to VGA converter to get it to the monitor.

>inb4 just get a cheap old TV

I get that this isn't the most ideal of solutions, without spending 2000$ on low latency upscalers and I'd probably be better off with some old TV, but I REALLY need this to work with a monitor (anything else requires some serious rearrangement in my house), so any advice would be helpful.

Other urls found in this thread:

epsxe.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that people are selling crt tvs from 2002 and 2003 for cheap. Get those

I might eventually have to get one, but before that I need to try every possible way to make it to work with the LCD monitor.

Yeah I still have my 2002 crt tv. I only use it to play ps1 and ps2 and gamecube games

Why the fuck man

It's retarded I know, but I just really need to know if there's a way to do this.

Ever heard about emulators?

Just download epsxe to your pc?
It takes next to nothing to run and its free, my pc barely runs at all but it still manages this with no bother at all, plus you can upscale the graphics and theres every game ever on the internet

It's not retarded OP. I have a similar problem

epsxe.com

This OP, I know you get that nostalgia feeling from running a legit retro console but I did this awhile ago and you forget how slow they run, like, unbearably slow.

Everything we remember we do it with rose coloured lenses

Ofcourse emulating is my best and by far most cost effective option out there, and I realize I might have to fall back on that one or get a CRT maybe.
But nailed it, I'm just trying to set up a station of Play Stations, and play them on a small monitor that gets no use anymore.

It'd be nice to have but the hassle and space taken up could be used way more productively, it literally sets its self up too, get your ROMS from emuparadise and unzip them, thats it all done

>Buy raspberry pi 3
>Gut Ps1 and put raspberry pi in there
>look online on how to hook up ps1 controller ports to raspberry pi
> Install Retropie on a 64/128sd card
>Enjoy all classic emulators up to Ps1 and N64 on your monitor.

Tried them but surprisingly Sup Forums so far has given the most replies. Most of them pretty constructive too!

I have one ordered and on the way, but that's gonna be for a different room, I just wanted to use this old monitor for the kids room.

Your ps1 discs will work too, so if you just wanna play the game without downloading anything you just pop that fucka in and you're good. There's all sorts of plugins(?) you can use but they should be on any emu site.

maybe your converter is crappy, scart to hdmi probably won't work.

>converter is crappy

Converter works perfectly fine with my PS2, but I've found out that PS2 outputs in 480p, whereas PS1 in 240p.

So going by that, the only issue seems to be the low quality signal, which, theoretically, should be resolved with a SCART to HDMI upscaler and converter.

Why do you think it wouldn't work with an upscaler?

I know, I know, emulators are the shit, especially for PS1, with all the advances and AA and clean images, but I'm just exhausting every option until there's only emulators left.

I can't remember exactly why, I've asked a TV repairman about this and he told me it won't work. Also I looked into it on the internet and most guys said that it probably won't work. It's because scart is analog and hdmi is digital and hdmi was made in a "protecting" way so people wouldn't rip copyrighted stuff?
Something like that I can't remember and I didn't understand exactly, just look into it before you buy anything.

>scart is analog and hdmi is digital

Right, that's why it's an active converter/upscaler with an external power supply and a small microprocessor that converts analog to digital, and upscales it real-time.

I mean, at this point I've looked into it as much as possible, so I guess I'll go for the cheap upscaler/converter, if it doesn't work, meh, 35 bucks down the drain, I'll figure something out.
Thanks anyway