Illumination Entertainment/Universal’s The Secret Life of Pets is expected to hold on to No. 1 after earning $104...

>Illumination Entertainment/Universal’s The Secret Life of Pets is expected to hold on to No. 1 after earning $104.4M last weekend. Projections for weekend two range between $50M-$60M. Yesterday, Pets feasted on $10.5M at 4,370 venues bringing its week tally to $152.7M.

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/05/15/thursday-box-office-mad-max-fury-road-nabs-3-7m/#a500d7519052
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>solid 3.4

>SOLID 3.4

When the damage control starts remember that Paul Feig already said $500 million or it's a flop.

You hear that, misogynistic brobabiez? A SOLID 3.4 million.

>solid 3.4

>Universal and Legendary’s “Warcraft” earned $3.1 million at the Thursday previews from 2,632 theaters, starting at 7 p.m.

>“The Conjuring 2” scared up $3.4 million at the Thursday night box office.

>As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. “A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low,” he says. “But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’” — three of whom are over 40. “I cashed in all my chips,” he says. “I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.”

>3.4 million
>budget was above 144 million
>advertising probably costed more than the budget
>money for the shills
>the merchandise that sells like shit
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html

>As opening day approaches, Feig can’t help but think about the stakes of making a $150 million movie. “A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low,” he says. “But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’” — three of whom are over 40. “I cashed in all my chips,” he says. “I had to use every chip to make this happen. And if this doesn’t work, I will probably have to go back to movie jail.”

>So why risk it? “I wanted for little girls to be able to see themselves up on the screen,” Feig says. “The original one exists, so you can see boys doing it, but how fun for girls to have this experience!” That’s why he pushed so hard for new Ghostbusters action figures. “There was some resistance,” he says, “because there’s a fear that boys wouldn’t buy toys from a movie starring girls. But guys have such great feelings of nostalgia because the original had a lot of gear. I’d like girls to be able to put on a proton pack and run around.”

Was this guy made in a Feminazi laboratory?

>$3.4M

That's fucking embarrassing for a movie promoted as a huge summer blockbuster.

>Star Trek and Ice Age comes out next week
>Jason Bourne the next week
>Suicide Squad after that

This movie will make shit all on foreign and die after one week in murica, 40-50 mill tops bro

>costed

>Similar opening to Warcraft
>Except Warcraft had fuck all for promotions outside of B.net
>Warcraft saved by China
>China won't even air Ghostbusters

Welp I hope this at least shows the studios no matter how much press you get, remaking a classic movie just for some gay agenda doesn't work.

There is an undeniable schadenfreude about seeing this movie fail, not gonna lie.

Ugh this movie doesn't have all it's releases until august 24th so they will still say

>wait for france

Warcraft is probably a good comparison. $46 million domestic is all it made. Literally saved by China, something Ghostbusters can't rely on, so we're guaranteed a MAJOR flop. Hilarious.

#Nice

>China can't save them
>ice age and Star Trek come out next week

kek
the kids will watch icekino instead of this shit

Let's not forget that the budget of the Conjuring 2 was only 40 million with another 40 million for promotions, unlike Ghostbusters. Lol.

kek

>literal summer blockbuster
>has one of the most popular licences known to movies
>SOLID 3.4 opening day
>can't even be saved by China-bucks

Holy shit can it even make back it's budget with those numbers?

>That’s why he pushed so hard for new Ghostbusters action figures

Is Feig talking about those cool new landfill decorations?

I like how Sup Forums experts think they know more about the film industry than Sony.

Have you not seen the emails?

A blind monkey could throw it's shit at a wall and probably correctly predict this movie was gonna tank

If you legitimately thought this was gonna be a summer blockbuster financial goldmine then you are probably underaged / don't know how movies work

We don't, we're going by reports. Stop being a retard and read for once in your life. But then again, you're probably to autistic to even comprehend what you'll read so I guess you should just go on making useless.

3.4 is not bad.

Why are you convinced that it's already bombing? Today is the release, not yesterday, and 3.4 million grossed for a limited release is not at all a bad showing, in fact it's quite positive.

It will be shit, obviously, but this movie will make a shitload and there's nothing any of us can do about that. Sorry Sup Forums

>image.jpg

it's just a redditor on his phone

Sony is being kept afloat by Happy Madison Productions and the Playstation division. Everything else either lost money or was sold off.

/thread

>A blind monkey could throw it's shit at a wall and probably correctly predict this movie won't even break 30% on Rotten Tomatoes
>*one week later*
>A blind monkey could throw it's shit at a wall and probably correctly predict this movie was gonna tank

kek to death

>T.Sonygger

>3.4 is not bad

top kek

the age of feminism is gone, the age of the muslim has come

>3.4 is not bad

Is that you Fieg?

There were legit retards who thought critics weren't going to circle the wagon to protect this steaming turd of a movie but if you really think it's going to turn a profit you need to kys

Muhammadans blowing shit up to keep people out of movie theaters?

A movie made 3.4 million BEFORE it opened, and that's a bomb?

Fucking retards. If you're going to shit on the movie, shit on part of it that's actually bad.

>Find out

No need to find out. Just looking at any promotional material for this shit is enough to get the idea across.

>le feminist conspiracy meme

And you actually call others "legit retards".

Post em

>“But the thing I care about most is the industry looking for an excuse to say, ‘See, a tentpole can’t be carried by female leads’” — three of whom are over 40. “

Then why not just make an original movie that's good instead of trying your luck with a reboot?

>people thought this movie was gonna be that low on Rotten Tomatoes

Of course not. Do you really think Sony wouldn't pay some people off? Do you really think the reviewers wouldn't be lenient to avoid looking like a misogyny filled shitlord Nazi?

Come on bruh

icekino is already out here(europ) and ghostbusters opening week before suicide swuad

You think posting emails from three years ago is going tell you how much the movie will make this weekend? "Emails" are a meme dude, stop replying to morons who bring them up.

It really is foolproof. You can't criticize this movie without being branded a misogynist, a racist, or both.

That figure is probably international too.

poor Sup Forums babies can't handle the fact that no matter how shit this movie is, it won't bomb

people will see it, some will like it, some will hate it

it will make a lot of money, everyone involved will walk away with more money than 95% of this board will ever see, let alone have in their banking account.

they won. let it go, Sup Forums

this doesn't even have china to save it
it's fucking finished

The movie was practically made to avoid criticism

>you are racist/sexist if you don't like this movie
>you just don't like fun
>you just don't like humor
>you just liked the original too much
>it's not as good as the original but....

A meme that...explicitly shows how out of touch and borderline retarded these people are?

>out of touch and borderline retarded
>sits in his internet hugbox all day and cries about how a popular movie is actually part of a feminist plot to destroy men

does rlm have enough paper towels

The emails talk about how they want to make a sequelizing franchise machine, rather than a good movie. Can't see the forest for the trees.

>following in Warcraft's footsteps
>WITHOUT CHINA
>including all the advertisement budget and all the shitty merchandise

Feig's gonna get fucking crucified

clearly an islamic conspiracy to damage a femminist movie

>Holy shit can it even make back it's budget with those numbers?

If it actually made 3.4 million on opening day, then it has no chance of hitting it's primary budget, let alone it's advertising budget. Even if china hadn't banned it, comedies don't do well internationally and usually earn 50% of their total at home.
Historically, comedy movies have needed to earn 50 million in a weekend to move 250 million lifetime, so the 500 million figure Feig was throwing around a little while back is basically impossible.
To put all this in perspective, SPY earned 30 mil opening and only grossed 235 mill.
Bridesmaids did 26 million opening and grossed 288 mil lifetime.

Even if this film was good and well recieved is no historical precedent for this sort of film to earn back a 144 million, let alone gross 500 million. Sony is basically insane.

>they won't let it go
>Sup Forums

>Thursday showing

I want to know the weekend numbers before I start proclaiming victory. I'm not going to celebrate it flopping and then have to put my foot in my mouth later.

>I wanted little girls to see themselves up on the screen
>most of the leads are over 40

>Sup Forums
>hugbox

Is that opening weekend or opening day?

You probably don't know how tracking works do you? I feel so sorry for your dumb ass. You remind me of the Britney Spears guy. "Leave Ghostbusters Alonnnnneee!"

Weekend.

>trumptard
>not the deafest and blindest of them all

topical reference user

i forgot it was 2001

somebody warn tower 2

>Feig's gonna get fucking crucified
And he deserves it. He's didn't just make a shitty movie, he's destroying a billion dollar franchise.

Right, everyone is going to walk away with money when the film doesn't even recoup it's own cost. How is everyone going to walk away with money exactly? Oh right, they were already paid so I guess it's all cool. The Studio is happy as can be to eat the cost., becuase that's what sucsesful movie studios do right? They lose money.

But they have vaginas, that means girls can automatically relate to them

I think this ghostbusters will go over $50M domestic this weekend an be dubbed a success (in the four starring females with most over them over 40 category)

hope it doesn't

>HOW CAN WE BE A HUGBOX WHEN WE USE SWEARS???
because you all mindlessly agree with each other and try to shout down outsiders

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/05/15/thursday-box-office-mad-max-fury-road-nabs-3-7m/#a500d7519052

This is why I'm waiting.

First dubs is the final box office gross.

>made 3.4 million before the movie had officially opened
>losing money

wait for the numbers from tonight, the actual premier. I have no interest in seeing this movie, but it's going to break records.

Melisaa is that you?

lol why are sjw films such failures?

>break records

What records?

THIS

the movie hasn't opened yet you RETARDS

you people make legitimate critics of this horseshit abortion remake look like dummies

$57.8
Because they're made with an agenda, rather than the intent of making a good film.

>somebody warn tower 2

Bretty good banter to be honest pham

>dur hur a shill

and you people wonder why nobody takes your opinions on film seriously, even shit movies like this one

>the movie hasn't opened yet you RETARDS
Yes it has you fucktard

gonna be so smug this november

how many liberals are gonna suicide?

Because the SJW audience is insanely small

Pandering to them is like burning money

It's not a conspiracy when they are honest about it.

yeah, today, and there are no numbers out. the 3.4 mill figure is for last night, before it officially opened.

FUCKTARD

>A movie made 3.4 million BEFORE it opened
it opened last night you retard. thats how it made 3.4mil

>most people disagree with me
>it's a hugbox

Hugbox is the place you came from, probably reddit, where they actually censor any opinions that go against the narrative.
You're just butthurt as fuck you can't do the same here.

You should return to your hugbox where you can be safe.

>there's a new Ice Age movie coming out
What the fuck?

And they won't even support your work financially, anyway; they're too busy telling other people to support your work financially, and since they live in an echochamber...

Just think how much money sony could have made if they had gone with a mixed male female cast of well liked comics playing new characters using the "a ghostbusters franchise in a different city" idea that was floated around.

We could have had a fun continuation of the franchise instead of this cynical abortion.

This is what a smart person does. Leave the celebrating till we know for sure. This could actually get good word of mouth this weekend and gain legs. It is not outside the realm of possibility. Hell, I'm shocked it got made in the first place, so nothing this movie does can really surprise me at this point.

the midnight premieres are not considered the opening night you turdbucket

Ice age is the call of duty of animated films.

>he hasn't seen the foreign plebs image

lurk moar

this

>Try to shout down outsiders
You're proving his point.

You do realize your boy is gonna get shit on in November, right? I know you alt-right fuck ups are retarded, but you have to know there's no chance he's gonna win, right?

Probably not

Why are you guys focused on the 3.4 number and ignoring that it will make $60 million in its opening? That's far higher than the $40 million everyone expected. Looks like those pre-sale pictures you guys posted of your local theaters were off a bit eh? The movie is going to be a success whether you like it or not