depends on what you mean

there could be 3, 8, 4 etc.

I believe there is 3

None it's a photo

4(1/2)+4(3/4)=5

3/4*4=3
1/2*4=2
3+2=5

Any other answers are autistic in nature and should be ignored.

It took 6 watermelons to make that picture.

Agree. Although idiots will try to say its wrong because the melons in the center could be quarters and not halves - even though the shadow clearly indicates they're halves.

I've been ITT before.

8 watermelons

/thread

many

4 different melons in each cornera
The half melons dont seem to match each other so probably 8. Maybe 6 or 7. The minimum is 6.

zero, that is just a painting.

This.

This is technically true.

But if the question is insinuating how many "whole" watermelons are represented, the answer is 5.

But it's not. It's asking a Bow many watermelons are there?'.

whole as in math and shit? 5
watermelons? either 6, 7 or 8

they are all touching, therefor 1

Besides, if you're going by the 6 melon logic, there actually could be 8. There's nothing that indicates 100% that the center melons are two melons that have been split.

Mathematically 5,
realistically, since the corner melons aren't made of partial melons, 6

You can't say that's not what the author of the question intended. You don't know that for a fact. Everything else is pure speculation.

Also see

it took 8 to arrange them like that but if you put them together its 5.

It's zero, there isn't a single whole watermelon there

the world is your melon user

Anyone in chemistry should bloody say 5.

Since that picture is mirrored it is 2.5 watermelons

It depends on what, philosophically, you consider a "melon" to be.

IF we consider a melon to be an individual, and its parts thereof represent it, at least 6 but no more than 8 melons are present.

IF we consider a melon to be a mathematical "whole," and equivalent parts of any individual melon can be substituted for others(mathematic simplification,) 5 melons are present.

>it took 8 to arrange them like that

Nope. You only need 6.

>Autism

It took six to arrange them like that

(the four outward facing halves int he middle were once two whole melons, plus the four inward facing melons on the corners)

If you put them all together you'd have five.

Anybody who finished elementary school should get this.

>that picture is mirrored
You have lied to me and brought shame upon your ancestors

Or the four halfs were from four different melons melons

>Nope. You only need 6.
>you only NEED 6

True - but they could have used 8. You can't say they didn't. Therefore there would be 8 watermelons in the picture, technically.

See

I have downs.

Show your work so I can struggle to understand your genius.

volume wise 5 but it took 6 to 8 (depending how the halves were cut)

It would've taken 6 melons to make, but if you reassembled them there's only three melons.

This is moronic. You can't build a new melon from the parts of other melons. If you stick the half of one melon with the half of another melon, you don't create one new, whole melon. The fuck is wrong with you? Is this b8?

relative answer, how many diferent melons are?
it can be 6 - 7 or 8 depending of the half being from 4 o just 2 diferent melons.

None, just pieces of melon, some smaller some larger.

0 none are complete

8 watermelons that have each been cut.

at least 6

4x (3/4) + 4x(1/2) =
12/4 + 4/2 =
12/4 + 8/4 =
20/4 =

but if you are asking about primary grade math ...
3/4 X 4 + 1/2X 4

THIS

Best concise answer ITT.

Glad we settled that.

0. Those are berries

You'd have to be retarded and without your tard wrangler to get this wrong.

We're talking volume in these cases, i.e., how many whole melons are represented in the picture. Not necessarily how many separate melons are actually in the picture. If the latter is the case, then the answer is either 6 or 8.

8. Part of a watermelon is still a watermelon.

INB4 DURRR DURRR ZERPO, THOSE ARE WATERMELONS NO MELONS

Is 1/2 melon + 1/2 melon = 1 melon, or two melons if the halves were not from the same melon?

> Source: my extra chromosome

There are precisely 0 tits in that picture.

If i showed you an arm 3 legs a foot and a torso and askes how many humens you see what would you say? Thats how these melons feal when you ask how many there are

Who decided we were talking volume? He only asked how many melons

this

This is the most correct answer.

8 vould also be acceptable because we don't know if the halves came from the same melon.

6, 7, and 8 are all equally likely with that logic.

>If i showed you an arm 3 legs a foot and a torso and askes how many humens you see what would you say?

I would ask what a "humen" is.

The question is open to interpretation, no matter how you slice it (pun intended).

Found the dumbass. This is textbook autism. Either that, or anyone saying it's 5 is trolling

True, 7 would be likely as well.

Here's my autistic answer: 6
>There are 4 melons that have 1/4 missing.
>There are 4/2 melons that make 2 whole melons
> The half melons cannot be part of the 3/4 melons

Here's my non autistic answer: 5
> 3/4 x 4 = 3
> 1/2 x 4 = 2
> 3 + 2 = 5

he didnt ask for "whole" melons sperglords

What he said. The pic didn't ask any fucking thing about math, it asked how many melons there were. The answer is 6, 2 cut in half and 4 with a chunk removed. That's 6 melons.

>If i showed you an arm 3 legs a foot and a torso and askes how many humens you see what would you say?

That's faulty logic. A human is, by definition, a whole person - mind and personality included. Anything less is a body part. A melon is still a melon even if there is a piece missing from it.

Further autistic reasoning: Only an asshole cheater would use 4 different melons to make 4 melon halves.

no that's a piece of a melon what autist calls an apple slice an apple

Still potentially wrong. They could have used 6, 7, or 8 melons to construct that picture.

(.5 x 4) + (.75 x 4) = 5
(2) + (3) = 5

There is the equivalent of five whole melons there, but those halves could be cut from different melons, blah blah blah. That turns it into a psychology question rather than a math question. Depends on what kind of answer it is you're looking for.

good thread op

No, a piece of a melon would be a part of a melon less than half the original size. Come on - would you really call one of those outer melons a "piece" of a melon? It's the whole thing with a slice taken out. It's still a melon - just not a whole one.

You can't say that a severed arm is still a human, idiot.

You picked three answers and you're still wrong

Don't compliment him. This thread has been popping up for at least a couple years.

There is either 6, 7, or 8.
You're a fucking idiot if you think otherwise
But the question is vague, how many melons are there? In the world? thousands definitely. But in the picture IN TOTAL? 5, but that would require some gluing. Or many FULL melons, then it's 0.

what about a man without an arm but everything else?

You can say piece of a human

its better than a trap thread or a banana thread

You seem to be as autistic as me in this case. But I bet we are wrong for some retarded reason.

Total used melons =

6 ≥ X ≥ 8

>its better than a trap thread or a banana thread
Yep!

That would be a human. But that's not what this guy was saying.

what about a body thats only missing a head?

i have to post this
there are absolutely 5 fucking entire melons here

ENTIRE MELON5

nothing contributed

That would be a corpse missing a head. I already explained that "human" references a living person. It WAS a human - it's not anymore.

their are no watermelons in the picture, they're all 3/4 watermelons or 1/2 watermelons.

6 melons were used
Any other awnser is wrong

1 melon was sliced into 4 pieces representing 25%

4 melons were sliced, leaving each one with 75%

If you put them back together its 5, you retarded roody poos