More popular songs with unconventional time signatures?

More popular songs with unconventional time signatures?

"Take Me To Church" by Hozier comes to mind.

Strawberry Fields Forever

the spongebob theme song is in 11/7

moonshine whiskey by van morrison

damn, i looked that up

From Eden is in 5/8. Honestly i dont think that guy gets enough credit for how great his music is

is 11/7 even a real time signature? i didn't think that seventh notes were even a thing.

brubeck take five

Yeah a bunch of shit from his debut has really weird time signatures. My favorite probably has to be "To Be Alone" where the verses are constantly switching between 4/4 and 2/4, with a prechorus in 3/4 and a chorus in 4/4.
Sounds basic, but the way that the melodies bend and contort is fucking unbelievable.

a shit ton of radiohead songs
All You Need Is Love by the Beatles

Them Bones

Well Bjork has many songs in very uncommon time signatures (17/8, for example).
Jóga a popular one. In the chorus it shifts to 5/4. It's possibly the best use of the a weird time signature in a pop song ever.

Here comes the sun

Obviously loads of Beatles songs, for me the best one being Happiness Is A Warm Gun. They took over 70 takes in the studio to get that one right because the time signatures were so difficult.

he means 11/8

bits of Money by Pink Floyd is in 7/4

Money by Pink Floyd probably

pink floyd - money

Money - Pink Floyd comes to mind

Pink Floyd - Money

gonna have to go with Pink Floyd- Money

money pink floyd

Yeah hozier is great, don't know why no one posts about him on this board. I saw him live in Santa Barbara and he puts on a dope show

I have to say, Pink Floyd - Money is right up your alley

Money by Pink Floyd is in 9/8 time, except for the guitar solo where the rhythm is temporarily changed to 6/4 before going back to 9/8.

hozier is fine, but i like Pink Floyd - Money more

gonna go out on a limb and say Pink Floyd by Money

pank flod - monah

floyd's money - pink

Forcing a meme isn't going to get you a high school diploma, Connor.

schism

Magenta Mayweather - C.R.E.A.M.

we're just trying to discuss a good song buddy, why are you talking about high school diplomas

hm its probably pink floyd's money

"Money" is renowned for its use of uncommon time signatures and the frequency of its meter changes. In one analysis of the song, the song alters meter 47 times. The song begins with two bars of 5/4, followed by one bar of 4/4, followed by bars of alternating 5/8 and 7/8, until the first interlude, which consists of alternating bars of 6/8 and 7/8.

The following verse exhibits a similar pattern to the first, alternating bars of 5/8 and 7/8. The next section is bars of 6/4 followed by one bar of 11/8. This takes the song back into alternating 5/8 and 7/8. Another 6/8 and 7/8 section follows, and after this the song goes into repeating 7/8 bars.

The middle section is subsequently introduced, consisting of three bars of 6/8, one bar of 3/8, and one bar of 3/4 repeating several times. At one point it interrupts with two bars of 6/8 followed by a bar of 4/8, twice. A single bar of 4/8 is played before the meter switches back to a set of 6/8 for two bars and 2/4 for one bar. This repeats, setting up another section: two bars of 9/8 followed by a bar of 10/8, that pattern again, and then a single bar of 9/8 followed by a bar of 6/8 and then a bar of 7/8. Next is a set of two bars of 6/8 followed by a bar of 2/8 repeated four times then a single bar of 6/8. The outro has alternating bars of 5/8 and 7/8, ending with alternating 6/8, 2/8 that one could interpret as pulsing with a 4/4 feel.

The band has referred to the time signature as 6.5/8.

the james bond theme

Where I can't find this anywhere

Woo nelly

t. John Petrucci

Sail to the Moon especially

Cash by Light Red Mayweather

Golden Brown by the Stranglers is partially 13/8

fuck autist signatures what are some poular songs in 3/4

good stranglers good songs good time signatures

pink floyd's - money?

good stranglers good

money by pink floyd comes to mind

yyz by rush

What time sig is it in?

I like him a lot, I'm waiting for him to release more music

My Name Is Jonas
Minority

What song is this actually

Kanye's Spaceship
3/4 is pretty unusual for hip-hop so also relevant to the thread in general

Pyramid Song is in 4/4 but Sail to the Moon is fucking crazy.

Pink Floyd Money is a classic example

No one ever talks about this but Heart of Glass by Blondie is entirely in 4/4 apart from the bridge which has three bars of 7/4 and then back to 4/4 again

Pink Freud - Monday

pink floyd by money

Money by Pink Floyd comes to mind

blue dylan - currency

Dance of eternity by dream theater?

It was a Tool song actually iirc

Think About Me by Artful Dodger is UK Garage in 3/4

I fucking love that bit

5/4 by Gorilliaz, idk if it's really that popular though

diamonds and gold by tom waits is not too interesting but still a great song

Beige Duncan - Coinage

darude sandstorm