I'm graduating this semester with a degree in mechanical engineering and I'm set to go to grad school...

I'm graduating this semester with a degree in mechanical engineering and I'm set to go to grad school, but my dream is to become a vegan activist and work at PETA. What should I do? Besides kms hahaha

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_rights
youtube.com/watch?v=5X0Vgp_vfc0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PETA aren't credible and lie to much, go to another organisation. Or push animal rights along with human rights as part of a human rights group

This

This people who deal with human rights are also sympathatic to animal rights.
People also act in this self interest so both together makes sense.

>mfw you actually believe it

actually believe what?

/thread

I have to agree with this guy, OP. Been vegan for 8 years, have never given PETA any support. They're insane, and basically terrorists.

>Drinking that Kool-aid.

I'm a vegetarian, why should I go vegan?

what makes you say that? I actually decided to apply to two jobs right now, I'm tailoring my resume as we speak

>gets a degree is something actually worth a shit
>"muh dream is to be a do nothing activist that whines about things that will never change"

God damn it people are such fags now and days...

well there are two possible reasons. utilitarian or deontological. if utilitarian, do it because animals still suffer and are killed by the egg and dairy industries. if deontological, do it because it's wrong to treat animals as commodities, to exploit them, to keep them in captivity.

Never changes? How much is public opinion and law about animal rights different now from 50 years ago?

And it's okay to hurt plants? Check your eukaryote privilege asshole

Literally don't care about deontological where draw the line? Can't even own a fish or a dog

I live in countryside England, I can get cruelty free dairy.
When I live in Asia it's impossible to be healthy and vegan

I would add that the egg and dairy industries (especially but not exclusively the factory farming style portions) consume huge amounts of resources that could be put to better use and create many undesirable byproducts, all of which threatens animals, humans, and the planet itself.

oh yeah definitely, I always see it from the ethical side first but there are huge environmental reasons as well, good point

Start telling everyone your vegan

Plants are eukaryotes too dumbass

not that different if you really take a look at it. ultimately though vegans have the grand idea and argue that all people should follow their standards of diet/life style like a cultist albeit bio individuality shows that not all people will benefit from completely removing animals products from their diet.

>my dream is to become a vegan activist and work at PETA
why don't you be less of a faggot retard, simply adopt a vegan diet instead of being an "activist" for shit no one cares about, and volunteer at your local animal shelter.

>not that different

Okay
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_rights

>ultimately though vegans have the grand idea and argue that all people should follow their standards of diet/life style like a cultist albeit bio individuality shows that not all people will benefit from completely removing animals products from their diet.

It's okay user, your ex is happier with my big vegan dick, no need to be salty

What's wrong with activism?

Or are you one of those people that think all activism is bad unless they agree with the cause?

>throat slit
>halal slaughter
>pig

Try harder dipshit.

you can believe whatever you like loser...

youtube.com/watch?v=5X0Vgp_vfc0

underage b&

It's not really about "benefit" its more about morality, e.g do you eat dogs, cats, humans?

Most vegans I know deliberately avoid saying they're vegan to avoid being called itierant preachers

I doubt you have a "big vegan dick" since you probably stuff your face with nothing but soy. You more than likely have saggy man titties and troll Sup Forums for boipucci. When do you plan on just going on hormones anyway user? Your t levels are probably just low enough now that you actually start passing.

I feel bad now, It took you 10 minutes to think of that comeback ouch. No wonder she left you

baka

you believe in moral truths...

So people only eat pigs who die of natural causes?

How is that even implied?

>It's not really about "benefit" its more about morality

am I missing something here?

Teleport behind me, Weeaboo!
And use 10% of your power to do it.

he was responding to a poster who said this

>albeit bio individuality shows that not all people will benefit from completely removing animals products from their diet.

Fuck animals what about humans? I see all these sob commercials about how bad animals are treated. What about humans? And children being abused? I could give a fuck about some cat or dog. I want to see our kids taken care of. Fuckoff your animal shit and seriously kys

Yes. Yes they do.

Do you think all moral issues should be solved in a certain order?

or you could just kill yourself right now

Well if you think an animals life is worth more than your mothers or sisters or brothers dads etc. you have some serious problems. Or if you think they are equal. Grow the fuck up

Fun fact, all the enimal rights we have to day, the butcher proces laws etc. You have to thank one great man in history who tried to save the human spicies, aka not niggers or ppl with nigger admixture.

Sadly he lost and now we are genocided by nigger admixture.

Hint he was a vegan to.

There are to many ppl, , to many niggers to be exact