>Berate other's shit taste
>Ask what's good to buy
>Etc etc

Other urls found in this thread:

jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Here's mine.

micro – iDAC2 with Shure SE846 earbuds.

Looking at getting some MEE Audio M6 PRO IEMs and a JDS labs ODAC soon. Will be getting custom fit ear inserts made up too, if that matters.
Anyone owned this stuff or can recommend something similar?

Nice stuff user, how are those shures? People seem to be really mixed about the lower end stuff but I liked my E2C when I had them.
Been listening to anything good lately?

Amplifier: Pioneer Elite VSX-59TXi
Front Bookshelf Speakers: 2x NHT Classic 3
Surround Speakers: 2x NHT Super One
Subwoofer: 2x NHT SW10
Headphones: Sony MDR-V6

Also have a Rotel RX-1050 and a B&K 507 amp that I switch in occasionally.

>un-ironicaly buying DAC's and amps

>That listening chair
NHTs look nice, are they decent in nearfield like that, or do they need EQ?
I'm running Ribbon tweeter monitors in nearfield at the moment, but they need a fair bit of room correction in my small room to sound decent.

What is a micro idac2?
An amplifier?

Bump

For interest

Reporting in

>TFW can't wear cans due to different sized ear canals
Kill me. Sure wouldn't mind some technica or grado units though, but loudspeakers will have to do for now; wouldn't mind some of pic related tbh, that forward "monitoring style" midrange is my cup of tea for sure.

nice decor.

Desktop listening:
ADAM F7 monitors
ISO-L8R-155 stands

Lounge listening:
Cambridge CXA60 amp
KEF LS-50 monitors
Norstone 500mm stands
Blue jeans cabling

Currently own AKG K701, Shure SRH840 and Etymotic ER-4S.

Have a NuForce Icon HDP amp/dac

Xonar Essence STX soundcard,

Am in the Process of building a Beta 22 Amp

Anyone owned a pair of Rokit monitors? I listened to the 5's in store and they're nicely balanced, kinda similar to the Roland sound but a little cheaper.

Love those Adam F7s fella, are the isolation stands any good? I've resorted to hanging my monitors from the ceiling with venetian cord and it isolates like nothing else I've tried.
As for the LS-50, Some of the best small speakers I've ever heard were dual concentric, are these as good as they say?

What would be the best gaming headset right now? Looking especially for good noise-cancellation, wireless and of possible bluetooth.
Coming from an old Turtle beach z300, which is amazing on features and audio quality, but has the worst over-ear sealing and build quality ever.

>Not in for headphones + mix combo
>already own the ATH-m50x for everything else non-gaming

I think the Rokits sound good for their price, I've heard good things about the 4s too.

they cost more than twice as much, but I really like the ADAM and Eve monitors with AMT ribbons

Why not just use the ATH with a cheap lapel or tie clip microphone?
With cheap passive lapel mics being so cheap and easily available, there's literally no good reason to use a gaming specific headset.

yeah the stands are great. i can't be fucked hanging them, my partner's already salty enough that I bought these 5 months after I bought the LS50s.

yeah the LS50s sound great. I've tried them both nearfield on my desk, and midfield in the lounge. they shine a bit more with 2-3m distance between them. I love their sound.

I have to admit, though, i'm getting addicted to the F7s at the moment, their AMT ribbons are so detailed

Yeah, those are pretty decent ribbons; I've got founteks on my monitors and they're very nice as is.
Coaxials seem to respond really well to room EQ and usually have great imaging out of the box as long as the phase is pretty constant, I'm sure KEF got that pretty well sorted; bring active doesn't hurt either.

Yeah. They work pretty well as desktop speakers, as they are sealed. Can keep them nice and close to the wall and it doesn't change the sound.

HifiMan HM-700 + Shure se215
I only use Flac files and it sounds great.
Got both from B&H

Nice, Mine are rear ported and I can't have them anywhere beside a foot or so out from the corners, but they still do alright I guess.
Will probably sell them soon, room acoustics are severely limiting in my study room.

Shures bring up some pretty good memories for me, I loved mine. Cute player, does it have expandable memory?

Schiit stack + ak4490 phone
With akg 712 + mad dogs + jvc fxd70 + asg 1plus

Sadly it does not, but the sound quality is worth it for the price, it was around $200 when I bought, because it is a discontinued model.

Those are 535s nigga

It looks like a nice player though, Hifiman makes some surprisingly good stuff; I'm considering a Fiio for my next player, they're not bad for the price either.

anyone know any good interfaces?

For what? If you want something cheap with a couple of mic inputs you could just buy a small Behringer, but if you need lots of inputs and phantom power etc, things get more expensive.

I was considering a Fiio as well, try getting one like mine if you can, they still sound better, if you have $400 I would recommend a HifiMan Supermini, which is like mine but on steroids

Actually some good recommendations in this thread! I'm jamming an Oppo HA-1 thru some DT 770s wired Balanced. Seriously, if you use balanced sources (XLR cables), it's 6 dB improvement for free. It really makes the SACD from the Oppo BDP-105 sound killer...

Live acoustic (unamplified) music is the only valid reference to compare for sound transparency with your system. I go to the symphony a few times a year, as well as acoust jazz concert (Vancouver is pretty good for both, and inexpensive).
At home I have Stax STAX-SR-009 (pro tip: buy cheaper at pricejapan.com than from western retailers), with self-built KGBH hybrid transistor/tube amp (~$600 in parts, considering I wound my own transformer cause I have one of those hand-cranked winding jigs, and around 50 hours to build).
Speakers make no sense cause I live in a fucking 1-bed condo, no amount of room treatment could fix those acoustics.

Oppo stuff is real nice, balanced XLR is great and if you have it you should always use it.
How are the 770s? What sort of stuff do you listen to on them?

I just need something with an xlr input and a 3.5 mm jack input.

You'll really struggle to find one that specifically has a 3.5mm input, so you'll have to use a 6.5mm adapter.
Behringer UMC22 would do a great job for what you need, they have nice input preamps for the money.

Bitches don't know bout muh basement subwoofer

Firestudio project, mogami gold cables, Yahama HS8s, Technics RP-DH1200, and a furman.

Double input is the UMC202HD, depends on whether you'll be using 1 or 2 inputs at any one time, it's obviously more expensive too.

I'm just starting out with my first pair of decent headphones. I bought a pair of DT 990s. I wanna use them for listening to music and for gaming, so I'll have to get a mic. Anyone have any suggestions for a good amp? I've got about $150 to work with.

jdslabs.com/products/35/objective2-headphone-amplifier/

Cool, thanks. I've been considering the O2.
I think I want to get a DAC, but that combo is pretty expensive. Is it worth investing in?

ever thought about rotary subs?

Yes, I'd say it is.
Te O@+ODAC looks like a good buy, the C5D is essentially just the portable version; so go for whatever better suits your needs

i like my m100s